shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 25th June till 1st July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy sat. all. so I had the usual early walk and it just wonderful. the park was jammed packed at 7:00 this morning with hardly any parker. tons of bikers and runners everywhere. after our walk we decided to meet up at the starbucks near by for iced lattes..they were yummy and I got the sugar free vanilla one of course.

nothing much going on today, we''re going to friends for a BBQ for dinner which should be fun.

skippy, how were the new shoes??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck on your x-ray Skippy!!!

Dee Jay... sorry about your day yesterday!

My diet's been going okay. I had a little breakdown on Thursday when they told us about the mandatory unpaid time off. I had 1 and a half double cheese burgers and went shoe shopping (DSW sale) at lunch. But that was about it.

I'm still having steamed non-fat milk with sugar free vanilla shots in them for breakfast during the work week with Steel cut oatmeal.

For lunches (with the one exception) I've been having vegetarian indian, subway, or that pita places 350 calorie grilled chicken salads.

For dinners it's basically much smaller portions of meat that I used to half with regular portions of veggies and salads (I always was a big veggie and salad eater) with light, dressings with olive oil.

The most challenging part for us the eating of fish twice a week. We're just not that into fish, and beyond grilling it on cedar planks John (who does all the cooking during the week) we don't know how to prepare it well. But I have some books and magazine's I'm glancing through for recipes.

In addition to the oatmeal I've been increasing the fiber in my diet with all whole wheat grains... but the REALY intense ones from Trader Joes... not the light wheat stuff in the supermarket.

Drinking water is getting old fast. I'm a camel by nature... I do fine on three cups a day but I've been forcing more.

Been doing 30 minute walks at lunch to to the places I mentioned above for food. 30 minutes walking, 15 minutes eating, 15 minute walk back. I double the block once on my way in.

I'm not going to try Alli. The PCOS was confirmed today. Part of the weight gain is due to the insulin resistance I have. So I was put on glucophase (spelliing).. genetic is metrophormin or something like that. It will help with the fact that I am apparently temporary infertile (
6.gif
), the facial hair, and the insulin resistance to help me lose weight. Plus through my insurance it's only 6 bucks a month.

My OBGYN finally got the records from my former OBGYN and saw the IC diagnosis I got 7 years ago and now thinks that surgery is avoidable is the IC is causing the issues I have. So she put me on ANOTHER medicine for that.

I'm a walking taliking pill dispenser now.

I'm talking 4 Omega 3 Mood pills a say.
Two different other vitamin pils.
4 anxiety meds (to be reduce to two meds on July 12th).
Plus these two new drugs.

23.gif

I haven't gotten to the gym yet though. No motivation. Although the scale showed an 8 pound loss since the last time I was at the OBGYN. So.... not sure what that means.

Still got a ton of weight to go. And still fine with the diet (except for the one stress eating episode).

WHEW. Gotta go to the spa now. YAY!

Hope everyone's diets and plans are on track and that you are happy with the results you are seeing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy saturday all!!

just checking in quickly before our guests get here. this morning greg and i fueled up on all bran and fiber cereal with peaches, raspberries, and blueberries and almond milk then went for a 1 hour 20 minute 5m hike. whew! then he dropped me off at my hair salon, picked me up 2.5 hours later with new hair and lots of groceries from TJ's. i got a bunch of new fruit as well as a bunch of additional 'extra' protein stuff like granola cereal, more fage, 'just chicken' hummus, a bunch more luna bars, some pizzas for during the week, tejava etc etc.

earlier at the salon i ate a luna bar to give me some protein and tide me over til later. so when we came home, i made us just chicken with garlic hummus on la tortilla factory mini burritos, very tasty and hit the spot, and snacked on a few chili lime chips and drank some water. now gotta shower and finish getting the house ready, tonite for dinner we are going to this awesome asian fusion place that has really fun food and drinks with a cool ambiance, should be a fun time.

hope everyone is having a fabulous saturday!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, your pedicure sounds luxurious. Enjoy! I’m not a fan of talking shop with people. I concentrate on work when I’m there; when I’m not I’d rather talk about other things. Sorry you had to listen to someone complain about a place where you are no longer working.

Sharon and Kimberly, I’m not sure what movie we are going to see. I’d like to see Shrek III, my husband wants to see Ocean Thirteen. Die Hard probably would be okay but not my top choice. Mmm, decisions, decisions.

The picnic was okay today. They had BBQ chicken which I put on a ½ bun, had a few ounces of Pepsi and a brownie. I got hungry a little while ago and had the last few ounces of my steak from last night. Quite a few people at the picnic were pretty amazed to see me. We have over 200 people working there in 3 buildings so we don’t always run in to each other. Many of them didn’t know I’d been dieting.

I don’t think I’ll keep on my size 18 jeans all day. I want “comfort” at the show tonight. Yes, they are a little tight.

Gypsy, congrats on the 8 pounds lost and it sounds like the meds will help straighten out some of your health problems. I sure hope so. That’s great they probably don’t have to do surgery. That’s always a plus. I hear you about so much weight loss to go. If I’m even close to my goal by this time next year; I’d be delighted. Enjoy the spa!

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, that was scary.

I just got back from the gym (647 cals on the treadmill, 65 minutes) but this guy showed up about 45 minutes into it and got on one of the ellipticals. He started talking to me and the next thing I know he told me all sorts of crazy things, including that he might move back to LA but his friends all think he'd end up in jail for stalking his ex-wife if he did that (apparently he was married for 6 months and she still lives there). Not to mention he was blatently hitting on me even though I must have said the phrase MY HUSBAND about 1,000 times. He kept talking and talking and talking as I was creeping toward the door and finally I looked at the clock as said, oh geez, better go, have dinner reservations in 45 minutes. He asked me where, and IDIOT THAT I AM, I didn't think quick enough to lie and told him where we're going. He was like, oh really, I like that place a lot, maybe I'll see you there.
32.gif
Just what I need. At least he'll see that I really do have a husband. And I'm going to wear ALL of my rings so there is no mistake about my marital status. I'm not sure I even have enough finger to put on all the bling I'm going to need to show him how very married that I am.
32.gif
again.

Anyway, this morning I was back at my low of down 21 lbs. I haven't been very good today cal wise today (I think I'm at 800 already) but I'll go for something lite off of the menu tonight. And tomorrow I'll do another good workout and the HH is cooking dinner to cal wise I should be in pretty good shape.

Shortblond, that is interesting about your body and it's own range. I can only hope that the lower end of my range does turn out to be "skinny" or I'm going to be might diasppointed, ha ha.

Skippy, a long walk at 6:00 am -- WOW!

Rod, yes, please, would love to see pictures of the infamous Oak Tree!

Mrs. S., don't forget to count the cals burned moving that furniture around as a workout!

Monnie, I haven't had cantaloupe in a long time but now you've got me wanting some!

Marcy, happy anniversary!!! And I'm a pretty cheap drunk too; any more than two glasses of wine and I'm down on all four barking like a dog, LOL.

Kimberly, we always have a good time at Bin 36. I even successfully managed to avoid the breaksticks last night (well, OK, all but that 1/2 of one that crept into my mouth in tiny pieces... )

Neatfreak, chant with me: The Scale Sucks, The Scale Sucks, The Scale Sucks!

Sharon, PLEASE tell me you broke down and decided to check out your jeweler after all!

Gypsy, I hope you had a wonderful time at the spa!

Mara, LOL on the new hair!

And thanks all for the sympathy on the miserable real estate day yesterday. It goes with the territory but sometimes you just want to smack people!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 7:50:02 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
OK, that was scary.

I just got back from the gym (647 cals on the treadmill, 65 minutes) but this guy showed up about 45 minutes into it and got on one of the ellipticals. He started talking to me and the next thing I know he told me all sorts of crazy things, including that he might move back to LA but his friends all think he''d end up in jail for stalking his ex-wife if he did that (apparently he was married for 6 months and she still lives there). Not to mention he was blatently hitting on me even though I must have said the phrase MY HUSBAND about 1,000 times. He kept talking and talking and talking as I was creeping toward the door and finally I looked at the clock as said, oh geez, better go, have dinner reservations in 45 minutes. He asked me where, and IDIOT THAT I AM, I didn''t think quick enough to lie and told him where we''re going. He was like, oh really, I like that place a lot, maybe I''ll see you there.
32.gif
Just what I need. At least he''ll see that I really do have a husband. And I''m going to wear ALL of my rings so there is no mistake about my marital status. I''m not sure I even have enough finger to put on all the bling I''m going to need to show him how very married that I am.
32.gif
again.
Yikes, did you tell hubby? What a wacko!!! I hope you don''t see him again.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, the gym is in my complex and apparently he rents an appartment for in-town use in the tall tower, which is the building that the gym is in.

He told me all sorts of other personal things too (about being treated for depression and all about his career crisis, etc.) that a normal person would not just blut out to a total stranger. He kept asking me about my work out schedule but I said I usually don't work out on weekends at all so me being there today was fluke and that I work out super early in the morning during the week. (I hate to lie but I was just so creeped out that I did... )

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG DeeJay, I hope this guy doesn''t become a problem for you. I probably would''ve done the same as you and accidentally told him the restaurant name too, I''m not good at thinking fast in situations like that when someone is making me nervous. Hopefully the guy was just lonely and slightly crazy and not an ax murderer. (Sorry, I couldn''t resist, lol)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 8:30:17 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Skippy, the gym is in my complex and apparently he rents an appartment for in-town use in the tall tower, which is the building that the gym is in.

He told me all sorts of other personal things too (about being treated for depression and all about his career crisis, etc.) that a normal person would not just blut out to a total stranger. He kept asking me about my work out schedule but I said I usually don''t work out on weekends at all so me being there today was fluke and that I work out super early in the morning during the week. (I hate to lie but I was just so creeped out that I did... )
I would so lie! If he bothers you again tell security; that is creepy and tell hubby. Put your ipod on and motion to him you can''t hear next time. You can even say you are listening to an intriguing book on ipod.
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Skippy and Monnie for validating that I was not the only one who thought this type of behavior was wrong!

We went to dinner (no creepy guy--thank god!) and I had a diver scallop appetizer with morrel mushrooms and organic carrot vinegarette and then the black sesamee crusted salmon, but I skipped the green tea soba noodles becuase it was too much food. Afterwards the HH wanted a little something sweet so we went to Starbucks and I got a tall skim mocha (no whip) which I think is only 160 cals. I also ate only half of my whole grain roll (with butter) but when I realized that I was tempted to keep eating it I promptly gave it to The Eating Machine (i.e., my HH!).

Last night walking over to Navy Pier and back in my cute sandles I got a big horrible blister on the ball of my right foot. I thought it was getting better but it was worse than ever after my workout today (of course) so I got some of that blister stuff from Walgreens and I'm hoping if I put one on that I'll be OK to do the elliptical tomrorow morning. They worked great when I was hiking in the Alps so a little stroll through Chi-town should be no challenge for them. There's nothing worse than trying to work out with a sore foot--unless it's trying to work out with a creepy guy right behind you yakking it up, LOL!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many threads today!! It''s late on Saturday night (almost Sunday morning), so I''ll keep this short.

First DeeJay, the AA''ers don''t eat sushi (well maybe they do, but not at our sushi place that I''m aware of). The AA''ers all meet up at our Starbucks before their Friday night meeting. It''s amazing to see so many young AA members, then at 8:00 PM sharp, they''re all gone to their meeting. And DeeJay, if you run into that nut case again, you stay clear of him.

Sounds like everyone''s having a nice weekend. We had a pretty normal (if there is such a thing as normal) Saturday. We slept in a little. Had coffee and a scone on the terrace and it was just a breezy beautiful morning. Then we went directly to the gym and had a really good and strong workout. We had protein shakes at a different coffee shop just next to the gym as our lunch. I had my car washed, we went grocery shopping. Then we ate at a little diner and both had crabcake sandwiches, followed by coffee at Starbucks. Then we went to Channelside, which is a really cool (we can actually see Channelside from our terrace, so it''s close) new hip and trendy area, on the water, with loads of restaurants, bars, shops and it''s also the cruise ship terminal and the Florida Aquairian is also there. We went to see Evening. It''s a good movie. Not a great one, but a good one. The acting and scenery is beautiful. Vanessa Redgrave is as always amazing. Meryl has a very short role, but is also just wonderful and the rest of the cast, including Glenn Close is great as well. The story is a little slow, but it''s a nice movie and I''m glad we went. We finished the evening with a glass of wine for Charlie and a fruit and yogurt smoothie for me.

It was a very nice day and I hope you all very nice day''s too.

Congratulations Marcy on 16 years!

Kimberly, tell John I appreciate him thinking of me when he had a Sapporo and yes, I have mine every Friday night with Sushi!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, those blister band aid things really work, I used them during the Avon Walk last year and they are a wondrous invention, you''ll heal up in no time.

Rod, your weekend sounds lovely, I want to see that movie but doubt if DH will go with me as he''s the typical guy who is not into chick flicks. Maybe I''ll go see it by myself during the week instead.

I spent a lot of time lounging around outside today and playing with the dogs, it was sooo nice out. I think the high temp was around 78, and it was sunny, and no more cicadas! I was in heaven! I took the day off from working out but I pushed the vacuum around quite a bit this evening and did some other deep cleaning and laundry so hopefully I burned some calories that way. I had the other half of my canteloupe this morning and a slice of whole wheat with PB, lunch was a LC rigatoni with julienned veggies, and dinner was a big salad, so a pretty healthy day altogether. Tomorrow I plan to spend more time outside getting some Vit. D and reading a book and maybe I''ll take the one of the dogs for a walk. DH comes home from his fishing trip/guy weekend tomorrow evening so I''ll be looking forward to that all day, and hopefully he''ll be rested and want to go out to dinner!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday.
36.gif

DeeJay, that is pretty creepy about that guy at the gym. I hope you never run in to him again. I am glad to hear I’m not the only cheap drunk around. And I’m with you, some people just need smacked.

Thank you, Rod it doesn’t seem like 16 years to me. We went to see a movie tonight too. We saw Ocean Thirteen. We liked it.

Monarch, I’m glad you got some housework done today. I spent most of my day working on laundry.

I did make it through the day in my tight jeans. Yeah! Tomorrow I am going shopping for some more new clothes. I did indulge in small buttered popcorn at the movie, a little bit of 7-Up and one piece of dove chocolate. That’s the first popcorn I’ve had since I started my diet last September. The cool part was I sure fit in the seat at the movie with no problem and the arm rest down. Woo hoo!

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2007 2:11:22 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 6/30/2007 1:33:23 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 6/30/2007 1:22:50 PM
Author: KimberlyH
John tried to convince me that I want to see Die Harder or 1408 last night, I told him he was barking up the wrong tree! He needs to call a pal for that.
HI kim:

Does John want to go with us? We plan on Die Hard tonight.......
2.gif
9.gif

Lovely and warm for a nice long walk this am. Met lots of critters along the way...

THought I might check out my jeweller today as his summer clearance is on, but I think I''ll read outside instead. Much cheaper
1.gif
and more edifying.

cheers--Sharon
I won''t even offer as he''ll be on the next plane to Canada if I do! He''d take that any day over a family BBQ with a bunch of people he doesn''t know (my parents and sister won''t be there so he''ll be a bit lost). My Irish-Catholic family -- who believed birth control was evil for many many years -- overwhelms the only child who''s the last of his line.
HI:

KIm--I hope your evening was nice--and that John enjoyed himself. We really enjoyed Die Hard!!! Lots-o-action.
DeeJay--I didn''t get to my jeweller yesterday--but before he closes for summer holidays, I''ll get there!!! I am dumb to even look forward to it, but I do, so there it is! OH, and I''d avoid talker guy next time you see him. Have some IPod earphones in or something ike that.
Marcy--how was your movie? I was very full from dinner out, but I managed to cram some little popcorn in my mouth, as is hard to resist.

My DH is golfing already, so I might get my runners on and do my walking circut. The weather looks quite fine. Margarita weather to be exact
3.gif

cheeers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

Just back from 65 mins on the elliptical (733 cals), and thankfully no weird people today.

I just had two chicken sausages and a scrambled egg. I will probably have a peanut butter sandwich for lunch because it's easy to eat in the car on the way to my open house, and I asked the HH for a taco fiesta for dinner. We haven't had that in so long!

Rod, yes, I will avoid that creep like the plague. I actually think I saw him from behind walking out the back gate of our complex this morning as I was going over to the gym. I wasn't 100% sure it was him, but I lurked under the trees by the fountain until whoever it was was long gone just to be safe.

Monnie, these blister things are miraculous! I had forgotten all about them but I'm glad I remembered last night becuase they make all the difference in the world. Not a bit of discomfort at all during my whole workout!

Marcy, have fun shopping today! Hope you come home with a bunch of great new finds!

ETA: Sharon, we must have been typing at the same time--great minds thing alike. Dinner at 7:00ish; feel free to stop by with the margs!
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I don''t mind talking shop. She''s a brilliant woman doing twice the work she should be (including that of her supervisor) and was passed over for a promotion for the second time. She needed to bend someone''s ear. Hope you enjoyed your movie!

Sharon, the BBQ was really nice. John survived!

I am counting last night as a splurge, but I wasn''t terrible! I had a few glasses of wine, tortilla chips and salsa, a build-your-own burrito (they had food brought in from a Tex/Mex place and heated it up on the BBQ, a smart move on their part!), and a small scoop of beans. I did eat 2.5 cookies that was my big splurge! A friend of my cousins'' makes cookies that are so addictive you''d swear they''re laced with crack. So yummy! She''s made something like 64,000 of them. I have no idea why she kept track!

Today is a workout day and then our usual house hunting. We''re getting closer to listing ours (we have a few weeks worth of work to do on the yard and such before we list).

We''ll BBQ tonght and just relax a bit.

Have a wonderful Sunday all.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good day so far!!!

I'm starting the scale boycott today #1 because it's ticking me off, and #2 I was soooooo bad last night!!!

My FI and a bunch of friends went out to a karaoke bar, lets just say that I need some liquid courage to do karaoke and THEN on top of it he and his friends decided to order these things called "pokey stix" which are essentially a pizza covered in cheese and garlic then you dip them in garlic butter sauce. Since my critical thinking skills weren't great at this time I think I consumed 4-5. Yuck. At least we walked to the karaoke place and back which is a mile each way right?

Despite the fact that the entire crowd we were with are professionals in their late 20's/early 30's the whole night seemed a little too collegey for me. Don't think we'll be doing that again anytime soon...

Today I'm back on track, not like it's going to make a difference anyway!
38.gif

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

yesterday was a lot of fun, we had trail mix and chips in the afternoon while catching up with my cousin and his wife...and then went out for dinner, funny thing is that we weren't even really hungry, but it didn't matter..this place has the yummiest food. it's family sharing style so i ended up not eating a lot of volume which was good, but the food itself was divine. i had two frou frou mixed lemongrass punch type drinks, and we all shared a ginger ahi tuna tower, frites with cilantro lime aioli, mussels, garlic noodles, a FABULOUS fuji apple and prawn salad (the apple was 'coleslaw' cut with carrots but the dressing was a super light lime vinaigrette sooo yummy), coconut rice, jasmine rice, steamed seabass, shrimp wontons, roti prata and probably something else i am forgetting. then we went from there to this happening outside bar and chilled out with raspberry mojitos near heat lamps on this big outdoor patio. then we came back, the boys watched some racing and we all went to bed.

this morning for breakfast i made a big one...cinnamon raisin toast, 10 grain silver dollar pancakes, scrambled eggs (and egg whites for me and my cousin's wife), center cut bacon, and coffee. verra tasty. i had some egg whites, a piece of bacon, 2 pancakes, and coffee...BUT the cinnamon raisin toast is my fave and we hardly have it, so i had 3 pieces of that hahaa. my cousin and his wife are taking off soon, then greg and i are going to wash the cars, i plan to get in a 4m walk around the neighborhoods today, and then tonite we have dinner in santa cruz on the wharf with our neighbors. she only has another month or so before she pops so she is all about going out to eat at any opportunity now hehee...before they are entirely home bound with child. i told her not to worry, i would still bring her take out from her fave places.

anyhow...hope everyone is having a fabulous sunday with good food and company....enjoy!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning or Afternoon!

I got up at 6am and went walking 4.5 miles. I was starving so I had McD''s pancakes. I know that is naughty. I plan to do better for lunch and dinner. I have black bean soup ready for dinner.

DeeJay, Rod, Mara and Kimberly sounds like you had a good dinner.

I have a blister too so Mrs Salvo I didn''t break in the boots. I need to go look for the blister band aides.

Monarch, vacuuming is hard work! I am so jealous of your 78 degree weather; we are having 98 degree weather.
3.gif

We actually went to see Fantastic Four at the Theater and it was meh. I do like the sun out though so I will take summer over winter any day
1.gif

Rod, I had sushi yesterday to satisfy my craving. hehehe
31.gif
31.gif
Where is the tree pic?
2.gif

Marcy, yah for being able to put the arm rest down. You have done so well since Sept; you should be so proud and you are! That is awesome
9.gif

Gypsy can you get fi to go walking? A buddy helps. Sounds like you are doing well eating wise! Great job!

Mara, you breakfast sounds yummy; I should have had that instead.
Kimberly have fun house hunting!!
DeeJay, good job hiding from creepy guy!

Have a great day all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

Look for Second Skin, I think that''s what it''s called) it''s a gel material that you put on the blister and then a bandaid over it. It was a lifesaver when I walked the 3Day...it was so popular the medics ran out of it; lucky me my teammates had stocked up.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi all! i think i mentioned last week that i was going to try to do some longer, low intensity exercise sessions to try to jumpstart my body a little. so i did a 6+ mile hike this afternoon. it was only supposed to be 5, but i got a little lost at one point, went the wrong way, and then had to backtrack. the only bad news is that it was soooo buggy and i am now covered with mosquito bites. i am already feeling a little sore, which is a good thing - working new muscles!

i didn''t get a chance to do my test bike ride this weekend, but i''m planning to ride my bike to work tomorrow anyway.

hope everyone had a lovely and healthy weekend!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday Everyone!

How creepy that you thought you saw weird guy where you live DeeJay. You need to be careful of this guy for sure. Sounds like quite a nice run on the elliptical for you today!!

Glad you had a geat visit with your cousins and your dinner and breakfast sounded yummy as does everying you guys eat!

Sorry that you have a blister Skippy (you too DeeJay), but second skin is the best. But, the first time I used it, I found it a bit odd looking and disconcerting to have fluid build up in there, but it certainly did work well.

We had a nice lounge around morning and our usual scone and bowl of fresh fruit on the terrace. It was pretty warm this morning with little breeze, but we pay a fortune to be able to sit out on the terrace overlooking the bay so we were there heat or no heat!! LOL

Lunch was (surprise) Panera, then we did a few errands, had coffee at Starbucks, then hit the gym for a good 2.5 hour workout. We are trying to mix it up a bit more, so I'm a little sore, which I think is a good thing.

We cooked a really nice dinner of fresh Atlantic Salmon (baked) with fresh silver queen corn and steamed carrots. We also had a piece of baguette left over from lunch we cut in two pieces and had toasted with a butter substitute (healthy something, but it tastes just like butter and has omega fatty acids too). We couldn't decide whether we wanted coffee of frozen yogurt after dinner. But we chose frozen yogurt as we could walk there. Then we heard lightning and thunder and decided even though it's around the corner, we didn't want to get struck by lightning, so we drove. Turns out the storm went away from us and we could have walked. Oh well, we get a lot of exercise at the gym.

Tomorrow's Monday, which means day off from the gym and Sushi at our second favoritie Sushi spot. We're meeting a friend there tomorrow, which should be fun.

That's about all we did today. Hope you all had very nice Sunday's indeed!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif

I did good on food today except the ice cream cone we had shopping. For bf I had some grapefruit and one whole wheat pancake with about 1 1/2 tsp syrup, for lunch I had a burger (skipped the bun) and some mashed potatoes, for supper we had a mini frozen pizza but the 104 degree heat drove up to order a double scoop ice cream cone. I didn''t get to far into my second scope before I''d had enough and through the rest of the cone away. Walking around in that heat should have burned off the ice cream. I hope so anyway. Or else my new tops won''t fit me tomorrow. Ha Ha.
Sharon, the movie was great! We laughed quite a bit and thought it was done quite well. I want to see Die Hard to so thanks for the review.
DeeJay, I am glad you were able to hide from the possible creepy guy. We had a great time shopping and I found some great bargains. I got 5 knit shirts at Macy''s for $21, a new purse at Macy''s 40% off, I got an eyelet blouse for $10 (80% off), an IZOD sweater knocked down 70% then I had a $5 coupon for that store so it was $10. The sweater is for next fall but it was such a great price I hated to pass it up. We also went to my husband''s favorite jewelry store at the mall so he could drool over watches. I saw a real unique garnet ring but couldn''t find anyone to let me try it on. On our way home we went back and I tried on the ring and yes, I bought it. It''s really different. It''s a bezel set heart, in matte finished white gold and has 2 gypsy set diamond accents embedded in the band. I needed a new ring like I needed a hole in the head. Of course this means I''ll have to look for new earrings and a bracelet to match. The best part was my DH stayed in the car because it was 104 degrees and he wanted to leave the car running to cool it off. I wanted to go out and show it to him before I bought it so the sales lady said she''d come out with me. The manager and policeman followed us out as well. I am sure my husband will enjoy telling everyone all week I was escorted out of the jewelry store by a policeman.
1.gif

Kimberly, sorry to hear your friend has been passed over for a much deserved promotion. That is too bad. I just hate talking work when it''s someone that wants to complain about pretty much everything.
Neatfreak, I would have to have quite a few adult beverages to sing karoke. I bet you had fun though.
Mara, your cinammon toast sounds marvelous. I won''t toast it though I hate having to clean up my toaster from it but microwaving it works great. Sounds like you had a great weekend.
SkippyGirl, your early morning walks sounds wonderful. I hope your blister gets better. Thank you for the encouragement on how far I''ve come since last fall.
Shortblonde, your hike sounds wonderful except for those pesky mosquito bites. I hope they don''t make you itch.
Rod, looking out and enjoying the sights over the bay sound wonderful. I saw a lot of dry, dusty prairie land on out shopping trip today. Not just the same, huh?
Well, have a great evening
36.gif
, tomorrow is Monday. Rats.
Marcy

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, here I am ensconced on an aerobed in my sister's basement awaiting the birth of her second child (scheduled to be induced Tuesday). There's hardly any cell phone reception here, so my husband has to call the landline if he wants to reach me . . . I feel a bit like I'm in high school again.

They're stocked up on fruits and vegetables and I brought a few things along. Dinner tonight was hamburgers or hotdogs, so that was a tough choice. In the end I went with the hamburger, had maybe 2/3 of it and had second helpings of corn and beans.

Am just back from a trip to the beach with my parents and husband. We had two extravagant dinners out, but I exercised both days this weekend and tried to make smart choices. My parents were complimentary of my weight loss (had sounded concerned over the phone . . . I don't think anyone realized I had 15 pounds to lose) and agreed that I look fit but in no way emaciated or too thin. But then my mother said that maybe I should stop being so gung-ho now that I've hit a good weight, and my father said, But dear, most people gain it back, she should be careful not to do that. Sometimes my mother surprises me with what she doesn't know. When she was diagnosed with emphysema, I was somehow the person who broke it to her that it's degenerative. And just recently I told her how veal is made. When I reapplied sunblock yesterday, she asked me if you were supposed to do that like she'd never heard of it before. I guess this is the difference between a Wikipedia/Discovery channel generation and a books/crossword puzzles generation. So I think my mom really just doesn't know that you need to exercise and watch what you eat to maintain weight, not just lose it.

This week should be interesting exercise-wise. There are trails to hike around here, so that will be fun. And my sister has one of The Firm series that I do, but now that the Aerobed is set up I'll have to rearrange furniture between each sequence. But since I have less control over eating I am definitely going to exercise whenever possible. At the beach I improvised with some weights we had lying around and a child's stool to do some additional exercise.

This weekend was just a teaser . . . DH and I are spending 10 days at the beach with friends and family at the end of the month. He asked me for a primer on healthy eating so he can lose some of his belly fat before then. Obviously he eats healthily while we're at home, but when we go out he doesn't always make the best choices. I recommended that he eat less red meat and cheese and drink less beer and wine.

I was pleased with our choices on both legs of the trip for lunch. In the past we would have gotten crappy fast food -- Arby's, Taco Bell, McDonald's, etc. -- but we stopped at Panera and Subway, so I know my lunches were about 500 calories and not a gazillion and had no trans fat.

Totally random, but I saw mention of spa/nail treatments earlier in the thread. My sister and I got a pedicure so she can admire her toes while in labor, and now I am realizing that I should treat myself occasionally. I decided to look for resorts with spas that DH and I could drive to easily for a weekend escape. Then I remembered that we are going to the Sundance resort in Utah this fall as a work reward for DH, so I'm assuming that our costs will be food (and spa) at most, but I'm pretty sure food's included within reason, or at least they'll have some planned meals that they'll treat us to. Tomorrow I'm calling to book a normal massage and a reflexology massage and a manicure and a pedicure. And I found a place at the beach that will do a one hour massage, facial, manicure, and pedicure for $165 (seems cheap, no? I'm a little skeptical, but if it stinks I won't feel like too much money was wasted -- maybe the catch is that it's not a one hour massage but one hour of running from treatment to treatment).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Evening All.

Our day ended up lasting longer than we planned (we found tons of interesting houses that fit the bill for us, great news!) They just have to stay on the market for a while, which doesn''t seem like much of an issue in the current real estate climate). So we we ended up going out to dinner, which feels very strange (three splurge nights in a row, oh my!) but I need to roll with the punches sometimes. So we went to this great little OLD Italian place in little italy and I had a salad, lasagna for dinner and an amaretto ice cream truffle for dessert, which was the perfect serving size and so delicious. ANd now it''s back to normal! As regimented as I am about food (except when we travel) this should be no big deal, it just feels strange.

I did get in a decent workout this afternoon. I am working on not being obsessed with how much time I spend and calories I burn and just being okay with getting my body moving so I haven''t been paying much attention to those things...it seems to be working, and I''m sure I''ll have to revert back to some degree at some point, but it was so awful to be all or nothing about exercise and I needed to move away from that mentality.

marcy, I know what you mean, but she''s not like that. She''s a brilliant, hard working lady who''s a bit too direct andi t affects her marketability.

Phoenix, I stayed at my parents a few weeks ago and felt like a teenager again, I rather enjoyed it. Hope the delivery goes well. How fun that you get to be there.

Have a great night all!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As usual I bet I''m the last one posting on a Sunday night! Ah well, mainly I''m posting just to keep myself accountable so if no one reads this I''m no worse for the wear.

I had an exceptionally good day today, mind, body, and spirit. This morning I got up early and finished some cleaning tasks I didn''t get around to doing yesterday, then I made myself a little breakfast of fruit and soy yogurt, and then I spent a couple hours outside with the dogs while i read a book and they played and napped, it was SO nice. Not a cloud in the sky all day, I could get used to this! And I didn''t see a single cicada, I was so pleased about that. It was just a nice peaceful easy day and so relaxing to spend some time alone and not worry about anything!

DH got home at a little before 7 tonight and was pretty worn out from his "relaxing" weekend of fishing and golfing with his guy friends. I made us both big salads with sweet butter lettuces and organic red and yellow peppers and black olives from TJ''s, and I threw in some canteloupe for good measure. It turned out to be a really fresh tasting salad, the sweetness of the fruit was a great combo with the peppers, so yummy. We both splurged and had french vinaigrette dressing (Brianna''s) that has a ton of fat in it but tastes so fabulous. DH also had a couple slices of a supreme frozen pizza and he''ll take the leftovers to work tomorrow for lunch. I made him his fave brownies tonight but he was so tired he ended up going to bed about an hour ago...I got in so much relaxing time today that I don''t feel tired yet!

Tomorrow I''m going out to see a friend and her 2.5 yr. old daughter who don''t live too far from us, we will go swimming in her MIL''s pool and hang out all afternoon, should be fun, I haven''t seen them really since last summer. Then tomorrow night DH and I will probably get a nice walk with the dogs in and hopefully eat something healthy and lo-cal. See you all in the new week!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hee hee monnie, no it's me posting now at 10:29 on a sunday, PST is always the last to post!! your salads sound yummy!

we washed the mini today, it was really filthy so it felt good to give it a good scrubdown! i also conditioned the leather seats and cleaned/conditioned the textured vinyl inside so it looks really awesome now, better than even when we picked it up. we also went for about 3.5-4m walk this afternoon with portia...it was a really lovely day temperature wise so that was nice.

after the big breakfast we had, i didn't eat til about 4pm when we had a small snack of canteloupe, a few bits of TJ's just caesar chicken, and a bit of cherry bran muffin. we were going to dinner early at 5:30pm so i didn't want to eat much at all. so by 6pm when we got to dinner in santa cruz with our neighbors, i was starving! we walked about 1/2m from the car to the restaurant at the end of the wharf. got a fried appetizer sampler to start but with splitting it between us 4 we each just had a few pieces of bad-for-us stuff so it wasn't bad at all. i had 3/4 of a roll with butter, and a small dinner salad with blue cheese dressing on the side. i ate 3/4 of the salad and about a tsp of dressing. then we had cold cracked crab which was divine...ate all my crab and 1/4 of greg's too.
2.gif
then we walked back down the wharf, stopped at this cute all-dessert (ice cream, fudge, homemade candies, caramel apples etc) place and got a fresh caramel peanut apple and brought it home with us. the funny thing is that by the time we got back home i was hungry again. i guess the crab just isn't that filling. now before bed we folded a bunch of laundry (and i re-organized my closet!) and split the apple...yummy! anytime i can get some 'good for you' stuff (apple) with desserty items (caramel and peanuts) it works for me hehee. now it's almost bedtime...we are so jazzed 4th of july breaks up the work week, gives us something to look fwd to in just 2 days!

hope everyone had a fabulous fun weekend....!! back to the grind tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results