shape
carat
color
clarity

The Zircon thread

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I love blue zircon! I bought this art deco era ring with a 10.5 mm old cut blue zircon. It has some abrasions and a girdle chip, but is such a beauty! I sent photos to Jerry Newman, he said he can repair it with minimal diameter loss. Can't wait!
20180909_173953.jpg

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@MissSarah gosh that’s brave! Now you have me wondering if I should heat mine lol! Mine is a huge yellowish Orange Portuguese cut- it was always a bit dark for me. I don’t want to totally wreck it though... did the colour just gradually fade as you were heating it?

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm going to set this pretty zircon in Yvonne's sunflower setting. I'm presently debating between her ruby melee and her emerald melee for the little petals :) I'll probably go with WG if I choose the rubies, but am undecided whether to go with WG or RG if I choose the emeralds. This is my birthday present to myself, lol! Please forgive my crappy photography skills. The stone is 7x5 and about 1.5 ct
IMG_20180912_122908005_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20180912_122937075_BURST001.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to set this pretty zircon in Yvonne's sunflower setting. I'm presently debating between her ruby melee and her emerald melee for the little petals :) I'll probably go with WG if I choose the rubies, but am undecided whether to go with WG or RG if I choose the emeralds. This is my birthday present to myself, lol! Please forgive my crappy photography skills. The stone is 7x5 and about 1.5 ct
IMG_20180912_122908005_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20180912_122937075_BURST001.jpg
What a gorgeous zircon :D! Did you see it on her store page or did you commission it from her?

I am someone who tries to wear all colors of the rainbow (except orange; still don't have a neon orange gem), and I suspect you already have way more emeralds from Yvonne than rubies. I think going with rubies is bold, whereas emerald is playing it safe. I vote you get whatever gold works with your other rings.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous zircon :D! Did you see it on her store page or did you commission it from her?

I am someone who tries to wear all colors of the rainbow (except orange; still don't have a neon orange gem), and I suspect you already have way more emeralds from Yvonne than rubies. I think going with rubies is bold, whereas emerald is playing it safe. I vote you get whatever gold works with your other rings.

Glad that you like the zircon, voce, it's a real sparkle bomb in person! I am commissioning the piece :)
I only have one emerald, but lots of other green stones, so yea, I may go with the rubies for the sake of diversity, lol! I have a pink spinel eternity ring and even a bit of red spinel in a couple of other rings, so I would have some other stuff to wear with this piece.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
344A7BC1-C67B-41A2-80BB-34D9EBF7A5E1.jpeg
I have a new-to-me blue zircon ring! Blue zircons truly look amazing with diamonds. This one was bought from TheRealReal, which has a surprisingly large and well-priced fine jewelry inventory.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Schmoley @peacechick that is a beauty!!!!! Wow!!!!!

Thanks, mellow! I’m obsessed with it. I wanted a more saturated blue green zircon to differentiate it from regular blue topaz, which I already own. So I was happy to find a tint of green in there, especially in warm light. It’s 4.42 cts for anyone who wants to know the size.

Here are a couple more photos!

2C536159-CF3D-473D-8BC1-FADD8BEFD812.jpeg
6A3063D6-36C4-471D-B23F-2D698E2B472A.jpeg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so large and gorgeous and luxurious looking!!! I took a peek at the website but didn't see anything as beautiful as your ring.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
It is so large and gorgeous and luxurious looking!!! I took a peek at the website but didn't see anything as beautiful as your ring.

There is a bigger zircon double halo ring on there with better quality SI diamonds but the zircon is not as well cut as mine. The color is also a little lighter. I think it's worth keeping an eye on this site because from my experience shopping there, they handle high volumes and are motivated to move the inventory. So there should be deals, especially with the lesser-known gems which they may undervalue. Caveat emptor of course.

Slightly off-topic, this was the convertible ring/pendant I was really loving but it's way out of my budget:
https://www.therealreal.com/product...urmaline-and-diamond-convertible-ring-pendant

voce

Ideal_Rock
There is a bigger zircon double halo ring on there with better quality SI diamonds but the zircon is not as well cut as mine. The color is also a little lighter. I think it's worth keeping an eye on this site because from my experience shopping there, they handle high volumes and are motivated to move the inventory. So there should be deals, especially with the lesser-known gems which they may undervalue. Caveat emptor of course.

Slightly off-topic, this was the convertible ring/pendant I was really loving but it's way out of my budget:
https://www.therealreal.com/product...urmaline-and-diamond-convertible-ring-pendant
That one is a gorgeous color, perhaps even a paraiba, but I don't like how even the diamonds are included.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@strawrose I'd love to see a profile of these earrings. I didn't know JuliaB does earrings!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, it's at DK being set , I'll post pics when I get it back! I Love blue zircon and it was my dads birthstone so has a special meaning for me.

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
@MissSarah gosh that’s brave! Now you have me wondering if I should heat mine lol! Mine is a huge yellowish Orange Portuguese cut- it was always a bit dark for me. I don’t want to totally wreck it though... did the colour just gradually fade as you were heating it?

I am so sorry I never answered this. I'm really bad at message boards. Yes, it is a gradual color change, but once it initiates, it can lose all color within 3 minutes. I have a glass top stove, so just put the stone face down on the burner, and turned it on to high. I made sure the stone was clean, dry, and not cold first, too. The post I followed is: http://cecileraleydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-heat-zircon.html?m=1

Have fun & stay safe if you try it!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am loving all of these blue zircons! Might be next on my purchase list...

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry I never answered this. I'm really bad at message boards. Yes, it is a gradual color change, but once it initiates, it can lose all color within 3 minutes. I have a glass top stove, so just put the stone face down on the burner, and turned it on to high. I made sure the stone was clean, dry, and not cold first, too. The post I followed is: http://cecileraleydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-heat-zircon.html?m=1

Have fun & stay safe if you try it!

Crazy! :eek2: Maybe I can try that with a low quality one? :lol-2:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a strange army green zircon, but it is so ugly ( subjective opinion here) that I think it would do the thread a disservice other than to show how beautiful the ones posted here are lol! :lol-2: Seriously though, beautiful, gorgeous stones y’all!

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a strange army green zircon, but it is so ugly ( subjective opinion here) that I think it would do the thread a disservice other than to show how beautiful the ones posted here are lol! :lol-2: Seriously though, beautiful, gorgeous stones y’all!
I want to see it! My most recent zircon purchase from Mastercut. 20190412_100341.jpg

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I’d love to see it too! I love army green!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results