shape
carat
color
clarity

01/12 to 01/18 BWW Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Erica: Congrats on the skinny jeans!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
That is when you really know you''ve gotten somewhere! Sounds like your hikes are going great as well!

MissManna: Sounds good to me! How is the Y going still pretty crowded or are people dropping off already?

StarbuttsKoffee: How are things going? Hopefully you don''t lose too much due to stress! Water is definitely important, I am always trying to get more water in my diet. Are you still doing the dumbbells? I need to tone my arms.

How was everyone''s Monday?
35.gif

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
If you don''t mind, I think I''d like to join this thread
1.gif
I gained 6 or 7 pounds over the holidays, and I think it''s finally time to commit to taking it off before my wedding dress comes in in March. Of course, I''d also really like to keep it off until the wedding is over too
2.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
No problem, welcome!
35.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Can I get in on this too?
35.gif

I just got back from the first day of a 60 day fitness challenge at a local gym! It''s not a traditional gym - it''s all natural body movements, resistance, etc... SUPER cool. I''ve never been the kind of person who could get on a treadmill every day, so it seems like it''s going to be a match made in heaven!

Anyhow, the average person loses 17 lbs of fat and gains 6 lbs of muscle over the 60 days! I''m hoping for similar results... the dress was too expensive not to look great in it!!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif

I just got back from the first day of a 60 day fitness challenge at a local gym! It''s not a traditional gym - it''s all natural body movements, resistance, etc... SUPER cool. I''ve never been the kind of person who could get on a treadmill every day, so it seems like it''s going to be a match made in heaven!

Anyhow, the average person loses 17 lbs of fat and gains 6 lbs of muscle over the 60 days! I''m hoping for similar results... the dress was too expensive not to look great in it!!

mjso

Shiny_Rock
8 weeks from today is my first dress fitting and I''m freaking out. I ordered it to fit me, but I still want to lose weight so I feel my best on my wedding day.

I got the Wii Fit for christmas and we started it up a week ago yesterday, in the first week I went on 5 times and I supposedly lost 3 pounds. I know that is probably water weight and not a real loss, so I''m not too exited yet. I''ve got 11 more pounds to go for my first goal...eeek!

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sarah, how about you? I'm doing good, keep doing the dumbbells every nite before I sleep, my weight now steady at 120lbs for a several days now. Arms are the hardest areas to tone!! Anyone has tips on that without working way too musculin? I bought the Spanx and wore that to try out evening gown and it shaped up my body pretty well so I'm not extremely worrying my stomach and my butt since they are being covered by Spanx lol...

beside weight loss, what other treatments are you ladies getting?
31.gif

-SB

ohhh... and I'm going to visit my dress (sample for now, real dress not coming in until end of May) this weekend, hopefully I can take some nice photos!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hey gals (and guys?)!
35.gif

Katy: Your fitness challenge sounds really cool! How is it going? You''ll look great in your dress!

mjso: Don''t push yourself too much! How are things going so far? I
30.gif
30.gif
the Wii Fit! What''s your favorite exercise on it? I love the running and hula hoop!
30.gif
36.gif

SarbuttsKoffee: I need to tone my arms too ahhhhh! I am planning on hitting up the gym I guess, I don''t really know a lot of arm exercises. Did you get any good dress photos? I went and visited mine the other day, it''s so fun!

Well I was doing well with eating..until I baked cookies tonight.
11.gif
18.gif
Oh well, there''s always tomorrow.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Sarah - I LOVE your puppy!!!

Last Sunday I went on a hike that kicked my ass. And I mean kicked it. I ended up with a torn muscle in my shoulder and I''ve been hobbling around ever since. BUT! I know it burned a lot of calories! :)

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 12:18:39 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS

mjso: Don''t push yourself too much! How are things going so far? I
30.gif
30.gif
the Wii Fit! What''s your favorite exercise on it? I love the running and hula hoop!
30.gif
36.gif

Well I was doing well with eating..until I baked cookies tonight.
11.gif
18.gif
Oh well, there''s always tomorrow.
OMG, Hula Hooping is so much fun, yet so tiring! I did the 6 minute one, where you do three minutes in each direction last night and I got 954 spins on the right and 976 spins on the left. I thought I was going to die at the end
19.gif

I really like the step aerobics, I ususally do the advanced as a warm up and then 20 minutes of free step (at a much higher pace than their "beat") I just turn off the beat, turn on some music and go. I did that last night as well and got a little over 2000 steps in 20 minutes. I need to find out what a good "steps per minute" pace is.

I also like the yoga. Usually I''ll get on and do my body test and then do a few yoga poses (maybe 3-4) and then a few strength training exercises (3-4) and then 30+ minutes of cardio and after that I end with 1-2 balance games. I definitely feel like I''m working out, but not extremely hard, so I don''t know how much of a workut I''m actually getting...

I was going to bake cookies the other day for my roommates, but then I realized I just didn''t want them in the house so I didn''t. Hope the roommies aren''t too disappointed!

Erica, sorry to hear about your torn muscle!! Hope you feel better soon
9.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Sarah,

I am a WW member and lost about 25 pounds last year but have kinda fallen off the wagon, and put back on about 10 pounds. So, now I am Back to Work! (Any of you other ladies on WW?)

I try to work out at least 3 times a week, though I prefer to do 4 of 5 times a week. I like to do a combo of cardio (elliptical or walking on treadmill and some ab stuff) and running, preferably outdoors, though not as much fun when its in the 20''s.

I am coming off a half marathon in November and am trying to stay in shape for my 10-miler in April. I also have the engagement portraits at the end of March and first dress fitting in the beginning of April, so I want to be ready!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I want on as well!!!

My fiance is trying to lose 40 pounds, and I''m trying to lose 10 and tone up. My weight fluctuates a lot within a week, so the only way I can tell is by the way my clothes fit. Dress fitting is mid-April, and bridal portraits are first week in June.

To those of you saying that you want to work out your arms, I DO TOO!!!! They are the hardest for me.

If you search for "healthy recipes" on here, Mara started a WONDERFUL thread where everyone shares their recipes, includes the calorie count, etc.

Are any of you guys planning on having 2 (or maybe more?) fittings?

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
So I posted this in the BIW small talk thread but I think it better fits here
2.gif

Me and a couple girlfriends went to our first Zumba class last night and it was sooo much fun!!! If any of you ladies hate cardio as much as I do and are looking for something different I highly recommend it!! I''m even sore today....and definitely didn''t think that was going to happen!

Give it a try!
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, looks like you''re doing great! I have a quick question. I''m not around very much anymore (obviously). I''ve been gone this week mostly due to my cold, but I know I am going to be crazy busy this semester with school. SO would anyone be willing to take over the BWW weight loss thread? Let me know if you''re interested.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to try Zumba! My friends went and loved it. Do they have them all over the country? Ours in Houston is outdoors and I''m a wimp so I''m going to wait until it warms up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results