shape
carat
color
clarity

0.60 rose cut pear

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
IMG_0880.jpeg

I am so close to finishing my collection of natural diamonds in the traditional shapes. I was only missing two — heart and pear. Heart is not going to be a problem; I think they’re cute, it’s just a matter of finding the right one. But, no offense to anyone, I hate pears. Well, I was helping @lovedogs to find a very strong blue fluorescence stone and I came across this pear. It is elongated and rose cut and I found it much more appealing than typical brilliant cut pears. F, VVS2, 0.60ct, GIA.

It has a slight violet tinge in the sun, and some chalkiness in direct sunlight, although it is hard to tell how much is due to the blue sky reflection and me forgetting to take it off before showering. If you are paying a zillion dollars for some giant investment quality step cut diamond, maybe pass on SBF. Honestly I love violet way more than I could ever afford a fancy color violet diamond of any size, so for me the SBF is a nice touch.

IMG_0902.jpeg
IMG_4089.jpeg

Like most rose cuts, the center does not reflect light when viewed straight on.

IMG_0835.jpeg

But it reflects such lovely colors and has that subtle twinkle that rose cuts are famous for.

IMG_0750.jpeg

Setting is a stock 14k white gold bezel from Rarecarat. They confirmed the diamond availability soon after I ordered, but it took a few days before several websites stopped listing it. Price was fair, probably a little discount for the SBF. It’s the kind of piece that some hipster designer might sell at a silly markup .

Thanks for looking!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0880.jpeg

I am so close to finishing my collection of natural diamonds in the traditional shapes. I was only missing two — heart and pear. Heart is not going to be a problem; I think they’re cute, it’s just a matter of finding the right one. But, no offense to anyone, I hate pears. Well, I was helping @lovedogs to find a very strong blue fluorescence stone and I came across this pear. It is elongated and rose cut and I found it much more appealing than typical brilliant cut pears. F, VVS2, 0.60ct, GIA.

It has a slight violet tinge in the sun, and some chalkiness in direct sunlight, although it is hard to tell how much is due to the blue sky reflection and me forgetting to take it off before showering. If you are paying a zillion dollars for some giant investment quality step cut diamond, maybe pass on SBF. Honestly I love violet way more than I could ever afford a fancy color violet diamond of any size, so for me the SBF is a nice touch.

IMG_0902.jpeg
IMG_4089.jpeg

Like most rose cuts, the center does not reflect light when viewed straight on.

IMG_0835.jpeg

But it reflects such lovely colors and has that subtle twinkle that rose cuts are famous for.

IMG_0750.jpeg

Setting is a stock 14k white gold bezel from Rarecarat. They confirmed the diamond availability soon after I ordered, but it took a few days before several websites stopped listing it. Price was fair, probably a little discount for the SBF. It’s the kind of piece that some hipster designer might sell at a silly markup .

Thanks for looking!

I love this diamond which has numerous beautiful surprises about it, and it’s perfect in the very sleek setting. Well done!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I love this diamond which has numerous beautiful surprises about it, and it’s perfect in the very sleek setting. Well done!

Thank you! The simple setting really lets the stone be the focus.

I love strong blue fluorescence in an old cut!

It is an intriguing combination of chunky facets and flashes of white.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
How lovely, @oncrutchesrightnow! And I love the setting. Can I ask its dimensions? I recently bought a pear myself for a pendant, but now am lost in the land of "How to set??"

A lovely new piece! And its color is just delightful!

Thanks for the compliment!

8.71 x 4.77. Probably spready due to rose cut.
IMG_0390.jpeg

Larger than what I usually wear but not as bling as if it were brilliant cut.

IMG_4077.jpeg

@mrs-b Whatever you do will undoubtedly be gorgeous.

I've a renewed appreciation for pear cuts lately, and the rose faceting elevates this one further. Congrats and enjoy!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I really like pears and think the modern way you've set this one really makes it a star. I bet you'll get a lot of wear of it too. Congrats!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I really like pears and think the modern way you've set this one really makes it a star. I bet you'll get a lot of wear of it too. Congrats!

Thanks and you’re right about wearing it. It goes well with everything and I’m wearing it today with one of my dad’s old t-shirts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results