shape
carat
color
clarity

$1,000 to spend

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am looking for some ideas for work. If you had $1,000 extra to spend (and you HAD to spend it) what would you buy (non jewelry related though).
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
violin lessons.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
3 day trip for two to the Bahama''s

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
prepaid facials for a year. for that you can probably go about once ever 3 weeks. very relaxing and very pampering.

movie zombie

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ooh! If it was responsible money, I'd put it in savings. If it HAD to be spent on something fun, then the nicest digital SLR (and the biggest memory card) the $1k could buy.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I can''t spend it on jewelry...some of my top pics might be:

a nice mini vacation for a few days somewhere I could drive to with good food, good wine, and a cute bed and breakfast
nice new piece of furniture for the house
a hot new electronic device
a designer handbag
a wardrobe re-vamp
a lineup of monthly massages for however long the 1k lasts
-basically anythinig I probably wouldn''t by for myself because it was too expensive, something to make me feel luxurious.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''d put it in FI''s saving''s account he has for our first downpayment on a house, or if I had to spend it now, I''d spend it on laser hair removal treatments.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
If I had to spend it now, a sofa or a new computer. Or if my landlord let me, another cavalier king charles spaniel. Otherwise, it would go straight into savings.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I''d get a fabulous handbag!

Truth be told, handbags are my first love.

Go to www.eluxury.com and look around!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
How about a makeover for your kitchen or bathroom....new carpet or flooring??

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Well, not jewelry related or just not jewelry? I''d head to Vegas and go to HW to check out their oval three stone with split prongs that I''ve been looking at on their site every day! I''d have some fab food while I was there, have a facial, and do a little shopping.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Hiring somebody to paint the rooms that have yet to be painted in our house... 2 bathrooms, one with a 12 ft. ceiling, 2 hallways, and the den. Yeah, that may not be enough, actually...

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
that''s tough.... non jewelry? Well, in reality, probbaly save it for all the furniture and other expenses for our new house! If I had to spend it right away.... probably a fabulous long weekend away!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol...love it...

in no particular order:

--a new b-bag for spring...mmm periwinkle.
--1 hour deep tissue massages for 10 months
--new LCD TV for our family room
--home laptop for greg

it'd be really hard to choose WHAT to get. but honestly i'd probably do either the laptop, or TV. the massages and b-bag can always wait. i actually have been hemming and hawing over getting greg a laptop for christmas but i already got him his 'big' gift which is this awesome huge all soft leather weekender bag for overnight/weekend trips...so i was thinking of saving the laptop for v-day or our 3 year anni in may. but if i had the extra $1k, why not?!
3.gif

i love all these questions, haha. what's this for chickadee?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''d spend it on a vacation!

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
touring the Northern CA coast (mendozino county) wine tasting, a few night on a room overlooking a coast and relaxing for a week..... Already been priced and it can be done for that much.

this is how I wanted to propose to my ex.... If any of you need Ideas, Have lots of research on this place

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I''d by a new camera with a killer macro lens so I could take great pictures for PS!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 11:22:18 AM
Author: Mara
lol...love it...

i love all these questions, haha. what''s this for chickadee?

We do a "hot list" for every issue of our magazine (like beach must haves, pet must haves, v-day gifts...) and for the next one I was thinking of "9 ways to spend your tax refund." DH and I *never* actually get one since we are self employed but $1,000 just seemed to make sense (am I wrong?) Actually items work better than services visually. I think I might include a b-bag since you all rave about them (and they do look beautiful). Maybe some cool new electronic thing (not sure what though haha). I am just looking for creative and unique things. Laptop might come in handy for you too. There is nothing better than scoping PS on the sofa.

Keep the ideas coming!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 12:19:44 PM
Author: starryeyed
I''d by a new camera with a killer macro lens so I could take great pictures for PS!
1.gif

Oh, this is a good idea too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol tacori, i already have a home laptop (pscope on the couch is AWESOME), but poor greg can never get on it!!! hehehe. he has one for work but he hates using his work computer for anything ''fun'' related since i guess it has bad connotations, lol! so he was saying he wouldn''t mind just a super basic laptop for home connectivity, we have the whole house on wireless so he could also surf with me or during the summer sit outside on the patio too etc.

the b-bag would be an awesome idea for the mag, if you do use it, take a scanned shot and post it, i wanna see...lol! what about the ''wii'' ... isn''t that thing all the rage this year? i don''t know how much it is but it could be like the Wii and a few games or something for $1k.

the other hot thing still going strong around here is satellite radio for your car and they have little portable units too. my dad just got it for my mom. i think it''s like $400 and then you buy the subscription? not positive though.

in terms of the tax return, ours is way more than $1k but i know a ton of people don''t get any or owe so i think $1k is a great idea for a kind of middle of the road. you could also do something larger, like a page on how to spend $1k, then how to spend $3k, how to spend $5k kinda thing, like a spread. lol i love how i am planning out your mag for you. anyway. fun!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I thought about doing different amounts. I might just pick lux items and not worry about the price. I just figured around $1000 was a good starting point but it doesn''t have to be exactly that. We aren''t just a women''s mag so I need to include product for guys too. That is a good idea about wii. I usually contact the PR/marketing person when I find a product I want to use. So I will be sure to post them on your b-bag thread if I get any. That way I get great high res pics plus give me copy (less work for me
2.gif
). I look getting their look books. Plus I have to make sure the product is still around when the mag finally comes out. Since it is free advertising they are usually pretty nice about it.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I can think of a few things I'd like to spend it on:

*Trip back to Boston to visit my friends! (could prob finance a couple trips) or pay to have my friends come here!
*New Coach workbag and Coach sunglasses that I tried on the other day and LOVED!
*Trip to vegas for FI and I
*Clothes
*Digital camera

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
-A case of wine from an AWESOME winery, or a year''s membership in their wine club
-services of a private chef for x number of dinner parties in my home
-services of a interior decorator for a design consultation in my home

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I thought of another--

10 personal training sessions! That''d be awesome

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
ROTH IRA!!!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 11:37:23 AM
Author: mtrb
ROTH IRA!!!!!!!

I agree but that won''t work. The question was you HAVE to spend it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So so far I am thinking:

a b-bag (or something along those lines)
a really great cool, new camera
I really like the wine idea and NC has some local ones (thanks CG!)
Some other sort of electronic (maybe wii or something like that)
Maybe we could do personal chef for X months
Maybe the Nascar experience where you can drive a race car. That may be popular in my neck of the woods.

Any other products?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about donating a portion of it to charity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results