shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for engagement ring 5k budget

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But I mean msop be fair didn't the color in your j while set in a Halo mother you just a bit.

Yes, it did... but it had no fluoro and was 2.43 ct, 8.7 mm (showing more body color). I just helped a co-worker's FI pick out a diamond. It's a 0.91 J/SI1 (no fluoro) set in a solitaire. It's very white -- even from the side view. :))

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another note about IDJ, once you get in touch with them, ask them if they have any halos in stock that may be able to fit a stone in your budget. Sometimes they are willing to offer much larger discounts on settings, if they have them in store and if they don't need to be custom ordered. I would not compromise on the diamond for the sake of the halo setting.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another note about IDJ, once you get in touch with them, ask them if they have any halos in stock that may be able to fit a stone in your budget. Sometimes they are willing to offer much larger discounts on settings, if they have them in store and if they don't need to be custom ordered. I would not compromise on the diamond for the sake of the halo setting.

Good idea, SimoneDi!

nbota34

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input everyone I feel like this has put me months ahead of where I would be if I was still researching on my own.

It seems like popular opinion is to go with an I stone or possibly a a J w/ fluorescence for my best compromise for size / color? The goal being that she doesn't see any drastic color difference or obvious imperfections on the ring.

I have reached out to IDjewelers and do like a few of the Gabriel and co settings such as this that seem to match the pictures I have.

http://idjewelry.com/14k-white-gold-diamond-halo-engagement-ring-er10839w44jj.html

Seems to be pretty close the settings sent by msop04 which I also like.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input everyone I feel like this has put me months ahead of where I would be if I was still researching on my own.

It seems like popular opinion is to go with an I stone or possibly a a J w/ fluorescence for my best compromise for size / color? The goal being that she doesn't see any drastic color difference or obvious imperfections on the ring.

I have reached out to IDjewelers and do like a few of the Gabriel and co settings such as this that seem to match the pictures I have.

http://idjewelry.com/14k-white-gold-diamond-halo-engagement-ring-er10839w44jj.html

Seems to be pretty close the settings sent by msop04 which I also like.

That is the same setting I shared with you yesterday, I think it is still a contender, but looking back at her inspiration pics, she does like more of a cushiony shape, no sharp edges.. perhaps this setting will be a better choice: https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER12781W44JJ

You can look on gabriel&co website, IDJ can source you any setting from them, even if it is not on their website.

Last edited:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could maybe email those pics from your gf to IDJewelry. The will get a good idea of the look she is drawn to.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks SimineDi I actually do like that one better!

I found this on Tradesy, any opinions? And has anyone bought from that site? I've already asked for close up pictures of the diamonds and the gia certificate.
https://www.tradesy.com/weddings/bridal-jewelry-and-accessories/25karatscom-21611142/

I have bought other things from the website, but never jewelry, so I can't comment. I personally wouldn't be comfortable with the return policy, but if you are and if GIA checks out and the seller has all receipts, maybe it is worth pursuing to you. I don't find the price to be particularly appealing.

nbota34

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the insight SimoneDi.

Thanks SomethingNew, I didn't realize Costco even sold jewelry.. I guess they sell everything there. It does seem to check most of the boxes for what I'm looking for. I have no qualms about where the ring comes from, so I wouldn't be worried about any stigma from purchasing a ring there if it turned out to be the right option for me. Out of curiousity does any one have any experiences purchasing jewelry there?

I'm working with IDJewelry to see some options in my price range. I appreciate the advice to send them the pictures I have, I'm interested to see what they come back with.

nbota34

Rough_Rock
Quick update - Yekutiel sent some pictures of this setting I'm really liking it. I think she would love the look the halo around the edge gives it from every angle. Any thoughts / opinions / experiences with this type of setting or similar?

IMG_3443.PNG IMG_3441.PNG IMG_3442.PNG

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update - Yekutiel sent some pictures of this setting I'm really liking it. I think she would love the look the halo around the edge gives it from every angle. Any thoughts / opinions / experiences with this type of setting or similar?

IMG_3443.PNG IMG_3441.PNG IMG_3442.PNG

Setting looks nice!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that option! I think she'd be very pleased. Which stone is he suggesting?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting seems very pretty? Which one is the stone?

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks SimineDi I actually do like that one better!

I found this on Tradesy, any opinions? And has anyone bought from that site? I've already asked for close up pictures of the diamonds and the gia certificate.
https://www.tradesy.com/weddings/bridal-jewelry-and-accessories/25karatscom-21611142/

I love this ring and its a good deal! (Though maybe you could offer less by emailing the seller...) The return policy for credit only applies if you return it because you change your mind or something. If theres a CZ in there or something else was misrepresented you would get a full refund under their authenticity promise.

nbota34

Rough_Rock
Here's the stone he has picked. The closeups have me a bit worried but he assures me it's eye clean. He also sent a video which I can't seem to upload.

All things Sparkling - I actually do like the ring and had the same thought about negotiating a lower price. The only thing that has me slightly worried is it will need resized to a 7.5. I see mixed reviews on resizing rings with diamonds on the band.

GIA.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg unnamed.jpg GIA 2183418087-ASET black (Fancy)-01.jpg GIA 2183418087-ASET white-01.jpg GIA 2183418087-IdealScope-01.jpg GIA 2183418087-Officelight black-01.jpg HCA.jpg

Attachments

• 2183418087.pdf
    713 KB · Views: 54

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the overall cost on the IDJ one and the breakdown please?

I love the setting, it look great on the hand. The stone has a nice cut, the slightly shallower crown angle will produce more scintillation vs fire, but I don't really see a problem with that. I am really not loving the inclusions..maybe eye clean to some, but others will definitely see them. Can he find you something just under 1ct that has better clarity?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, and more importantly I trust Yekutiel. If he says it's a clean diamond and a great choice for that ring and your budget I wouldn't have a problem saying yes.

Ask them to shape the prongs to be claws/pointed. It will help with the delicate feel of the design.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a great choice if you want to hit the 1 carat mark! Has great light return and I trust Yekutiel if he says it's eye clean. However, if the clarity is a concern to you, I'm sure he could go slightly smaller (.90ish) and up in clarity. There will be little difference on the hand since you're putting it in a halo anyway.

nbota34

Rough_Rock
The price would be $5000 for the setting and stone.

I've seen some similar stones in B&M stores that are eye clean (at least to me) and I've been pleased with them. I've been to quite a few local shops and have found one that I would feel comfortable with that is able to do a similar set up for me around the 5k mark and has a variety of excellent - very good cut, D-I stones in 1ct. range that are eye clean(I1-SI2). I spent a substantial time looking at each and eliminating any that I thought I could see inclusions on. These stones all have certifications though not all are GIA. At this point I plan to continue shopping in person to get a good look at rings / stones with comparable stats to what I'm seeing online to get the best feel for what I'm able to get within my budget.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price would be $5000 for the setting and stone.

I've seen some similar stones in B&M stores that are eye clean (at least to me) and I've been pleased with them. I've been to quite a few local shops and have found one that I would feel comfortable with that is able to do a similar set up for me around the 5k mark and has a variety of excellent - very good cut, D-I stones in 1ct. range that are eye clean(I1-SI2). I spent a substantial time looking at each and eliminating any that I thought I could see inclusions on. These stones all have certifications though not all are GIA. At this point I plan to continue shopping in person to get a good look at rings / stones with comparable stats to what I'm seeing online to get the best feel for what I'm able to get within my budget.

You can't compare non-GIA/AGS stone to GIA... honestly, if you like what you see, I would not wait too long to pull the trigger, stones come and go, but if you have found what you want at your target price, don't let it go. 5K is a great price for the entire ring.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't compare non-GIA/AGS stone to GIA... honestly, if you like what you see, I would not wait too long to pull the trigger, stones come and go, but if you have found what you want at your target price, don't let it go. 5K is a great price for the entire ring.

Agreed! I wouldn't let this get away. You can always return if you change your mind for any reason. :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring and its a good deal! (Though maybe you could offer less by emailing the seller...) The return policy for credit only applies if you return it because you change your mind or something. If theres a CZ in there or something else was misrepresented you would get a full refund under their authenticity promise.

This stone scores 2.9 on HCA... so if the other one is eye clean (as Yuketiel said it was), then I'd go with it. It's also about 10% larger at 6.56 mm (vs. 6.27 mm).

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would trust Yukutiel with my first born so agreed :)

nbota34

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone who helped. I ended up going with the ring and stone from IDJ. Yuketiul was great to work with and I definitely think I got the best quality 1ct stone my budget would allow. I was tempted to go with a local very good cut stone that scored well over 2.0 HCA due to the comfort of seeing it in person but I'm so thankful I didn't. I think this stone reacts so much better (clearer / crisper). Yuketiul definately has a good eye, this stone is eye clean (to my standards) and faces up very white! I'm very happy with the way it looks in all different lighting situations.

Excuse my poor iPhone photography. Can't wait for her to have it. Only about a week and a half away! IMG_3460.JPG IMG_3461.JPG

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's lovely! Congratulations:)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! Congrats!! :appl:

ryan23

Rough_Rock
Wow, that's nice.

What's the best way to get ahold of Yuketiul? Phone or email...?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's nice.

What's the best way to get ahold of Yuketiul? Phone or email...?

You can call and ask for him so you can convey your wants but he may ask you to also send him an email so he can keep track! He's a busy fella! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results