shape
carat
color
clarity

She''s here, she''s here! My sapphire e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Wee_Spud

Rough_Rock
The eagle has landed, the eagle has landed!!

She''s here, and she''s so lovely
1.gif

Thank you so much to everyone who offered advice and really helpful criticism and suggestions - I ended up with a sapphire that I adore, and a custom ring that I am so excited about wearing. I''m so totally in love with it, I just had to share!

Her name is Rosemary
9.gif
(please tell me I''m not alone in naming my engagement ring?)

RosemaryFingers40KB.jpg

Wee_Spud

Rough_Rock
Here she be on my hand, where she belongs...

RosemaryHand60KB.jpg

Wee_Spud

Rough_Rock
She''s a ring after my own heart - she loves peonies too!

RosemaryLovesPeonies68KB.jpg

Wee_Spud

Rough_Rock
She''s my first real colored stone, and I can''t get over how sparkly she is!

RosemaryHangsOutWithPeonies76KB.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, Rosemary is just gorgeous!!! I love the color. Congratulations!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rosemary, I like your setting!

Wee_Spud

Rough_Rock
This is the last one, I promise.

It really shows the color of the stone - I wanted a sapphire the color of the sea, a rich blue-green, and that''s exactly what we found!

Here she is hanging out with my engagement gift to my fiance, a Japanese wakizashi (the shorter companion sword worn by samurai with the katana). I''ll admit, I named the sword Penelope... and it stuck
5.gif

RosemaryPenelopeSmall64KB.jpg

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, she''s beautiful! Can you post more pictures of the profile of the setting? I love profile shots!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
She''s beautiful. If I may ask, who did your ring setting? It''s very pretty and unique.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! Can''t say my ering has a name, but all of my stones have genders though
9.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a GORGEOUS ring! The color is amazing - I keep thinking, Caribbean ocean! And your setting is marvelous ... reminds me of a Tudor rose. More pics, more pics!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It just glows! It is really beautiful! Great pics too!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You ring is gorgeous and I love your setting. It looks like flower petals. Please tell us where you purchased your setting
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! What a fun setting!
36.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Rosemary is such a beauty!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting...Rosemary is gorgeous!

That setting reminds me of a buttercup setting. Does that type of setting have a name? It''s very pretty!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I love the color.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the ring...the stone and setting are both stunning!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely and unique.
emsmile.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! So incredibly pretty and . . . girly! Love it!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
very pretty. Love the setting

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow, so pretty, and I love the setting - looks very vintage.
And no, you''re not alone. I named mine Perry
5.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
What cool and unique ring! The color is STUNNING!!! LOVE IT!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on your engagement!
Your ring is beautiful! I love both the colour of the stone and the unique setting
36.gif
36.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 5:18:59 PM
Author:Wee_Spud
The eagle has landed, the eagle has landed!!

She''s here, and she''s so lovely
1.gif

Thank you so much to everyone who offered advice and really helpful criticism and suggestions - I ended up with a sapphire that I adore, and a custom ring that I am so excited about wearing. I''m so totally in love with it, I just had to share!

Her name is Rosemary
9.gif
(please tell me I''m not alone in naming my engagement ring?)
lol @ the eagle!
9.gif

Rosemary is absolutely beautiful! The colour of the sapphire is gorgeous and the setting is so unique!

And nope, you''re not alone in naming your ring - all my favourite rings have names and one of them is Piglet (don''t ask).

Wee_Spud

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your kind words!!

I had Rosemary custom made by Green Lake Jewelry Works in Seattle (www.greenlakejewelry.com). I worked with Ellie, and she was amazing! I was a bit nervous doing the whole custom thing from an ocean away, and I wasn''t entirely certain what I was looking for, but I posted some inspiration pictures to my "design page" and said lots of words like "whimsical, sweet, feminine, delicate" and Ellie ran with them and made some great sketches with lots of options.

It was such a fun process, and I''m so happy that my ring was a collaborative artistic effort between my fiance and I (although, let''s face it, Ellie did most of the work). I was also really surprised by how reasonably priced they were - I''d read some reviews here praising the craftsmanship (which is wonderful indeed!) but mentioning that they were pricey. Maybe it''s just because I was upfront about our budget (grad student + med student + engagement ring = ramen noodles
7.gif
), but in the end, Rosemary was much more affordable than we''d expected. So I''m thinking... matching earrings?
37.gif

Here are some pictures that Green Lake took and sent with Rosemary, which show the setting. As best as I can describe it, the bit that looks like a rose it a "ribbon" of sorts that wraps around the top of the setting, from prong to prong.

DSCN6848.jpg

Wee_Spud

Rough_Rock
One of the inspiration rings that I really liked had these two cross bar things on the side... it looked a whole lot like an angry alien face glaring out, so I was pretty specific about wanting no creepy faces. Ellie had several really lovely suggestions for the side of the gallery, including some with filigree or beading, but in the end, my fiance and I agreed that we liked this simple, open look best.

DSCN6830.jpg

Wee_Spud

Rough_Rock
Here''s another profile-y shot of Rosemary.

DSCN6844.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results