shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
48427909_2221102551283824_2128785610956079104_n.jpg

Saw this on Jasmine's page. Not buying, just testing my eye. 9.9-6-3mm price: 866 usd Seems like a good price?

Colour is good.

3 mm too flat for me.

And missing diamonds in between halo. Mellowyellow bought one at 850 usd and the halo was full.

866 is ok. I suspect cheaper elsewhere.

J had a purple pendant of Bao Gong. 1.69 K. Y had the same at 1K.

So, if this is 866. Think. J will add 5% handling fees and your total bill would be close to 900 USD.

YY would add postage etc.

I think 866 really sounds like a made up price (fa lok lok - sounds like prosperity, a lucky price, like something I would do when choosing phone numbers :lol:). So I would not buy. Must be cheaper elsewhere.

I like this colour though. I am going for imperial green next.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lavender earrings. I asked for plain daylight. No touch up of pics. Off to work now. Long day. Thinking...probably won't buy them. If I do, I will ask for lots of pics to check out translucency as well.

YY did say to think of the colour as 3 times lighter.

Oh, and if I did buy these ones, I would be sucked into buying a pair of huger green cabs, just to big up the earrings. So I don't have that budget for a long while.
Lavender earrings 5 (2).jpg

3x lighter is a mid shade I think. But this looks dull not much shine?

Duyen

Rough_Rock
They both look lovely.:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

My buddhas are en route to me. The ring, I have asked them to wait until after Christmas. I will post when I receive.

Thank you very much @ChaiK
Since I am such a newbie compared to you about jade, your comments reassured me about the choice.
Yes, I would love us all to share our finds when received

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Lavender earrings. I asked for plain daylight. No touch up of pics. Off to work now. Long day. Thinking...probably won't buy them. If I do, I will ask for lots of pics to check out translucency as well.

YY did say to think of the colour as 3 times lighter.

Oh, and if I did buy these ones, I would be sucked into buying a pair of huger green cabs, just to big up the earrings. So I don't have that budget for a long while.
Lavender earrings 5 (2).jpg

Aren’t they a little bit too opaque for your taste ?

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Any other photos of the bangles? Hard to see properly. Depends on the prices too.

Second one looks finer grain and water.

Yes, this was what I thought too : loved the grain and water, but when asked about it, she upfront told me “very very small opening”, and then when asked which one I should choose if I am after the best balance between vivid green and translucency, she again repeated that this oval one has “stone structure” and then “stony pattern”.

As a recap :
First bangle, the one I chose : 52.4mm -11.4 mm-6.2 mm 8300 RMB
45C1F792-A5E2-4326-B831-CCFB7465018A.jpeg
D0BF9E29-A20F-4EE4-AF93-2ABF3A9568F5.jpeg

Second bangle, the one I discarded: oval 52.9/46mm-12.4mm-6mm, cheaper 6800 RMB
Since my wrist can take 51 mm at the smallest, I was also scared that this one could be too tight for me to fit in, when applying the rule of the thumb -1.5mm / -2.5 mm.
Plus, I was thinking that a round bangle would be more versatile than an oval one.
A79F2B98-3439-4DA6-948A-0A91056207DF.jpeg
17EE9EBF-2D2D-4CFD-BDD7-A516B33A6B6C.jpeg

What do you think about this “stony pattern” thing as well as the size issue re- the oval one ?
If I need to change my mind, I think that it will still be on time

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ladies need to pay a bank charge of $200 hkd?

They didn't tell me there was a charge so I paid the bank fee on my end. I paid them in 2 transactions so it was $200hkd per transaction (2 purchases as I decided on lace earrings after I made first payment) and YY was very annoyed about it but says she's letting it go.

I paid my bank fee on my end and they gave me a total including postage which I paid in full! No idea their bank was going to slug them $200hkd for each transfer!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Duyen that doesn't say much at all, the advice they are giving you! Very vague! Can you draw or go find a cheap mock bangle to try on?

I have a tight oval bangle (metal not jade) that is put on by hinge. You want me to measure that for you? That bangle fits beautifully on the wrist but I don't think I can squeeze into it without opening it up! I can fit a 52 bangle but can't take off easily.

Duyen

Rough_Rock

They didn't tell me there was a charge so I paid the bank fee on my end. I paid them in 2 transactions so it was $200hkd per transaction (2 purchases as I decided on lace earrings after I made first payment) and YY was very annoyed about it but says she's letting it go.

I paid my bank fee on my end and they gave me a total including postage which I paid in full! No idea their bank was going to slug them $200hkd for each transfer!

Hi,
Actually the wire transfer fee comes from your bank, and depends on the bank and the country where you live. I had to pay 20 USD too.
Unless you have a Chinese Alipay account, or, better, a Chinese or HK bank account, I could not find any other cheaper payment alternative with YY since they do not want to take PayPal.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Actually the wire transfer fee comes from your bank, and depends on the bank and the country where you live. I had to pay 20 USD too.
Unless you have a Chinese Alipay account, or, better, a Chinese or HK bank account, I could not find any other cheaper payment alternative with YY since they do not want to take PayPal.

Thanks. So weird cuz they charged me $6 per transaction on my end. They didn't charge any other fee.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
@Duyen that doesn't say much at all, the advice they are giving you! Very vague! Can you draw or go find a cheap mock bangle to try on?

I have a tight oval bangle (metal not jade) that is put on by hinge. You want me to measure that for you? That bangle fits beautifully on the wrist but I don't think I can squeeze into it without opening it up! I can fit a 52 bangle but can't take off easily.

Yes, it could be a good help, thank you @mellowyellowgirl
It would also help me better if on top of the measurements, you tell me whether you can fit in it with the help of creams / oils / bags.

Unfortunately, oval bangles are so variable in their sizes, and finding one in some B&M shops nearby as close in size as this YY bangle could be quite a challenge
Thanks so much again !

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

I did not have that problem second time round as I asked a friend to pay by zi fu bao, the Chinese Paypal. I am, after work cools down this week, going to look into registering with Transferwise or with check payment options with WeChat pay.

I think if YY is annoyed, just send her nice happy smiley face. No time to worry about who is annoyed or not. I doubt she will keep it and let it simmer and brew. She is earning. Just plough on. Buy and move back to work.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it could be a good help, thank you @mellowyellowgirl
It would also help me better if on top of the measurements, you tell me whether you can fit in it with the help of creams / oils / bags.

Unfortunately, oval bangles are so variable in their sizes, and finding one in some B&M shops nearby as close in size as this YY bangle could be quite a challenge
Thanks so much again !

Okay mine is 51mm (the wider bit) by 43mm, inner measurements. It is a SNUG fit on the wrist. Hugs it. Leaves no marks but hugs it.

No way will that bangle go on without opening the hinge. The hand cannot physically fit through the gap.

Reactions: AV_

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Okay mine is 51mm (the wider bit) by 43mm, inner measurements. It is a SNUG fit on the wrist. Hugs it. Leaves no marks but hugs it.

No way will that bangle go on without opening the hinge. The hand cannot physically fit through the gap.

Thank you so much @mellowyellowgirl !
I think that our wrist sizes are close. The tricky part with that YY oval bangle is about how I can slide it past my knuckles to have it sit nicely on my wrist.
I confess that I tried some handy work yesterday with cardboard, scissors, ruler etc. but the cardboard wouldn’t take long any pressure before tearing ☹️

If you all think that I would better go for the oval one, I would maybe need to find thicker cardboard and try again before contacting YY for a swap.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much @mellowyellowgirl !
I think that our wrist sizes are close. The tricky part with that YY oval bangle is about how I can slide it past my knuckles to have it sit nicely on my wrist.
I confess that I tried some handy work yesterday with cardboard, scissors, ruler etc. but the cardboard wouldn’t take long any pressure before tearing ☹️

If you all think that I would better go for the oval one, I would maybe need to find thicker cardboard and try again before contacting YY for a swap.

Often, pictures are tricky. If she says stone stuff, maybe listen to her. There is usually a reason for it being the cheaper bangle.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
@ChaiK yes, this was also my initial rationale : if she went beyond what she is allowed to do with customers ie giving advices, it should hopefully be for a good reason.
And regarding round vs oval, I was also considering maybe stacking bangles sometimes, which is easier and nicer with round than oval. I guess.

Last edited:

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Often, pictures are tricky. If she says stone stuff, maybe listen to her. There is usually a reason for it being the cheaper bangle.

Ok, just got boutique-2 lady about the bangles.
She said :
- the round one that I chose is much prettier than the oval one, adding that “you never get something for nothing” (the one I chose being indeed more expensive)
- the chosen one’s “color is more in a sunny color”. I guess this means vivid color.
So I stick to the initial choice.

And you are right, @ChaiK, I guess that here again pictures have proven themselves tricky, even more so since both bangles seem to be sourced from different manufactures / and thus been shot with different cameras.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Few more small items tonight.

2 Buddha and Guanyin pendants carved on the underside. Ruyi head pair and an icy pea that went for just rmb100.

20181220_003335.jpg 20181220_003314.jpg Screenshot_20181219-232110_Facebook.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so you see this bangle which I downloaded from them, this newcamway ebay seller?

Around the area circled in blue, can you see the texture of the jade? Very porous looking. Something not right. And around that area, outside of the bangle, the pixels look to have been manipulated.

Or maybe it is just me reading too much into it. A good picture, though. If I was all new and did not know any better, I would buy from them.

Dodgy bangle_LI.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Oval bangle_LI (2).jpg

Oh, and @Duyen, this is your oval bangle which you did not buy.

Can you see the circled area? It has like a line. Maybe that is what she meant. That the bangles has lines like that.

Attachments

• Oval bangle_LI.jpg
    Oval bangle_LI.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 29

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please someone educate me. Why have I never seen this color jade before?:eek2: It's from the shop Burmesedaze is talking about. It MUST be dyed, right?
s-l1600.jpg

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Oval bangle_LI (2).jpg

Oh, and @Duyen, this is your oval bangle which you did not buy.

Can you see the circled area? It has like a line. Maybe that is what she meant. That the bangles has lines like that.

You are amazing ChaiK !
Yes, the first thing she mentioned when I initially asked her about that oval bangle, was : « it is striated », and she then explained herself more technically with the stony structure and took that special picture with her phone’s light showing the big grains formed by the stone.
Thanks so much for your time on my concern ❤️

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
You are amazing ChaiK !
Yes, the first thing she mentioned when I initially asked her about that oval bangle, was : « it is striated », and she then explained herself more technically with the stony structure and took that special picture with her phone’s light showing the big grains formed by the stone.
Thanks so much for your time on my concern ❤️

Very new to this myself too. So now I know what to look for when bangle buying too.

Ok. Am on a flight today. Travelling for work. I can’t wait for x’mas so I can just laze around in my pjs, watch movies and make and eat jiaozi all week long into the new year. Wearing red lipstick and all my jewellery as I do all that. Haha, drop some in the dough too. Oh and looking up wechat all the time and skiing with all my jadeite. Gazillion-multi-tasking. Super busy.

Be back soon. X.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results