shape
carat
color
clarity

Very excited - Opulence Oval from August Vintage coming my way!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last year I had some great help from lots of p'scopers on my hunt for an oval. I thought I had found one but ultimately my quest for perfection meant it didnt work out!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-some-help-looking-for-a-diamond.233304/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...val-aset-stone-on-hold-for-short-time.233320/

I felt pretty disheartened and considered other shapes such as a cushion and a round but nothing felt right, I also looked at antique rings but again nothing panned out. You can imagine my excitement when it emerged @Rhino was going to introducing some new ideal cut ovals (in fact I posted in the thread on it in a somewhat excitable manner!)

Anyway the oval has been bought it's a 1.29 G VS2 (posted on August Vintage Instagram over the weekend) and it is absolutely gorgeous!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeL-54QBYG6/
It should be heading over to David Klass shortly so that he can make me a setting! I can't link videos (technophobe) and I have no photos or certificate to post either but I'm just so HAPPY!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you!
As a fellow oval lover I am delighted and wish the opulence had been around 12 years aho when I got engaged.
Don't forget to post a lot of pictures in smtb when you get it!!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw it on IG and hoped it would go to a PSer so I could see more photos. Congratulations!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the lovely comments, I hadn't seen that you had all replied!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving all the Opulence ovals and am loving even more that PSers are snatching them up so that we can see the finished piece :mrgreen2:. Congratulations on an ideal cut oval, it's going to be stunning!!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! I can't wait for pictures :)

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful! :appl: Congratulations, add me to the list of excited PSers who can’t wait to see it! :P2

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks lovely people it's nice that you are sharing my excitement! :wavey:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh just thinking and please ignore my stupidity, I haven't done this before - can anyone tell me do I need to arrange insurance for while it is being set? I know it's covered in transit but what about when it gets there. I'm in the UK can I do that from here?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First congratulations! Ovals are beautiful and so hard to find a good one! I had one 30 years ago and traded up to a MRB because the bowtie just bugged me bigtime! when I look at the Opulence I swoooooonn... So..I can't wait to see your ring! I think David Klaas is an artist (I follow him on IG).. smart move and PLEASE many hand shots!

:)

Last year I had some great help from lots of p'scopers on my hunt for an oval. I thought I had found one but ultimately my quest for perfection meant it didnt work out!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-some-help-looking-for-a-diamond.233304/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...val-aset-stone-on-hold-for-short-time.233320/

I felt pretty disheartened and considered other shapes such as a cushion and a round but nothing felt right, I also looked at antique rings but again nothing panned out. You can imagine my excitement when it emerged @Rhino was going to introducing some new ideal cut ovals (in fact I posted in the thread on it in a somewhat excitable manner!)

Anyway the oval has been bought it's a 1.29 G VS2 (posted on August Vintage Instagram over the weekend) and it is absolutely gorgeous!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeL-54QBYG6/
It should be heading over to David Klass shortly so that he can make me a setting! I can't link videos (technophobe) and I have no photos or certificate to post either but I'm just so HAPPY!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful!! I’m so thrilled for you!! Jonathan’s Opulent Ovals are TDF!! I can’t wait to see the finished ring! Please, as others have mentioned, HAND SHOTS!!
As for insurance while it’s being set, I recall someone mentioning that in a thread, a while ago, but I’m not sure how you go about doing that....

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well the stone got to DK yesterday and the lady who works with him said it was gorgeous. I've also made some changes to the original design and discussed a few things with DK on email so hopefully I will be posting some CADs up in the not too distant future!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!...did I miss how you're setting it? Any CADs or anything to post? So excited for you!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_1375.jpg IMG_1379.jpg IMG_1385.jpg Thanks @tyty333 no cads as yet, I haven't had an ETA on them from DK. I did mention settings in one of my other threads but I have changed my mind slightly since then. It will be a double halo on a tri wire shank with diamond 'cuffs' at the shoulders. The inner halo will consist of larger bezelled rounds. It's Edwardian inspired I guess but I don't want it to be antique looking so it will have a matt finish, no milgrain. The photo with missing centre stone is the inspiration, the mock up on my finger gives an idea with an oval (although this is a different stone with slightly different proportions) and the gallery photo shows how I want the tri wire shank to work. David is also doing this design for the gallery for the time being but I'm getting stuck here as it's not really what I want (too fiddly for what I am after)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love:Cannot wait to see in on your hand!:appl:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I predict this will look awesome :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is gorgeous! I saw you post on another thread and assumed it was an Opulence oval, so I came to take a look! :love:

Okay, I saw you say you don’t want your setting to be antique looking, but every element of your inspiration setting IS Edwardian...tri-wire shank, the cuffs, shoulders, halo design, and gallery. Now I adore the setting because I love antique settings, but if you don’t, maybe you should look at some more modern settings?

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @diamondseeker2006 im very excited to see it!
I do love antique settings but I prefer with my modern stone to not have a reproduction setting. In my home I have lots of different furniture from different periods it's eclectic I guess and that's what I want for the ring, hopefully the lack of milgrain, matt finish and a modern looking gallery will help with that. I guess I hope to create a hybrid of sorts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results