shape
carat
color
clarity

In Love with my Reset! Oval Rose Gold Halo

marshmellowluver

Rough_Rock
Premium
Looks amazing!!! Are you going to still wear your wedding band with it?

Hi @motownmama ! Yes, I'm so happy with how it turned out. I won't be using the wedding band I have with my solitaire above, but I'm thinking to maybe do a curved band with small diamonds. right now, I'm wearing her solo and might not mind wearing her without a band as well (hubby is not too strict with me) :)

marshmellowluver

Rough_Rock
Premium
I love your reset! It is beautiful on you! I also love your before too. I think it would be hard to go wrong with your lovely stone.

Thanks so much @luv2sparkle I think the reset was the way to go too! I love the solitaire before but thinking I want it to look a bit different. I'm glad the reset turned out well :)

marshmellowluver

Rough_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! And I love the profile. Do you mind my asking whi did the setting? Lately DSS has got me thinking of turning my solitaire into a halo ;-) And my OEC is a K, so I am concerned about the melee in the halo making the stone look dark. Yours turned out wonderfully.

And I second a question from a previous poster - what kind of a band are you thinking about?

Hi @Romy!

Thanks for the kind words, and yes I do love the profile too! I actually got this setting at diamondmounts at Ebay, and I think Alex absolutely did a great job! The ring is not my e-ring so I didn't want to spend too much on the setting. I think the quality, and detail definitely surpass the price I paid for this setting. It is comfortable to wear, and the pave feels smooth to me. The halo stones are G/H and looks white, but since its smallat 1.1 mm and set in rose gold, it definitely helps blend with the warmer center. I hope that helps and good luck with your project as well!

For the band,,, I need to do a bit more research on what I wanted to do, but maybe a curved band would be nice (: I just need to be sure that it doesn't look too white and contrast with my ring too much... Maybe something like this one in rose gold. What do you think?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/612245...aguette-diamond?ref=shop_home_active_14&frs=1

Winterinaustralia

Rough_Rock
Love this reset, the halo really defines the oval shape as well as making it look bigger (bonus!)
Lucky duck :lickout:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it was beautful to gorgeous, i love it!

Hi All!

I took the plunge to reset my Oval solitaire to a rose gold halo and I'm so thrilled with how it turned out! My oval is a J, and it does show warmth compared to my higher color stone, so I was a bit wary if doing a halo might make the color look more obvious. Now that I have it reset, I can definitely say the rose gold is a great decision as the contrast help the stone look more defined and whiter. And it just look like it belongs :)

Coming from having all white metals, I was also a bit worried rose gold might look too trendy and how it might look with my skintone. Now with the ring complete I actually adore the rose gold as it just makes the ring looks more romantic! Love how it looks on my skintone as well.

All in all, I'm absolutely in love with how this turned out

Oval is a 1.05 ct, J color, with good dimensions at 8.52 x 5.83 mm. Halo has 1.1 mm G/H stones. Absolutely love this size halo as it helps highlight the center stone and doesn't have a noticable color difference to the center. Metal is 14k rose gold.
Previous solitaire:

20180601_160346.jpg

And the reset:

20190120_135334.jpg 20190120_135338.jpg 20190120_135559.jpg

Hope this helps someone deciding on a ring / style as well :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely and romantic. Congratulations on a beautiful reset.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely addition to your collection! You have your (upgraded) ER, marquise, yellow diamond in halo still too?

marshmellowluver

Rough_Rock
Premium
What a lovely addition to your collection! You have your (upgraded) ER, marquise, yellow diamond in halo still too?
Hi @motownmama yes, I'm definitely in love with the oval! And I'm so lucky to have my ER (this is so precious to me), and the marquise. I don't have the yellow diamond anymore but I'm definitely lucky to add pieces that fits better to my style (:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful reset! Rose gold looks lovely on you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! :love: Love the rose gold and the extra finger coverage is awesome! :appl:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All!

I took the plunge to reset my Oval solitaire to a rose gold halo and I'm so thrilled with how it turned out! My oval is a J, and it does show warmth compared to my higher color stone, so I was a bit wary if doing a halo might make the color look more obvious. Now that I have it reset, I can definitely say the rose gold is a great decision as the contrast help the stone look more defined and whiter. And it just look like it belongs :)

Coming from having all white metals, I was also a bit worried rose gold might look too trendy and how it might look with my skintone. Now with the ring complete I actually adore the rose gold as it just makes the ring looks more romantic! Love how it looks on my skintone as well.

All in all, I'm absolutely in love with how this turned out

Oval is a 1.05 ct, J color, with good dimensions at 8.52 x 5.83 mm. Halo has 1.1 mm G/H stones. Absolutely love this size halo as it helps highlight the center stone and doesn't have a noticable color difference to the center. Metal is 14k rose gold.
Previous solitaire:

20180601_160346.jpg

And the reset:

20190120_135334.jpg 20190120_135338.jpg 20190120_135559.jpg

Hope this helps someone deciding on a ring / style as well :)

I love it!!!!!!!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I adore your ring! I agree, the rose gold brings a lovely romantic feel to it. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results