shape
carat
color
clarity

Price to reset a wedding band

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
I have a 5 stone (1.37cts) set in a 4 prong platinum setting. I want to reset it in a u prong setting. I just went to two local jewelers

One quoted $1200 for platinum

The other $2k platinum and $1200 for WG

I will be getting a few more quotes, I just was wondering if anyone knows what the average cost should be. I am in Massachusetts.

Thanks

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, I am in MA too, but I would strongly advice that you contact David Klass for this project. He quoted me much less for a very similar toy your project.

Which jewelers did you visit locally?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you look at an example of either of the jewelers making a uprong like the one you want? I wouldn't commit to either until I could see an example of them having done exactly what you want.

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
Hi there, I am in MA too, but I would strongly advice that you contact David Klass for this project. He quoted me much less for a very similar toy your project.

Which jewelers did you visit locally?
Barmakians and Longs

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
Did you look at an example of either of the jewelers making a uprong like the one you want? I wouldn't commit to either until I could see an example of them having done exactly what you want.
Yes and I would be happy with it

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barmakians and Longs
Those are two of the priciest stores. I would check out DeScenza, they are usually able to offer lower prices on stock settings or anything that they can order. You can try some different settings in store and see which one you like best.

Nonetheless, my DK recommendation still stands. You can check out this post by a fellow PSer, she went through a similar dilemma and chose DK for her five stone ring reset.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-stone-trellis-project.241541/#post-4357871

I couldn’t find her reveal post, but found her ring on IG.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bls5ogVHZmo/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=srfj6dwfherg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in philly, so not sure how the prices compare, but my 5 stone CAD designed setting in 14k was under 1k (I think just under 900$ but this was also 4-5years ago). With the inflation in gold prices I would imagine 1000-1200$ would probably be average but that’s just my guess.

I’m getting a somewhat complex ring made right now involving 3 gold colors in 18k for a toi Er moi ring and this setting will be $1200.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results