shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 25th June till 1st July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

First I would like to say welcome back Jeff, we missed you and welcome to Haven our new WWTer!

I am finding it easier these days to break my old negative thought processes regarding food and health maintenance. We had a lot of food this weekend, went out for dinner which was good and I finished with a huge piece of CARROT CAKE which was deelish
31.gif
, then Taco Bell for lunch the next day and a chocolate muffin and cookies
28.gif
I felt the old familiar feelings of horror and guilt creeping up on me after I had finished eating, but instead of despairing and finishing off with a whole bag of cookies which I would have done in the past, I resolved to have a healthy dinner and an hour workout later, which I did. I was soon back on track not only with my eating, but mentally which is so important. Now I have worked to get out of the '' diet'' mentality and onto lifetime healthy lifestyle thinking, a bit extra on the odd weekend doesn''t make a lot of difference in the scheme of things. I will eat more carefully for the next 2 days also to make up for it, in this way I keep a sense of balance and feelings of deprivation to a minimum. So if you do overindulge, don''t beat yourselves up, just workout a little harder and cut back slightly for a couple of days afterwards so you CAN have your cake and eat it occasionally!

Have a great week
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to mention, prior to eating out, we watched an amateur body building contest!! We were sitting there criticising the contestants " his symmetry sucks, oh he lacks mass, definition etc" like we were world authorities on the sport
20.gif
, but it was a good experience and some of the contestants had obviously worked really hard
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
They have more guts than us anyway for getting up there and wearing next to nothing and doing ' most muscular' poses!
9.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning all! Well, I haven''t checked in since Friday, but I caught up on last week''s thread.

Friday, I went to the gym after work with the intention of running 4 miles. I got to 4, and I wanted to keep going, so I went 5 miles!! I had another personal best of 61:36!!!!! In my first five mile race, my goal was under 70 minutes and I made it just by the skin of my teeth. I then set a goal to cut one minute off each mile, so my new goal would be 65 minutes. Now that I am progressing further than I thought, I have changed my goal to be under 1 hour. The race is 7/14, so I am going to have to work extra hard the next two weeks, but I think I can really do it. I plan to run 5 miles again this Friday and I can''t wait to see if I am able to maintain my speed!!

This weekend was a lot of fun. Friday night I went to a jewelry party with my friend - I am happy to report that I was able to resist most of the goodies that were out and did not over eat! We met up with our guys later, and we did indulge in some drinks, but not too many! Saturday, we drove out to New Hope, PA and walked around the town for a bit. It was such a beautiful day, and they have all these cute little shops and stores. I was dying for an ice cream cone, but didn''t get one. We were on our way to dinner, and it really would have spoiled it. We drove over to the restaurant we were going to and we passed a winery on our way. I made my fi turn around and we stopped in for a quick tasting! It was random, but really fun!

Yesterday, I wanted to get a workout in since I missed one day last week that I had planned. Instead though, I FINALLY finished painting our bedroom (I only started 6 months ago!). Of course I ran out of paint, and the only store that has Benjamin Moore paint that is open on a Sunday is like 10 miles away, so I had to run out to the store. The short story is that I did not finish painting until much later. Then I had to go to the grocery store because I had promised to make cupcakes for the birthday we are celebrating!

I generally do not work out on Mondays (the gym is too crowded for my taste), but I am thinking I will do something today. Maybe a nice walk in the evening, or some at home weights. Fi & I have already planned to make stir-fry tonight, so that will be light and healthy!

Have a great week all!

P.S. Mara - I know what you mean about finding a couple to hang out with. My fi & I hang out with our two best friends without fail every weekend. They live almost an hour away from us, but it doesn''t matter! The weekends we don''t hang out we always talk about how it''s not as fun! They talk a lot about moving away from NJ - we would just be so sad if they did that!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good morning! Happy Monday.

35.gif

Lorelei, thank you for the words of wisdom and encouragement this morning. I also find that you have to sometimes have your cake or you’ll do something later like eat a whole bag of cookies. Too funny about you guys being critics of body builders.

I didn’t have any problems staying on track loosing my first 100 pounds, now I’m kind of freaking out how much I’ve lost. The whole process was done in baby steps but now that the outcome is so dramatic it’s really setting in what a life style change I’ve made. A friend at work told me I was no longer a “big” person. Yes, I’m still overweight and have a ways to go but 60 to 70 pounds seems like a drop in the bucket after losing 105 pounds.

Danielle, good luck on your running goal. How long of a race are you running?

We didn’t go for a walk yesterday because my husband was busy packing. While he was packing I went and walked around several stores to get in some exercise. I bought my first XL top in over 10 years and it fits! Woo hoo!

I went to get some nail polish at a beauty supply and the girl told me I didn’t look a thing like the picture on my driver’s license. Naturally, I said thank you and told her I’ve lost 105 pounds.

We had a light supper; I tricked my husband in to eating fruit. We had cottage cheese, fresh fruit and a grilled cheese sandwich. My sandwich was on low cal sour dough with very thin cheese and a light coating of butter. I also cut about 1/3 of my sandwich off and threw it away.

Since I didn’t get to go for my walk in the park I worked in the yard. I cut off all the dead flowers in my pots and swept the cotton pods that were all over our drive way. Now, I don’t really know that they call them cotton pods; they look like long, thin pine cones and fell off our cottonwood trees. Anyway, they were all over our driveway so I swept them up.

Rod, I will just have to try a cherry scone some day. They sound good.

Dee and Skippy, it sounds like you at least had a great evening on Saturday. The big difference for me now is that I go right back on my diet starting with the next meal. Even if I overeat now it’s no more than 400 to 600 calories extra for the day and that is pretty rare. I get a stomach ache if I overeat anymore. That’s probably a good thing.

Gail, congratulations at reaching at an all time low of 21.5 pounds. That is great. I had to have some cheesecake this weekend too. It was really good.

This should be a good diet week for me since my husband is out of town till Friday. I won’t cook as many things so I can have more controlled food choices.

Have a great day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

Last night after dinner I decided that NOTHING was going to stop me from having a scoop of Ben and Jerry's chocolate peanut butter ice cream. The closest B&J to us is on Navy Pier, which is this big touristy area on the lake. We walked over (1.9 miles) at a pretty fast pace; less than 30 minutes even with the few lights we hit, ate our icecream and strolled along the pier (over 1 mile) and then hoofed it back (alther 1.9 miles, even faster this time becuase the streets had cleared a lot). So, I think it was a zero sum game. About 330 cals for the ice cream, about 330 cals burned on the walk.

Lorelei, I used to work at a major financial institution with a woman who woke up one day and said, OK, I'm going to make some changes and start working out. Not only did she start working out, she got heavily into body building! She's won a lot of competitions and gotten to travel all over the world. Here's a link with her story. Take a look especially at the photo gallery--amazing! link

Danielle, good for you on the great run! Doesn't it feel wonderful when you push yourself a little harder and achieve a new goal? And congrats on finishing the bedroom painting too. Some day over a few drinks my husband can tell you about the seven different shades of cream I made him paint the living room before I finally committed to one...
20.gif

Marcy, oh yes, I had a stomach ache! But you're right; I got back on the wagon on Sunday and was really good all day (except for the scoop of ice cream, but hey, you gotta live *a little* right?
2.gif
)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee - holy moly, your colleague has built some serious muscle! She must be really commited to get into that kind of shape and with the dieting that entails too! Struth!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2007 9:42:37 AM
Author: Lorelei
Dee - holy moly, your colleague has built some serious muscle! She must be really commited to get into that kind of shape and with the dieting that entails too! Struth!

She would go to the gym EVERY DAY for hours, and twice a day when she was nearing a competition. Her eating habits were grim; PURE PROTEIN for weeks before an event. I guess she was right on the border of a weight class so she had to keep her weight down as much as possible. After a competition though she would cut loose! I remember after the one she won where she went to Greece she came back and literally put on 10 pounds in a week because she was eating anything and everything she felt like having. It was crazy!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2007 9:45:47 AM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 6/25/2007 9:42:37 AM
Author: Lorelei

She would go to the gym EVERY DAY for hours, and twice a day when she was nearing a competition. Her eating habits were grim; PURE PROTEIN for weeks before an event. I guess she was right on the border of a weight class so she had to keep her weight down as much as possible. After a competition though she would cut loose! I remember after the one she won where she went to Greece she came back and literally put on 10 pounds in a week because she was eating anything and everything she felt like having. It was crazy!
I have read about the stuff they have to do pre contest with all the gallons of water, protein and whey shakes, egg whites and chicken breasts, it must be so hard to be that restrictive with food...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning All
35.gif

I think I ate too much at the barbecue. I have been a naughty yo yoer lately
20.gif

Yum Carrot cake Lorelei
2.gif

Danielle, great job going 5 mi!
Marcy, awesome for going to the next smaller size!!!
Great job walking almost 4 miles to Ben and Jerry''s. . . you earned it
1.gif

I too have a coworker that is a muscle builder; it was funny I was working w/her and she was complaining about being overweight and a few months later she told me she was body building. She showed me her stomach and it was a six pack and her arms were big from lifting. I was in shock! I also think she had genes for it because it happened so fast!!!

Mara, how are the bikes???

Tonight is step!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all.

dee your friend is amazing. I would never have the dedication to do something like that and the walk to ben and jerry's along with the icecream sounds fun.

Danielle, congrats on the 5 miles..that's great!1

marcy- your a true inspriation and what you are doing is working. keep at it girl!!

skippy, you weren't the only one to endulge this weekend, we did too but we're back on track today. have fun at step tonight..

lorelei, great starting post as usual. your words are wise and what I'm trying to accept too. I'll get on a kick for a while and be all or nothing, so I'd be really strict all the time or not at all. balance is key and the mental aspect is so important. yay for carrot cake!!

so the trail with the locked gate is finally open. Zoe and I walked it this morning. My guess it's about 3 miles but I want to find out for sure. It's a great walk but not as great as the magic mountain with all the hills and stairs. But it's close to my house and something different to mix in so I don't mind doing it a couple times a week and it really is a pretty walk.

Looking forward to a great summer week and hope you all are too...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s about time I join in here if you all don''t mind!!!

So my wedding is officially less than 4 months away, and I really want to tone up a bit and possibly drop a few pounds. While I''m fairly satisfied with where I am now, I gain easily so I really need to watch everything I do. And on my 5''3" petite frame it shows easily too!

I take long walks with the pup, do some weight lifting at the gym, and do a bit of elliptical. But I need to get out of that rut.

Been frustrated the past few weeks because the scale has actually gone up 1.5 lbs, although my clothes are fitting better. So while in my head I know it''s because I''m probably gaining muscle, it''s hard to get over the "scale" issues ya know?

Anyway, thought it was my time to come out of lurkdom on this thread! I love reading everyone else''s achievements so I thought it might encourage me to stay on track before the wedding.

So thanks for letting me join you guys!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY - welcome to the thread NeatFreak!!
35.gif
Maybe try the treadmill as an alternative to the elliptical to mix things up a bit? I hear you with the scale issues, but the clothes fitting better is a great achievement and very significant, well done!!

MrsSalvo, thanks for your kind words, it took me a long time to get to where I am now for a more balanced mindset, but worth the work and I am so glad if I can help others do the same.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Neatfreak!!!!
35.gif

MRSS, what kind of shoes do you wear for hiking???? I probably will go to REI to look for hiking shoes since I enjoyed it!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 11:26:14 AM
Author: Skippy123
Welcome Neatfreak!!!!
35.gif

MRSS, what kind of shoes do you wear for hiking???? I probably will go to REI to look for hiking shoes since I enjoyed it!

I''m not MRSS, but I really like Merrell hiking shoes. But if you ask a salesperson at REI for help, I am sure that they can steer you towards the best brand for you!

Thanks for the warm welcome Skippy and Lorelei!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome neatfreak
35.gif

skippy- right now I just wear my regular running shoes but I'm in desparate need of new ones along with a good pair of hiking shoes. I'll be following your thread in hangout and curious to see what you end up with and how you like them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! happy monday (kind of lol)...! hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.

yesterday i met some friends at the mall and had lunch, a turkey, pear and cambozola sandwich on croissant along with an arugula salad and a few too many pieces of raisin bread hehehe but oh man it was fresh out of the oven and so tasty. then walked around and did some shopping for a few hours. hit the gym on the way back home with my sister for 400 cals burned. then went grocery shopping, then back home...we caught the train over to a nearby town and had chinese for dinner with my sister (who is staying with us til tues) and then walked around for a bit, caught the train back home and then walked over to this nearby little store that carries it''s it''s and got one for each of us (mint!) for dessert, mmm. ate them outside on the patio wrapped in blankets with greg as he enjoyed an espresso and cigar. lovely day overall. way too much eating this wkd!!!

so i decided i need to reign it in a little this week. doesn''t mean i am going to be living on bread and water, but we have a full weekend with more eating ahead of us and i just would like to stay on track during the week and really show some self-control. my smallest pants are definitely feeling a little tight. i know i have the self-control, it''s just showing it, lol!! what fun is that? i have upped workouts too, from like 2200 cals the last 2-3 weeks to burning more like 2700 this last week..and plan to do about the same this week. i think as long as we have these action and food packed weekends i need to keep my cals burned a little higher. with the hikes that is easier actually which is great. funny because my butt has definitely perked up a bit in the last few weeks (i think that is also where i am getting some of the extra hippage measurements as it went from being strangely flat to suddenly perky again) and greg was telling me that even though i am more curvy suddenly, he thinks i look better this way. just goes to show that the men in our lives, while they adore us regardless, still like a little something to hang onto lol!! he is much happier that i gained a few lbs back. men!

breakfast this morning was all bran, fage, berries, coffee. snack is going to be one of the pecan banana bran muffins with honey. lunch will be something from the freezer here at work, i have a few various meals. brought canteloupe for a snack as well...but i also might walk over to whole foods and get some more black bean and corn burgers and some fresh fruit for work too. anyhow hope everyone is having a great day!!

skippy, the bikes have unfortunately languished unridden as we have just been so busy lately! we are hoping to get back on them soon. welcome neatfreak! DJ i agree the ice cream was a wash for sure hehee. i love doing stuff like that though, walking somewhere to get a treat then walking back and realizing you basically broke even. not bad. oh and rod, i am all for a little routine here and there, don''t want to give the impression we never love doing ''familiar'' things...hehee.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and skippy...i just use my walking/running shoes for hiking, i have not yet had a problem with traction or anything, and i have been climbing a fair amount of inclines and coming down on declines etc. my shoes have a lot of traction it seems...they are getting pretty dirty but i was about to get some new ones so i might just keep these for hiking and use the other ones for gym/street walking. i am not the biggest fan of hiking shoes necessarily because i hate having so many diff types of shoes, so i love that my regular workout shoes are doing great double duty, less hassle!!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
welcome to neatfreak and haven!

i definitely overate (and overdrank) this weekend as well...seems like there''s something about the summer parties that does it to us, huh? but i''m pleased to report that i did a bit better than mara with the dessert detox, hehe. i had a single bite of creme brulee friday night, a single bite of apple pie saturday night, and NO brownies at the BBQ yesterday, even though there were three different kinds. yay.

back on the wagon today - eating light and exercising. have a good one!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Welcome NF!

Well, it was totally pants (
2.gif
Lorilei) out there, so like a good Canadian I donned my layers. But by the time I had reached the wetlands by my place, I had worked up a sweat and peeled them off. Oh the hills I climbed!!! Took a detour back thru the market (no, I didn''t buy any fresh baking...), and past our golf course (no, I didn''t stop in for eggs benne...), which was one huge incline and my legs were burning. Back at home with a coffee and scone (I baked yesterday, they are quite hearty) , and will wait for a good lunch for when my son is home from exams since I do not feel very hungry right now.

DeeJAy: your former colleague worked very hard at her physique! Wow! Altho not to the same extent, my DH always says he sees the same "core" exercisers at the club when he goes at 0600 in the am....I used to see them too when I went on a regular basis.

cheers--Sharon

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I have been horrible about posting!!! But I''m still doing great on the fitness front!

My trainer says I''m his new business card! hehe. I dropped a couple more inches, so I''m pretty excited!. I''m about to order the wedding dress and will go for the smaller size to keep me motivated (it''s0.5 inches too small right now in the hip area, but I know I can lose that!)
2.gif

I don''t know if all this working out is taking a toll on me though...I am EXHAUSTED!!. We went to a baptism on Saturday and FI said I was out of it in the afternoon...I just felt SO sleepy!!!!!!. Today I''m also extremely sleepy. I''ve been taking vitamins everyday and I''m definitely eating well. Maybe I just having been resting well at nights?...
14.gif

This Wednesday we leave for New Hampshire and Cape Cod. We will be doing lots of hiking in New Hampshire so I''m pretty excited!!!!!
36.gif
. I see you guys got the hiking love bug!!! Me and FI LOVE hiking. The best trip we ever took was to Glacier National Park in Montana....it''s such an amazing place...I''ve never been on hikes like the ones there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Best trip ever, for sure. Wake up, have breakfast, pack lunch, go on a hike, have lunch at the top of the hike, come back down, go to the market, fix up dinner in the cabin and enjoy some wine and a beautiful scenery!!!!. We also did some camping/rafting...it was amazing!!!!. I definitely recommend it!!

Happy Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M~

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I overdid it with wine yesterday too. Blech.

DH and I went to 4 parties this weekend but managed to eat well (not so sure about drinking). But then last night a neighbor wanted to grill and doesn''t have one, so she and a friend brought over four steaks to grill at our place. I''ve been eating so little red meat that I''m not sure that big steak was such a great idea.

One of our parties was a graduation party for some of my students, and I brought fruit because I figured there''d be plenty of bad food. I was pleased to see that most of it was eaten, mainly by these two girls who said they were cleansing their bodies after days of eating nothing but junk. The girls and I resisted having any hotdogs or hamburgers.

I varied my summer workout routine a bit this morning. Usually I walk 5 miles or do a standard Firm video (weights and their tall step contraption), but today I did this bootcamp video that didn''t use the tall step and alternated "cardio" and "plyometrics" segments. I''m not sure that doing a video with "bootcamp" in the title was a good idea with a hang-over. I had to pause it a bunch, and one time I nearly fell asleep while taking a break. But I finished it. I always figure that''s what counts.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I thought since I can't work out tonight (have to do things with two clients) I would walk up to Tiffany's at lunch to get a gift for my Thursday closing. It's 1.2 miles each way, and on the way up I only had to stop for one single light (and even then not for long at all) but on the way back it was a tiny bit slower. I'm estimating I burned 150 cals on the low end (maybe even 200). But the *humidity*... OMG... Disgusting!

Skippy, that's interesting about your coworker maybe having good genes for the bodybuilding. And Debbie's progress was really rapid too.

Mrs. S., do you have one of those tiny pedometers that you clip to your belt? They're really small and cheap and then you can find out how long the trail really is.

Neatfreak, don't get me started on the whole scale thing! The important part, as you mentioned, is how your clothes are fitting and not any number that the evil scale is putting out.

Mara, it was a fun walk to Navy Pier and back. It's probably a good thing it is a bit of a hike though or I would be over there like every night! We used to live closer to a Ben & Jerry's and I found myself having a scoop pretty frequently.

Shortblonde, good for you for passing up the brownies (wish I could have exercised anywhere *near* that leve of self restraint this weekend, LOL).

Sharon, is it a cherry almond scone you're enjoying wiht your coffee or another flavor? I'm very intrigued by this whole scone thing. I wonder if I can get the HH to whip some up. In the summer they sometimes have apricot scones at Starbucks but I haven't seen any this year.

Mandarine, make certain you're taking in enough calories to support all the extra activity from the extra working out or you will feel totally worn out. And I'm sure that .5" on the hips will drop right off for you!

PG, I have this vision of you sitting on the couch in your workout gear dozing off while the bootcamp video is blaring in the background. Too funny!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t been posting here at all (I''m preggo w/twins so even though I''m eating sort of healthy, I''m not exactly counting calories! Au contraire, I''m supposed to eat an additional 600 cals/day!), but I must post this because these are THE best scones -- and they just happen to be cherry (dried) and almond! DeeJay, you MUST try them if these are the flavors you''re looking for. I borught them to work one day and literally almost every single person commented on them/asked me for the recipe! Best when fresh out of the oven ... oooohhh! I''ve never had the panera ones, so I have no idea if they''re similar or not, but even my non-scone-loving husband loves these!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_13789,00.html

OK, back to your healthier talk
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These sound marvelous--thank you!

What''s a "pastry blender" though?

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 2:25:48 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
These sound marvelous--thank you!

What''s a ''pastry blender'' though?
It''s a little kitchen gadget that''s got a handle on it and then a bunch of blades (not as dangerous as it sounds!). You can just use two butter knives instead to cut in the butter -- does the same thing!

112461.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hello! Just a quick check-in.
Marcy, your grilled cheese sandwich sounds yummy! Awesome compliment at the store!
Danielle, awesome about increasing your running and decreasing your time!! Thats a great feeling! I highly recommend entering a 5K, 8K or 10K race when you feel ready. It''s very motivating and you get a cute T shirt usually :)
So, I have eaten 400 cals today and burned 800. We are having dinner (business dinner meaning the apps and wine will be flowing) at a great restaurant tonight and I wanted to be able to enjoy everything, in moderation of course. I''m getting ready to have some salad right now so I wont be starving when I arrive. I did my own spin class for 40 min and then ran a 5K on treadmill (and hit a personal record!!)
I went shopping for workout clothes, didn''t get much but it was fun anyway. Also shopped for a bathing suit, depressing! The athletic style tank suits look good from the front but the back accentuates a problem I had previously not really noticed... back fat! Blah!! I''m glad I noticed before I bought it!! I wanted to find a cute tankini and then a functional lap swimming 1 piece. The search continues...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
walked over to whole foods at lunch time to get more black bean and corn gardenburgers, and more cucumber salad...some fresh fruit as well. so i did about a mile and a half total there..i'm not 'exercising' today but i plan to walk another mile tonite after dinner as well. i want to get back into adding my extra 1m walks here and there as i think that helps keep me maintaining as well.

elailla...is it really 600+ cals a day for pregnancies? my neighbor is preggo and she mentioned recently it was something like only an extra 300 cals or something to consume. maybe it's double for twins hehe. congrats by the way.

yay SB for sticking with the dessert detox, i am way off the wagon lol. i was like 'whose idea was this anyway'..hehe.

kudos sharon on getting out there in the pantsy weather...everyone else sounds like they are doing fab. yay mandarine for lost inches and DJ for a nice long walk at lunch.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone,

I am still getting used to this thread but I really love the supportive environment fostered here.

Thank you Lorelei for those encouraging words.

Okay well, last week I was easing into the diet. I watched what I ate and how many calories I consumed. Didn''t go to the gym though...so this weeks goal is to get back there which I am planning to do tonight after work.

This weekend was fabulous for me.

On monday we went shopping for some new clothes as Ann Taylor''s Factory store was having a serious sale. I''ve been watching What Not To Wear and realized (with John''s help) that a little pampering goes a long way in moral. So I bought clothes that fit me NOW at a severe discount so that I would feel good about the way I look-- especially at work , and get back into the habit of caring about my appearance (which I had TOTALLY let go). It was great this morning to not wake up stressed about how tight my clothes were and how awful I looked.

Then I went to the salon for a mani/pedi. After wearing acrylics for 1.5-2 years, then taking them off in February it SEEMS that my terrible nail biting habit has been broken. So I actually have evenly grown, short, filed nails with clear polish and it feels great to look down at my hands.

I also got my WHOLE face waxed. My eyebrows look fabulous for the first time in 9 months-- the girl at my salon is a gem!

When I looked in the mirror afterwards I realized that I was still pretty! (I''ve been feeling really ugly and hairy and fat). That night I was totally jazed up and felt great.

The next morning was our anniversary brunch at the Four Seasons so I was off the diet that morning. I got dressed in a new sundress and a new cardigan, did my hair all nice, put MAKEUP ON! (3 months since I''ve done that). We sat outside on the terrance next to the fountain. The food was orgasmically good. But I was actually surprised to see that I was making healthier choices despite my ''no dieting'' pass. I did indulge in a lovely hazelnut citrus creme brulee for dessert though. But I passed up the cheeses entrirely ate a lot of seafood and fish all of it healthily prepared. Only had half an eggs benidict (was amazing-- but it''s fatty and high in cholesterol). Then we walked around SF (I had flats in my purse which I switched into) for about an hour. We were stuffed though so I just has a light salad for dinner with some (brined in ginger and garlic) salad for dinner.

Today I started my day with steel cut oat meal (been doing this everyday at work), not they fast kind, but the super high in fiber kind our cafeteria makes everyday. With a little brown sugar for flavor (supplimented with splenda) and a HUGE gren tea. For lunch I went to Extreme pita and had their small grilled chicken pita. It''s got only about 260 calories and 2.5 grams of fat and I put the low fat (2 gram-- 15 calories) tzadziki sauce on it with a whole wheat pita, which totally filled me up.

I have a couple fo donut peaches for a snack.

And we''ll be doing grilled chicken and veggies for dinnner. But only AFTER I get on the tread mill and elliptical machine.

I haven''t checked my weight on the scale yet. In the past that hasn''t worked for me. I''m planning on checking it every month instead.

But I feel good and energized from such a positive weekend. Next week is my spa day then I have 5 days straigh off to relax and exercise... I''m planning on swiming and doing a lot of walking/ plus elliptical. I am hoping the days off will jumpstart me a little more regarding exercising. Cause I need that.

Beyond that... I''m dealing with stress a lot better, so I think that''s helping any food indiscretions. Plus Sunday will last me a LONG time as far as indulgence goes. John is being super supportive too so that helps.

Sorry so long, just had a lot to get out. For the first time I''m feeling optomistic about the doctor''s mandate of 50 pounds.

It''s definitely a lifestyle change... but so far paying attention to myself and reminding myself that I''m worthwhile and need pampering, and that pampering isn''t evil or a waste of time is good. Expecially when that pampering isn''t food related.

I''m thinking of the spa as a motivator. If I lose x weight I get a spa day... If I lose X day I get another. blah blah blah. Because it focuses on ME and my relaxation. And is all about looking good and feeling healthy and energized.

I''ve got my eye on a really nice spa package for the 50 pound mark. But little packages on the way too!-- 10 pounds maybe?

Is that a good idea?
33.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 4:12:02 PM
Author: Mara
walked over to whole foods at lunch time to get more black bean and corn gardenburgers, and more cucumber salad...some fresh fruit as well. so i did about a mile and a half total there..i''m not ''exercising'' today but i plan to walk another mile tonite after dinner as well. i want to get back into adding my extra 1m walks here and there as i think that helps keep me maintaining as well.

elailla...is it really 600+ cals a day for pregnancies? my neighbor is preggo and she mentioned recently it was something like only an extra 300 cals or something to consume. maybe it''s double for twins hehe. congrats by the way.

yay SB for sticking with the dessert detox, i am way off the wagon lol. i was like ''whose idea was this anyway''..hehe.

kudos sharon on getting out there in the pantsy weather...everyone else sounds like they are doing fab. yay mandarine for lost inches and DJ for a nice long walk at lunch.
I always feel so lazy when I read about your walks everywhere, Mara! But I just don''t seem to have the time -- or places to walk to -- that you do. I''m envious!

Yep, it really is 300 calories per baby, so I need an extra 600. It''s not very easy to eat an additional 600 healthy calories a day, lemme tell you. Thanks for the congrats too
21.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 4:31:58 PM
Author: Gypsy

It''s definitely a lifestyle change... but so far paying attention to myself and reminding myself that I''m worthwhile and need pampering, and that pampering isn''t evil or a waste of time is good. Expecially when that pampering isn''t food related.

I''m thinking of the spa as a motivator. If I lose x weight I get a spa day... If I lose X day I get another. blah blah blah. Because it focuses on ME and my relaxation. And is all about looking good and feeling healthy and energized.

I''ve got my eye on a really nice spa package for the 50 pound mark. But little packages on the way too!-- 10 pounds maybe?

Is that a good idea?
33.gif

Gypsy, Welcome and yes, do nice things for yourself as a reward!!! I makes the journey very rewarding. Great job and set little goals. I like the idea of a small spa package at 10 lbs. Good idea!
Glad you had a great anniversary!
35.gif

Mara and MRS S thanks for the shoe suggestions. I hiked in my running shoes and I was slipping so I do need hiking shoes. I plan on buying some this week and I will let you know how my hike this weekend goes.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results