shape
carat
color
clarity

1.06 Princess cut look small

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunflower

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a 1.06 F VVS2 princess cut diamond. The dimensions are 5.48x5.42, almost a perfect square. But for a 1.06 carat weight, does that seem small? The depth is 76.6%, I know a little larger than the ideal.

If I am paying for 1.06 weight, should I be getting larger dimensions than that. I have seen a 1.01 look larger. However, I must say there is a TON of fire and brilliance off this one.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/1/2003 3:47:39 PM sunflower wrote:

If I am paying for 1.06 weight, should I be getting larger dimensions than that. I have seen a 1.01 look larger. However, I must say there is a TON of fire and brilliance off this one.----------------

Better proportions should yield the same 'top' sparkle form a shallower stone. However, it might take some time for you to find a candidate, unless it just pops up. There are a couple of vendors who will select and provide stones based on their light return, did you try to get a stone analyzed for light return? It may be the perfect middle ground.: while extra depth enhanced brilliance (sometimes), it it neither a sufficient or necessary condition... fortunately.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I would keep looking. Why pay for 1.06 to get something that looks like .95?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, here are the four sellers mentioned above for providing light return analysis for their princess cuts;

Super-B-Cert
Diamond Brokers of Florida
Good Old Gold
PrincessPlus (a branded cut)

Way to go, I guess...

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sunflower, I am by no means an expert on princess (or any other shape) stones, but that one seems a bit deep. Check out www.gemappraisers.com for a guide to fancy shapes.

In addition to the vendors Valeria listed for you, I would also recommend Dirt Cheap Diamonds. They apparently have some well cut princess stones in their inventory that also have photographs online. We purchased my e-ring from DCD (it's not a princess, it's a round) and we couldn't be happier with their service and the end result.
1.gif

As a disclaimer, I am not working for Jim Schultz at DCD. I am a simple, lowly consumer. I am not on Jim's payroll. But I am having his baby.
9.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Sunflower - I second what Fuffi and Valeria said.

If you do some archive searches on this forum and some reading you will find that a 1 ct. princess should have larger dimensions.

Also - I can attest that Diamond Brokers of Florida test the light return of their princess cuts because I bought one and it's a beauty. They are a branded cut called brilliant fire princess. I considered the other vendors as well and have heard nothing but good about them.

I think you can do better.
Good luck
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results