shape
carat
color
clarity

$1,000,000 homes in your town...how far will one million go?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
1 mil doesnt get you that much here either
7.gif

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Bedminster-Twp_NJ_07921_1110695708

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist and I live by each other...so basically, very little.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 9:57:15 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 7/19/2009 9:20:32 AM

Author: aliciagirl

Oh man, those of you that say a million can barely buy you a basic small home should come on over to Cleveland.
3.gif

For a little over, gorgeous, huge lakefront.

For just at, a 9 bed/8 bath 7300 sq. ft on 2 acre castle.

Edit: Links were broken!!

How funny I grew up by the second home you linked. It is CRAZY huge IRL.

Wow, that''s kinda crazy!
1.gif
I purposely tried to pick the most outlandish house on realtor.com... I kinda want to drive out and see it!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Due to the size of my town I''m not posting links. BUT, I can''t find a house for over $538000. That house has 4bed/3bath on 12 acres with outbuildings and brand new kitchen and baths.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shiny, I didn''t post links to my town either-''course, there ARE no million dollar homes here, so I had to go miles and miles away to find any!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Just typed in my zip and $.9-1.0M on realtor.com, and the only options that came up were 2 bedroom condos.
38.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 11:47:40 AM

Oh man, those of you that say a million can barely buy you a basic small home should come on over to Cleveland.
3.gif

Wow, that's kinda crazy!
1.gif
I purposely tried to pick the most outlandish house on realtor.com... I kinda want to drive out and see it!

ALL the houses in that neighborhood are stunning but that is probably the largest. I still remember the mom and her daughters locked themselves in a bathroom with an intruder entered the house 10+ years ago. Scary! Too bad that's what I associate the house with. If you REALLY want to see some CRAZY houses take a drive on South Park. Those are castles! If you drive by go to Tommy's on Coventry. They have the BEST milkshakes!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Down the street from me.

Marketing Remarks: mpressive Two Story Country French with brick and stone exterior, patterned concrete walkway and drive. Custom details finish this 5748 sq. foot home and include hand scraped hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, granite surfaces, custom millwork, Wolf range, Sub-Zero fridge, designer lighting throughout. Pre wired for sound and features impressive media room. Large grass and sprinklered lot backs up to Conmarra Reserve

5 Bedroom, 5.5 baths, 5,747 sq. ft., 3 car garage, $995,000

http://northtexas.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Northtexas&PRGNAME=MLSPictureDescriptions&ARGUMENTS=-N820145083,-N11210904,-ABR,-N0,-ARR&MLS_Origin=NTXR

Also, not more than 5 miles from me.

Marketing Remarks: Stunning, barely lived in Sanders Custom home. As you walk up notice stamped concrete walkway & wrought iron & wood door. Upgraded designer arches grace the entry way. Hand scrapped hard wood floors thru out lower level and up both staircases. 2 wet bars, wine cellar, & outdoor living area w-fireplace make this home perfect for entertaining. Travertine with stone tile inlays in oversized kitchen and keeping room. Kitchen offers sub-zero refrig.

5 Bedrooms, 5.5 baths, 5,658 sq. ft., 3 car garage, $999,000

http://northtexas.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Northtexas&PRGNAME=MLSPictureDescriptions&ARGUMENTS=-N820145083,-N11195433,-ABR,-N0,-ARR&MLS_Origin=NTXR

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

3.gif

Haha... I''m another Cleveland native. One mil. goes a LOOOONG way. Most of my pals growing up lived in $300-400k "development" homes- and while they all looked the same, they were a decent size for families with 2-4 kids. In Denver, $300 will buy a crummy, tiny, fixer-uper home.... in a lame neighborhood, no less
3.gif
But I shouldn''t complain. Denver is nicer than Cleveland (imo), and at least homes aren''t as costly as many CA homes, NYC homes, Chicago homes, etc.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 2:53:28 PM
Date: 7/19/2009 11:47:40 AM

3.gif

Wow, that''s kinda crazy!
1.gif

ALL the houses in that neighborhood are stunning but that is probably the largest. I still remember the mom and her daughters locked themselves in a bathroom with an intruder entered the house 10+ years ago. Scary! Too bad that''s what I associate the house with. If you REALLY want to see some CRAZY houses take a drive on South Park. Those are castles! If you drive by go to Tommy''s on Coventry. They have the BEST milkshakes!

YUM!!! I absolutely LOVE Tommy''s (esp. their falafel)!!! And I love Coventry, in general. My sis is actually having her wedding reception at the B-Side Lounge under the Grog Shop... Hmm... I''m still not convinced that''ll play out, but she''s determined.
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
pilsn, it is nice that the homes in Shaker and Cleveland Hts are NOT track homes. They are charming, have character and a rich history. The house we lived in was built in the 1920s as an ENGAGEMENT gift! Can you even IMAGINE?!? Wonder what her e-ring looked like? Haha. Cleveland is a great city with bad weather. That''s why I moved south
2.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
You know, California is gorgeous with great weather, but there''s no way I would pay a million for any of those homes. When my hubby and I bought our house just outside of Philly at the height of the market in 2004, we paid less than 300,000 for a 5 bedroom, 4 bath house. California prices are ridiculous!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 9:39:27 PM
pilsn, it is nice that the homes in Shaker and Cleveland Hts are NOT track homes. They are charming, have character and a rich history. The house we lived in was built in the 1920s as an ENGAGEMENT gift! Can you even IMAGINE?!? Wonder what her e-ring looked like? Haha. Cleveland is a great city with bad weather. That''s why I moved south
2.gif

I want to move back to the South, but now that we have the twins I don''t think we will.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Not a lot compared to the US obviously
7.gif

This place is in one of the premiere villages in the area and needs quite a bit of modernisation and work inside I would say

Sign in or registerAlerts & searches
Saved properties
My details For sale
To rent
New homes
Find agents
House prices
Overseas property
Holiday lettings
Latest Property Deals
Guide Price £610,000 4 bedroom detached bungalow for sale
Harworth House, Bland Lane, Epperstone, NG14 6AB

Back to property listings Save property Send to friend Print Previous 1 of 5 Next Harworth House or call 0845 308 1236 Local map
Street View
Floorplan
Full Brochure
Add your own notes (Please sign in or register to add notes)

Key features:
Main Sitting Room
Study
Dining Room
Open Plan Breakfast/Kitchen
Four Bedrooms
Bathroom & En Suite
Large Double Garage
Sheltered Landscaped Garden
0.60 Acres (or thereabouts)
Full description:

INTERNAL SPECIFICATION

Storm Porch
External panelled main entrance door, side screen with high level external courtesy lighting.
Central Hall
8.30m (27’3”) length
An immediate indication of the calibre of the property. Central heating radiator, large integral cloaks-general store. BT telephone point.
Separate WC
Low level wc and small wash basin.
Main Sitting Room
7.25m x 4.20m (23’9” x 13’9”)
A fine main reception room having southerly/easterly aspects across the garden with full width aluminium framed sliding sealed unit doors opening to the garden/terrace area.

Full height hand crafted sawn coursed buff York stone fireplace with arched recesses and contemporary brushed steel electric fire, extended Westmorland slated hearth and television plinth.

Large low level central heating radiator.

Centre light- wall light points and television aerial point.
Five amp table lamp lighting circuit with dimmer controls.
Study
3.60m x 2.70m (11’9” x 8’9”)
Central heating radiator. BT telephone point.
Dining Room
4.20m x 3.60m (13’9” x 11’9”)
Double casement glazed doors from the central hall and serving hatch opening into the kitchen.
Low level central heating radiator.

Open Plan Breakfast Room/Kitchen

Breakfast Room
4.40m x 3.50m (14’6” x 11’6”)
Ample breakfast/dining table space.
Contemporary recessed ceiling down lighting.
Central heating radiator.
Kitchen Area
3.00m x 2.90m (9’9” x 9’6”)
High grade contemporary kitchen units.

Full height housing having NEFF brushed steel double electric oven with high/low level pan storage and extended range base storage units with 1.5 bowl stainless steel sink.

NEFF four ring brushed steel propane gas hob with high level range of wall cabinets with concealed extraction fan.
Low voltage recessed ceiling down lighting and concealed work surface lighting with high grade splash back tiling.
Utility Room
2.95m x 2.40m (9’9” x 7’9”)
Fixed double bowl stainless steel sink unit/base unit. Freestanding broom/general store cupboard.

Freestanding Danesmoor oil fired central heating boiler, ample freezer space/appliance.

Rear Hall
External garden door and internal personnel door to garage. Please see later notes for garage specification

Please note the bedroom area is separated from the living area with a doorway/screen from the central hall.

BEDROOM ACCOMMODATION
Inner Hall
Large linen store/airing cupboard with high level hot water cylinder, immersion heating and Economy 7 time controls.
Ample linen shelving.
Bedroom One
5.10m x 3.90m (16’9” x 12’9”)
High grade full height wardrobe units, high level storage and complimenting freestanding bedroom furniture.
BT telephone point.
En Suite Bathroom
2.90m x 2.65m (9’6” x 8’9”)
Contoured panelled bath, separate vanity unit with double wash basins and low level wc. Central heating radiator.
Separate shower cubicle with Topliss shower head.
Bedroom Two
3.90m x 3.85m (12’9” x 12’6”)
Freestanding wardrobe units - bedroom furniture.
Bedroom Three
2.90m x 3.30m (9’6” x 10’9”)
Bedroom Four
3.65m x 2.70m (12’0” x 8’9”)
Bathroom
3.90m x 2.00m (12’9” x 6’6”)
Large contoured panelled bath.
Twin pedestal wash basins and low level wc.
Separate shower cubicle with Topliss shower head.
Fixed wall mirrors/medicine cabinet.

GARDENS AND GARAGING

Harworth House is set in a sheltered landscaped garden (0.60 acres), sheltered along the northern boundary by a high clipped yew boundary hedge, giving protection from northerly winds and adding character to the garden.

The gardens have been maintained and tendered to a high standard being managed to an extensive lawned area with high boundary hedging/perimeter shrubberies, giving a good degree of privacy in a central village location.

A specimen yew tree spreads across the garden close to the drive entrance and the well managed shrubbery beds are planned for ease of maintenance.

The lawned garden extends around the property into a lawned south garden with a flagged terrace within the lea of the property. In turn, the lawned garden extends across the rear elevation having a flagged amenity area/second terrace. Propane gas cylinders and ample bin storage space.

Large Double Garage
6.10m x 5.85m (20’0” x 19’3”)
Full width up/over vehicle entrance door and separate internal/external personnel doors.
Level concrete flooring, electric lighting/power and hot-cold water supply.
Ample work bench/storage areas and recessed central heating oil storage tank.
Further information
Home Information Packs (HIPs)
Download Full HIP for this property Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
View EPC graph for this property To view this property or request more details, contact Smith & Partners , Southwell
If you have other questions about this property, please telephone: 0845 308 1236 (BT 4p/min)

Disclaimer
Property reference 1976. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Smith & Partners , Southwell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 and The Home Information Pack Regulations 2007.
Marketed by...
Smith & Partners , Southwell
16 Market Place, Southwell, NG25 0HE

Call 0845 308 1236 (BT 4p/min)

Request details
More properties from this agent
Map and local area information
View this property on a map. Get information such as house prices and nearby schools at aboutmyplace.
Nearest stations:
(2.1 miles) Lowdham
(2.9 miles) Thurgarton
(3.3 miles) Burton Joyce

Spotted an error?
In order for us to help our agents maintain accurate and up-to-date information please inform us if you have noticed an error within these property details.
Note - if you are the vendor you may wish to contact your agent directly.

You''re in the centre of the property''s postcode. Start exploring the local area from here.
Take me back to the start.
This site: Site Map Help Terms of use Privacy policy Feedback
Rightmove PLC: About us Investor relations Press centre Careers Contacts
Rightmove for professionals: Automated valuations Agents and developers Rightmoveplus
Resources: HIPs Rightmove property guides Mobile Search bar Property Deal
United Kingdom: A-Be Bl-Bu Ca-Ce Ch-Con Cor-Cu D Ea Ed-F G H I-K L M-Ne No O-R Sc-So St-Sw T-V Wa-We Wi-Wr Y
London: London property by map Property for sale Property to rent Ba Be-Br C E-G Ha Hi-Ho I-K L-M N-R S-T W

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 11:49:33 PM
Author: pennquaker09
Date: 7/19/2009 9:39:27 PM

2.gif

I want to move back to the South, but now that we have the twins I don''t think we will.

Come on down to NC! We can have playdates!
9.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Right now $1m can buy you three decent houses. There is nothing on any of the real estate websites that is more than $275K.
The first one sits on 8 acres, the second one 6, and the last was a new construction for about $400K - so you could buy all three!

Sullivanproperties.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1017-Michigan-Ave-95125/home/1123046
3/2 2000 sq ft on 7500 sq ft lot

alternatively, you could have a 5/3 2200 sq ft on a .30 acre lot BUT it is not remodeled at all so you'd prob put another 100-200k into it.

we are lazy and don't have time for remodeling so prefer something totally done like the link. that looks a lot like our house (our lot is 6500sq ft) in the same area, BUT ours is about 500 sq ft smaller. i would LOVE that house, that kitchen *swoon*!

eta...what is it with all those newer houses all over the US that don't have any TREE LANDSCAPING??? it was one of my biggest pet peeves when we looked in NC. the developers would raze the area and then build the homes and talk about all the great old trees that were there before. do they know how long it takes for trees to grow?? i adore older remodeled houses with huge tree lined streets and yet in new construction you can hardly find it. i would rather pay a bit more for a house where they retained some of the original natural landscaping to make it look more like an established neighborhood but it seems like hardly anyone does this. such a waste.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
there was a 3 bed condo for sale a street down from us for 1.8 million. boo!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This thread is making me wish I were a millionaire.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Well, here you can buy a little tiny house like this one for that price.

Listed at $1mil exactly
9,741 sq. ft
2.5 acres
8 bed, 5 bath
4 car garage

milliondollarhouse.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 12:22:51 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
This thread is making me wish I were a millionaire.
think of the property taxes, hiring staff to clean the interior, gardener, window washer. Totally. I'd go for that
1.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 1:40:43 PM
Author: jet2ks

Listed at $1mil exactly
9,741 sq. ft
2.5 acres
8 bed, 5 bath
4 car garage
Where is this one, city, state?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, my sister loves San Jose and wants to move there. As for trees I guess I am super lucky b/c the area in NC we live has HUGE, old trees. I agree that I hate when they mow them all down.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 1:12:12 PM
Author: MC
Water view for just over a mill

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4048-E-Mercer-Way-Mercer-Island-WA-98040/48922456_zpid/

(this isn''t the town I live in. . .I do not want to post which one, but this is nearby where I live!
2.gif
)
I have a friend that lives on Mercer Island and for a second, I was ready to swear this was her house! It''s not, but it''s obviously the same vintage and more than likely the same architect as the similarities are just too great. She has a fantastic view of the water and a roof deck I''d kill for. They paid about $600k six years ago- it was like a time capsule in there- nothing touched for decades. They did a great job with it- I wonder if it would sell for as much as this one now.

You can get a lot of house where I live for $1M.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Atlanta_GA/price-1000000-1100000

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 2:56:29 PM
Author: Beacon

Listed at $1mil exactly
9,741 sq. ft
2.5 acres
8 bed, 5 bath
4 car garage
Beacon is packing her bags!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 2:56:29 PM
Author: Beacon

Listed at $1mil exactly
9,741 sq. ft
2.5 acres
8 bed, 5 bath
4 car garage
Abilene, Kansas. Four miles south of town.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results