shape
carat
color
clarity

0.97ct OEC I VS2 EGL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer

Take a look at the OEC Burk is selling and tell me if you think it would make a good match for your stone. I would really like to have a pair of OEC studs!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
SOLD Re: 0.97ct OEC I VS2 EGL

I wanted to post the diameter of the diamond here because people have been asking about it. The measurments are in the EGL report as well:

The diamond is 6.11 x 6.25. That is basically the same size as a calibrated ideal cut 0.90ct modern round brilliant, if that helps you picture it. Those measurements make it seem like the diamond is much more out of round than it actually is. At the vast majority of points around its circumphrence the stone is 6.2mm. It looks totally round to the eye, and has Good symmetry per EGL.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see that the EGL report list no culet but it is most evident that it does. A gorgeous stone!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dreamer,
Your DB listing expired...is your diamond still for sale? I have been looking at cushions but your diamond is so lovely. I wanted to show the information to my SO. Thanks!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dreamer,
Thanks for sending the new listing. I have a question. Do you think this diamond would look good in a vintage style cushion halo like this:
http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER7525W44JJ

I am not sure how an OEC would look with MRB melee and/or a MRB diamond wedding band like this:
http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/WB7527W44JJ

Also, I have been debating back and forth about having a plain shank halo custom made and perhaps that would be a better way to go since I don't know how I would get a hold of a Gabriel setting if I have my own diamond.

And, if I was to go custom, I am not even sure who to use because our budget is $5000 for everything. Anyway, I am really loving this diamond I am just not sure how to go with the setting or who would help me if I don't buy the diamond from the jeweler. Any insights would be awesome!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi mandasand!

I can answer you here, but feel free to contact me through DB if you want to talk that way.

I would set this diamond into the mount you linked in a heartbeat! Actually, I was planning to set it into a similar setting by Gabrial & Co. at one point -- I thought I would just halo this diamond and keep it rather than buy a larger OEC. I have decided to go for the larger OEC, but about three months ago when this stone was loose I went to a local jeweler and popped the stone into some halo mounts and it looks spectacular. It faces up very white and I found the halo of modern rbs was an excellent compliment. I also think it would look great in a cushion halo like you linked, and that had *also* been my plan. Great minds ;))

The diamond is 6.2mm which is the same size as a 0.90ct RB. Most stock 1ct mounts are designed to fit diamonds between 0.90ct and 1.2ct, so I actually think that this diamond would fit into a stock mount for a 1ct stone. Alternatively, when I asked IDJ about one of their Gabrial & co. mounts for this diamond, they said that G&Co. will make the setting for your stone specifically. Beverly K will also do that. They will also customize with a plain shank if you wanted.

ID Jewelery and Good Old Gold both carry Gabrial & Co. and I am ver ysure that you can send them your diamond and they will set it into the mount for you. That is not a problem at all. I can ship the diamond directly to them, or to you to ship to them, if you decided to proceed.

Let me know if you have any other questions by contacting my via DB!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Okay...so the issue is my BF doesn't want to buy anything "old" because he thinks there could be a bad vibe. So, my other option would be to look at ERD or GOG for a cushion or round with the larger facet cut. These cuts are very alluring but really expensive. I want something with a vintage look.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha... this diamond is over 100 years old. I think it has good vibes. Maybe start a thread in RT about your search.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
mandasand|1337022167|3195015 said:
Okay...so the issue is my BF doesn't want to buy anything "old" because he thinks there could be a bad vibe. So, my other option would be to look at ERD or GOG for a cushion or round with the larger facet cut. These cuts are very alluring but really expensive. I want something with a vintage look.

vibes, schmibes. Although I totally get why a lot of people want "new" stones for erings, I think if you believe in yourself and your relationship, you make your own vibes. Plus even new diamonds have been sitting around waiting to be mined and are old anyway. ::)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I hadn't already purchased that diamond from WF for my pendant.. that VIBE would be ALL OVER my neck.... :bigsmile:

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Um, I know. And, if I had it my way, I would get the whole ring from an estate/antique store. But, it's his money. I totally LOVE that it is 100 years old. Makes me want it more. But, I think I have to compromise a little. I started a new thread. Now I'm torn between a round or cushion. I'm sorry I couldn't be the new guardian of your lovely stone. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results