shape
carat
color
clarity

“Escrow” Service in Canada?

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

I have an offer for my earth mined diamond, for those who have sold within Canada before, did you use a middle person to confirm your stone, and potentially mail it on your behalf once completed?

My worry is that once the diamond is mailed, this person could keep the diamond and file a “charge-back” through PayPal.

I’m not sure how much a middle person would prevent this from going through should this happen, but I thought a reputable person might be able to vouch if it did that the diamond was as described. I actually asked my appraiser if he would, but he strongly advised against selling out of city.

I know people do, so how are we protected with such a large sale.

Any feedback/advice is welcomed.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Ship to a local jeweler or broker that would be willing to sign off on the delivery, verify the contents of the shipment, and provide proof that the buyer accepted the shipment?
Maybe?
Not sure if that would provide adequate protection to you, as the seller, in Canada.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Ship to a local jeweler or broker that would be willing to sign off on the delivery, verify the contents of the shipment, and provide proof that the buyer accepted the shipment?
Maybe?
Not sure if that would provide adequate protection to you, as the seller, in Canada.

So PayPal is saying I'm protected as long as I mail to the address listed on their account... I don't know, I'm still not sure lol.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Is your buyer in the US? I think others have used the appraiser Neil Beatty as a middle person...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results