shape
carat
color
clarity

1.10ct D VS2 H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idealprincess

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi There... I have an old ring that I would love to turn into studs.
Is it possible to find a match online, or should I go to a store to look?
Do I need to get it recertified in order to find the best match?
And, how close do the specs need to be in order for it to be considered a match?
Thank you for any advice you can give me!
IP

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2009 2:02:03 AM
Author:idealprincess
And, how close do the specs need to be in order for it to be considered a match?
Thank you for any advice you can give me!
IP
Hi ID

Your best bet would be to select a vendor and discuss it with them, they might suggest sending the existing diamond to them so they can match it. You won't need it regraded necessarily. The diameter and table measurements would need to be similar and you would need to decide whether you wanted another h&a or whether the vendor thinks it necessary to be the best match, might not be the case.

I would look at these vendors initially-

www.whiteflash.com

www.goodoldgold.com

www.highperformancediamonds.com

www.briangavindiamonds.com

www.niceice.com

www.jamesallen.com

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/23/2009 2:02:03 AM
Author:idealprincess

The diamond does not need to be re-graded in order for a vendor to locate a match for it, however the vendor will need the information from the lab report for the diamond which you have in order to locate a good match in terms of quality and measurements.

It doesn''t matter whether you work with a brick and mortar jewelry store or an online vendor, both venues have access to the cutter databases, it''s just a matter of personal preference and likely price - most of the time the internet vendors are less expensive because they are competing globally in terms of price and not just within their immediate region.

My personal preference for a match is within a few hundredths of a millimeter, e.g. if the diamond you have measures something like 6.67 x 6.69 x 4.06 mm then you would want the other diamond to measure between say 6.65 - 6.71 so that the diamonds would still be a good match if you ever pull them out of your ears for the purpose of using them as accent stones in a three stone ring where the difference in outside diameter is more apt to be noticed than it will be on your ears...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results