shape
carat
color
clarity

Look at what showed up at my house on Sunday

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness. What a miracle that she found her way to you! I am so happy to hear she found you. She must be a dear, dear girl. Look at those eyes.

THANK YOU for being a wonderful person and helping her!!!

This!!!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG what a cutie. Poor sweetheart. :blackeye:

Thank you so so much for taking care of her.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave, you are a good human.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
She knew where to go to get love. I wonder if she had puppies somewhere. Poor baby.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plucky Ruby is so lucky to have found you, and I'm so happy she did!
What a perfect name, too, as rubies are strong, as well as beautiful.
Thank you for taking care of this baby, until she is ready to go on to find her home.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She knew where to go to get love. I wonder if she had puppies somewhere. Poor baby.

Yes, we let her roam a bit yesterday while my daughter followed her in the woods to be sure she didn't have puppies hid anywhere, but she didn't lead us anywhere so.... I guess not.

I think she is either pregnant or has been bred before (maybe a backyard breeder?)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, Ruby looks a sight. What a relief she has found you and you know how to look after a dog who is that neglected. Crossing my finger and the pugs cross their paws that she will make it. Thank you for taking her in and looking after her.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, Ruby looks a sight. What a relief she has found you and you know how to look after a dog who is that neglected. Crossing my finger and the pugs cross their paws that she will make it. Thank you for taking her in and looking after her.

She looks good tonight.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plucky Ruby is so lucky to have found you, and I'm so happy she did!
What a perfect name, too, as rubies are strong, as well as beautiful.
Thank you for taking care of this baby, until she is ready to go on to find her home.

Yes, it's a good name for her. Strong and beautiful.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Precious face.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, what a precious girl. She's got Beagle-Hound ears. So glad you could foster her.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at those first pics really breaks my heart. :cry2: She is so beautiful and I'm glad her luck turned around. Here's hoping she keeps improving.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How's the little girl during this morning?

Deb

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting another picture of Ruby @whitewave
She looks like such a sweetheart. How is she doing this morning?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just dropped her off at the vet for the day. She weighed 31.2 pounds with that blue and black check sweater on her.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fair enough but in my mind, you are a better human, because you can't turn away.. some can, many can.. but I get you.. Peace

I think I'm just human, but thanks. :geek2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just dropped her off at the vet for the day. She weighed 31.2 pounds with that blue and black check sweater on her.

Thank you, whitewave. I just want her to be out of danger. A few days ago I read about the death of big Newfoundland whose life I had followed on YouTube, Sebastian. He was such a good boy! But he died suddenly. The family got two weeks of warning and came back from a family vacation so that they could be with him. It reminded me of my own Newfie's death this past year and how suddenly he went and helpless I was and how stupid I felt not to have seen signs of what was wrong in time. I wanted to shout, "I'll take her!" when I saw this poor girl. But she is not even out of the woods and who knows what problems she has. I know you, also, recently went through a loss. I don't know what this is doing to you, but you are a saint! You are living with the unknown again. As we do with our beloved animals.

Hugs,
(((whitewater)))
Deb

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, whitewave. I just want her to be out of danger. A few days ago I read about the death of big Newfoundland whose life I had followed on YouTube, Sebastian. He was such a good boy! But he died suddenly. The family got two weeks of warning and came back from a family vacation so that they could be with him. It reminded me of my own Newfie's death this past year and how suddenly he went and helpless I was and how stupid I felt not to have seen signs of what was wrong in time. I wanted to shout, "I'll take her!" when I saw this poor girl. But she is not even out of the woods and who knows what problems she has. I know you, also, recently went through a loss. I don't know what this is doing to you, but you are a saint! You are living with the unknown again. As we do with our beloved animals.

Hugs,
(((whitewater)))
Deb

Yes, I had 3 die in less than a year with Gabe the bulldog completely unexpected. I'm sorry your Newfie died-- such wonderful dogs.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Animal suffering guts me to my core and brings me to my knees.
Yes ww you are a special human for your compassion. Ruby has such sweetness and love in her eyes. :cry2: I’m so thanful she found her way to you.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So, she'll be coming home tonight? Feeling a little needy for an update over here. 8) Even though I am sure she will be fine.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, she'll be coming home tonight? Feeling a little needy for an update over here. 8) Even though I am sure she will be fine.

I know. I keep wanting to call and check on her. The vet had surgeries this morning, so she is probably in a kennel.... maybe they will have info on her soon. They said they would call me... I told them to be sure to give me plenty of time before they close to get her because I am 30 mins away.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness Ruby!!!!! I'm late to this thread, but I'm now following it closely. That poor love, she must've been in such a bad way before she found you whitewave. You are WONDERFUL to take such loving good care of her. Animal suffering also tears me apart. I was so close to taking a small dog (no collar) home with me when her homeless owner came out of a bar in a wheel chair. Obviously I couldn't take the dog, but I still wonder about it's well being. It looked shabby and hungry :(2.

I hope Ruby continues to heal and will find her furever home.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know. I keep wanting to call and check on her. The vet had surgeries this morning, so she is probably in a kennel.... maybe they will have info on her soon. They said they would call me... I told them to be sure to give me plenty of time before they close to get her because I am 30 mins away.

I can only imagine what the reunion will be like, even if its only after a day at the vet. You saved her life, and she knows it. I'm sure you are a huge part of her feeling safe and happy now.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry I botched your name above, whitewave. I know you. I think you know that!

Deb :wavey:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Terrible terrible news. Ruby ran off in the woods.

We had just gotten back from the vet (vet thinks lost hunting dog running for a while-- her paw pads are worn down and she had an abscess on her foot) and my daughter (who has been bawling) had to pick her up to take her out of the car-- she put her down to pee and in a split second without warning, she bolted off into the thick swampy woods barking after something.

The rescue people came and we spent an hour looking for her until dusk and I am going to leave out food and an electric blanket in my garage for her.

It never even occurred to me that she had that kind of energy. She took off as fast as she could and never looked back.

*sigh* :knockout::blackeye::cry2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks like a hound. They will go if they smell anything. She might come back. But on the bright side, she must be feeling much better! Doggy prayers that ruby comes back!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry @whitewave!! This was not the update I was hoping to read! :(sad I hope she comes back soon!!

At least she knows where she can find a warm place to snuggle and some food now. Try not to go crazy worrying tonight ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results