shape
carat
color
clarity

1.0 -1.25 ct Marquise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I have a .75ct marquise that I love. It is very white and wide. I would like to upgrade to a 1.0 -1.25. I just wonder what a non-certified near colorless marquise of that size may run me??? The mall jewlers are all over the place. I went in and some of their 1.0 ct. looked only as big as mine?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not certified ?
20.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
It''s hard to do a search of uncertified diamonds here. Most vendors will offer mainly certified stones in that size. A quick search of G/SI1 stones 1.01 to 1.4 carats ranged from 3700 to 5500 dollars. You may want to call a few of the vendors and see if they can get you an uncertified diamond and how much it will cost. The colorless/near colorless range runs all the way from D to I so prices run accordingly as they do for the different clarities. You need to decide how low in both you are willing to go and then work from there.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t think I could affford certified. The mall jewler had these non-certs. listed in 3 catagories. Good, Better, Best.

I went for the better and it was really white and pretty. I have 90 days to do something different so I need. I need to do something. I need a white stone because my side stones are so white. I want a bigger stone and want to see if I am being obercharged.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2005 10:34:40 AM
Author: woobug02
I didn't think I could affford certified. The mall jewler had these non-certs. listed in 3 catagories. Good, Better, Best.
For the price, they might as well use GIA certs
11.gif
EGL (USA) perhaps... but none ?

I am pretty sure those guys are smart enough to buy their diamonds priced by standard grades from wholesalers, it's only over the counter that the otherwise precise cut, color and clarity gardes become "good / better / best".
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results