carat
color
clarity

In Love with my Reset! Oval Rose Gold Halo

marshmellowluver

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi All!

I took the plunge to reset my Oval solitaire to a rose gold halo and I'm so thrilled with how it turned out! My oval is a J, and it does show warmth compared to my higher color stone, so I was a bit wary if doing a halo might make the color look more obvious. Now that I have it reset, I can definitely say the rose gold is a great decision as the contrast help the stone look more defined and whiter. And it just look like it belongs :)

Coming from having all white metals, I was also a bit worried rose gold might look too trendy and how it might look with my skintone. Now with the ring complete I actually adore the rose gold as it just makes the ring looks more romantic! Love how it looks on my skintone as well.

All in all, I'm absolutely in love with how this turned out

Oval is a 1.05 ct, J color, with good dimensions at 8.52 x 5.83 mm. Halo has 1.1 mm G/H stones. Absolutely love this size halo as it helps highlight the center stone and doesn't have a noticable color difference to the center. Metal is 14k rose gold.
Previous solitaire:

20180601_160346.jpg

And the reset:

20190120_135334.jpg 20190120_135338.jpg 20190120_135559.jpg

Hope this helps someone deciding on a ring / style as well :)

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I have some serious oval envy. One day...

And the reset is so simple and elegant and very now. And makes the 1ct look HUGE! Enjoy the fresh new look :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choices - it’s perfect!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
This is perfection!! SO beautiful - really fantastic choice.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! :appl:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm loving your reset! The ring looks beautiful with your stone :)

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is really, really pretty. I'm generally not a fan of halos, or rose gold, for that matter, but this looks amazing! I love the profile view. Very nice job! I think you've convinced me to broaden my horizons and adjust my preferences a little.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the reset! The rose gold looks perfect on you!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks amazing!!! Are you going to still wear your wedding band with it?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful reset! Feminine, romantic and really lovely on your hand. Congratulations!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your reset! It is beautiful on you! I also love your before too. I think it would be hard to go wrong with your lovely stone.

Romy

Rough_Rock
So beautiful! And I love the profile. Do you mind my asking whi did the setting? Lately DSS has got me thinking of turning my solitaire into a halo ;-) And my OEC is a K, so I am concerned about the melee in the halo making the stone look dark. Yours turned out wonderfully.

And I second a question from a previous poster - what kind of a band are you thinking about?

marshmellowluver

Rough_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I have some serious oval envy. One day...

And the reset is so simple and elegant and very now. And makes the 1ct look HUGE! Enjoy the fresh new look :)

Thanks @elliefire99 ! I'm definitely loving the size difference too! I think fancy shapes takes on halos really well :)

marshmellowluver

Rough_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is really, really pretty. I'm generally not a fan of halos, or rose gold, for that matter, but this looks amazing! I love the profile view. Very nice job! I think you've convinced me to broaden my horizons and adjust my preferences a little.

@natasha-cupcake Thanks much for the kind words! My preferences before was also just a simple solitaire, and I'm still in love with my tiffany-style channel set engagement ring, but I just realize you don't know until you give it a shot! Hope your next project will be a success too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results