shape
carat
color
clarity

1.24 Radiant from ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bennyboy96

Rough_Rock

I just purchased last week a 1.24 Radiant H SI1 with a 2A cut and was very satisfied with everything including the quality of the stone, the price, and the service. I orginally narrowed my choices down to ERD, Whiteflash, and DirtCheap Diamonds after reading all of the reviews on the site and because all of these had upgrade and buyback policies.

I contacted Mark @ ERD to inquire about the upgrade and buyback policies as they are not stated on the website. He is currently updating/changing these policies as well as in the process of doing a complete overhaul on his website. He honored the previous upgrade and buyback policies (100% upgrade, 75% buyback within 2 years). Mark brought in a few diamonds...1 or 2 I found on PS as well as one that he found that wasn''t in the PS database. He recommended the best one to me after taking a look at the ones he brought in. He has a GIA background and knows what he''s doing when it comes to looking at stones. He was also very patient....I was also dealing with my Aunt who has a family friend in the jewelery manufacturing business in NYC who could supposedly hook up a great deal on a stone. Once I found out the stone my Aunt''s friend wanted to sell me had an 82% table, I ended up going with Mark''s stone. It was set and shipped within 2 days and I received a very beautiful radiant on a platinum cathedral setting the next day!

Mark was very quick to get back over both phone and email, and he even called from his home a few times, as well as when he was out of town. There is a minor problem with one of the prongs in that is doesn''t quite cover the stone all of the way. The appraiser said I might want to have it checked out. I let Mark know and he gave me the option of returning to him to fix or going to a local jeweler. I will go to a jeweler this week, and he told me to let him know how much it costs and he''ll take care of it. He also called on a Friday night in W. Virginia on his way from NY to St Louis to let me know he received my message. Now that''s service!

As for price, ERD was VERY competitive! The cost of the stone was right in line with, or lower than, comparable online vendors and the cost of the setting was the lowest I could find online anywhere. A nice platinum cathedral setting for only $400! The ring was appraised for 36% more than what I paid and the appraiser even considered it a very good deal for the online market! Lastly, I initially gave Mark a budget of $5K 3 or so weeks prior to purchasing the ring. When he was writing up the sale, it was supposed to be $5,060 but made it an even $5K since that was what I told him my budget was. He won''t push you to spend more than you want!

Thanks Mark for being so patient while I settled the issue with my Aunt and her "family friend" with the 82% table and extremely thin girdle. I appreciate all of the help, advice, and service you provided. I feel certain that I found the best and biggest Radiant stone I could for my budget and would not hesitate to recommend Mark and Engagement Rings Direct to anyone!

Pic from appraiser doesn''t nearly do it justice...will try and post some more later.
1.24 H SI1 (eye clean) 65% Table 66.7% Depth Medium Girdle...so sparkly you need sunglasses!

Ben

untitledsmall1.jpg

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Great ring, Ben. More pics are needed, though...
9.gif
Glad you had a positive online purchase!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well done!!
36.gif
hope you get more pics posted soon!
20.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I love it! Can we see a side view?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful. Mark does an incredible job finding the most amamzing stones. Congrats
1.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
oh, how lovely!!!! can we see more pictures? Thanks for sharing!

bennyboy96

Rough_Rock
I''ll try and take some pics in the next few days and post.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Bennyboy on a beautiful ring! Looking forward to more pics and a great engagement story....
2.gif

bennyboy96

Rough_Rock
*BUMP*
Just a quick bumb because I thought some of those who commented before the pics might have a comment now that I posted pics.

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Looks beautiful, white, brilliant and firey, have you given it to her yet?
Proposal story?

Set your camera on Macro Mode, and Zoom in from a distance so that the camera can focus on the stone. Make sure you set it on something when you try to photograph it.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Looks great Benny.
More Pics- get closer!
2.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic!!!!! Look at all that fire! yeowzer!!
36.gif

bennyboy96

Rough_Rock
Macro Mode....hmmm...any idea where that might be found on my camera? I have a sorta cheap HP Photosmart digitial camera. I had some closer shots but they were all blurry.

bennyboy96

Rough_Rock

It''s official!

I proposed to Erika 8/4 in Vancouver, British Columbia and she said "yes"!

A walk through the woods of Stanley Park led us to "Lover''s Walk" which ends at beautiful Third Beach and the Sequoia Grill where we had dinner. Afterwards, we headed across the bay to Locarno Beach for the sunset and surprise beach proposal. A shell Erika found in the sand contained a hidden note and then I dropped to one knee for the proposal. Following sunset, we stopped at a small french restaurant that had champagne and a dessert tray already set up for us. We ended the night at the hotel suite where rose petals and other goodies were on the bed.

And she absolutely loves the ring!

3bbc.jpg

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I love that pic of your 2 hands together - very cute!!
12.gif

P.S. The ring is also beautiful.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What a beautiful ring. Looks perfect on her hand!!
I''m really starting to like Radiants!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Congrats on your engagement...sounds like your planning went off without a hitch! Love that stone - it looks great on her hand!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Bennyboy, that ring is beautiful, and the proposal story is sweet!! Congrats!!
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, romantic proposal, sigh. What more could a girl want? Congrats and best wishes.

Shay

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Such a sweet story and gorgeous ring!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
awww, really sweet proposal- the ring looks absolutely fabulous on her!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results