shape
carat
color
clarity

1.24C H VS2 for $6200 from local dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bennie

Rough_Rock
I'm about to go look at a 1.24C H VS2(GIA Certed)for an engagement ring at a dealer in Chicago. I've compared this diamond with the specs from many others I've found on-line, and I feel like $6200 is a very competitive price. The depth is 61.4%, table is 56%, polish rated excellent and symmetry very good, no fluor. If I like what I see when I look at this diamond, I want to do everything right in terms of getting the best deal. I'm assuming I might be able to talk him down a little bit more, but I don't want the negotiation to get confrontational or uncomfortable. Again, assuming I'm pleased with the diamond, how can I push the envelope to get a better price? OR, should I negotiate on the band and the cost of setting the stone instead? It looks like the price he's giving me is already somewhere around 15% below the price on the rapaport sheet. Thanks, Ben.

The Gipper

Rough_Rock
I'm no expert, but I've been looking heavily for some weeks. That is just about as cheap as I've seen for a 1.2 range diamond. Read about the Cut analyzer on this site, then get the crown angle, pavillion angle, culet from the vendor, run that info through the HCI on this site and see what that tells you about the cut. If the vendor doesn't have that info, ask why. This will give you some additional info that the GIA cert doesn't provide, and if the vendor doesn't have that info, it will tell you something about the vendor as well, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results