carat
color
clarity

Show off your colored diamonds!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rhbgirl24|1294342247|2815902 said:
Kenny - I have to say I am most jealous over your FCD collection than ANY other collection or single item on PS!

It is absolutely STUNNING! Yum YUm yum! You've done an outstanding job putting it together!

Why, thanks rhbgirl.
What a nice thing to say.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1294417105|2816700 said:
Kenny - I have to say I am most jealous over your FCD collection than ANY other collection or single item on PS!

It is absolutely STUNNING! Yum YUm yum! You've done an outstanding job putting it together!

Why, thanks rhbgirl.

You're welcome. Its true. I showed them to my husband and he couldn't believe the color saturation on all of them. He loves the orange! :)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
drool, drool, drool,
Kenny just gorgeous, love the colors together.
your collection is totally responsible for me checking out
FCD's ha ha

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rhbgirl24|1294419080|2816732 said:
kenny|1294417105|2816700 said:

Why, thanks rhbgirl.

You're welcome. Its true. I showed them to my husband and he couldn't believe the color saturation on all of them. He loves the orange! :)

Lucky him.
Even though it is the only Vivid in my tiny collection its cost was negligible compared the others.
Vivid is the most expensive color saturation grade, but orange-yellow is one of the most affordable hues.
People who don't prefer red, green and blue are very lucky indeed. :bigsmile:

Thanks Bebe, welcome to the poorhouse.
Take a seat here on the dirt floor next to me.
These fishheads and rice ain't that bad when you get used to it.. ;(

I think my next will be either pure brown or something in the brown orange region of the color wheel.
Many of them look very very red and mysterious.
I'd love to acquire a collection of FCDs in all the colors we see in fire and set them together in a design that resembles fire, with a glowing blue pear at the heart of it.
Plus, many of the colors in fire are among the most affordable FCDs. :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1292329194|2796418 said:
Tuckins1|1292325877|2796411 said:
Love this thread!!! Wasn't there someone who had a big ol' black pear with a halo? I just love that ring!! Anyone know where to find it?

I was just oggling this on the CS thread yesterday! It is seriously dramatic :sun: LovingDiamonds' 4ct black pear, hope she doesn't mind the reposting

4ctblack-LD.jpg

Just saw this, thanks Yssie! :wavey:

portia

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1294332686|2815784 said:
They've been posted elsewhere but since this is THE FCD thread I should update with our new GIA Orange-Yellow 0.19 ct VVS2 heart.
Here it's on a flower of the herb, rosemary.

Wow, Kenny!! You have an amazing collection! I love how you photographed the orange heart on the purple orchid. :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
periwinklegirl|1292914023|2802524 said:
Here's my blue (yes, it's lab-grown), but what a colour difference from the irradiated blues a few of you have posted. It's a Fancy Intense, 0.72C, from D.NEA.

Aren't coloured diamonds the hardest thing to photograph?

Loving all those pinks, by the way, especially the pink/red and that gorgeous all-pink eternity. My next project, now that I've found my wedding ring, will be with pinks.

I just found this thread and I have to say that I'm so thrilled you put it up Amy!!! Colored diamonds are my favorite stones. Everyone has such beautiful gems, that I could write a novel of how much glorious eye candy I've just seen.

Now this is one gorgeous stone, and if I had to own a synthetic, it would be this. Just amazing. The Hope Diamond wishes it was this color (it's very grey IRL).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1294332686|2815784 said:
They've been posted elsewhere but since this is THE FCD thread I should update with our new GIA Orange-Yellow 0.19 ct VVS2 heart.
Here it's on a flower of the herb, rosemary.

. . . gulp!! Okay, I know you posted a lot of photos of these, but I am visually stunned by each new photo you take. Your photos represent Mother Nature in all her finest glory. These stones are really miracles of nature. Your collection is so beautiful Kenny. I also think your newest one, the yellow-orange, really compliments the collection. Well done! :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SmallSparkle|1292553035|2799213 said:
I think i found my side stones, 0.05ct Fancy Light Bluish Gray.

Other options were yellow or pink, but i think the Bluish Gray looks the best.

Blue and pink. Stunning!! :love:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! I can add mine
.60 yellow with green flor in a Leon Mege 3 stone (D side ovals)

withflash.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny,

The photo of your collection is mind-blowing! I know how hard these are to photograph well - I'm very impressed!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Why tourmaline_lover, how kind!
Thank you so much! It really truly is much more beautiful IRL. Someone else on PS had a similar style ring only it was a double-halo and they had a gorgeous glamour shot of it. My ring looks a lot like this, only a little more intense blue. I'll see if I can find it. Here it is.

Oh, but I think you've seen it already. Oh well, it's so beautiful it deserves to be re-posted. And it's a lab-grown too.

And thanks to everyone for sharing their beautiful stones! This is my favorite eye-candy thread, hands down!

blue w double halo.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope my unset stones can play in this sandbox too. The pink is a 0.27 ct GIA certified Fancy Intense Purplish Pink with faint blue fluorescence, which I just purchased from Leibish this past December 2011. I don’t remember the stats of the orangish yellow pear but IIRC, it’s approximately a 0.6 ct pear.

FCDCombo7.jpg
Indoor under fluorescent lighting.

FCDCombo5.jpg
Outdoors so the fluorescence kicked in a little.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby: :love: :love: :love:
periwinklegirl: your blue diamond ring is gorgeous!
chrono: can't wait to see the finished ring!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
periwinklegirl|1294725206|2819510 said:
Why tourmaline_lover, how kind!
Thank you so much! It really truly is much more beautiful IRL. Someone else on PS had a similar style ring only it was a double-halo and they had a gorgeous glamour shot of it. My ring looks a lot like this, only a little more intense blue. I'll see if I can find it. Here it is.

Oh, but I think you've seen it already. Oh well, it's so beautiful it deserves to be re-posted. And it's a lab-grown too.

And thanks to everyone for sharing their beautiful stones! This is my favorite eye-candy thread, hands down!

You just picked out one of my all time favorite rings on Pricescope, and it's synthetic. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that ring. These synthetic blues are so fabulous. I'm not as much of a fan of the irradiated blues, although some are very very nice, but I like the more delicate greyish blues of the synthetic stones. They are colored by Boron, like natural blue diamonds.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1294758831|2819686 said:
I hope my unset stones can play in this sandbox too. The pink is a 0.27 ct GIA certified Fancy Intense Purplish Pink with faint blue fluorescence, which I just purchased from Leibish this past December 2011. I don’t remember the stats of the orangish yellow pear but IIRC, it’s approximately a 0.6 ct pear.

FCDCombo7.jpg
Indoor under fluorescent lighting.

FCDCombo5.jpg
Outdoors so the fluorescence kicked in a little.

Great colors together Chrono!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missydebby|1294721071|2819484 said:
YAY! I can add mine
.60 yellow with green flor in a Leon Mege 3 stone (D side ovals)

withflash.jpg

Very very nice!! Looks radioactive! :love:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks... radioactive is just what I was going for! See, it's a mother's ring and my daughter's birthstone is a peridot. I like peridots but wanted something hard for a ring. Looked at a lot of possibilities and decided on a vivd (i think) yellow with strong green florescence. I love the character it gives: very yellow and soft indoors and bright lime outdoors. I described to Perry, at Leon Mege, what I wanted and he totally nailed it for a price I could handle.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missydebby|1294777860|2819963 said:
Thanks... radioactive is just what I was going for! See, it's a mother's ring and my daughter's birthstone is a peridot. I like peridots but wanted something hard for a ring. Looked at a lot of possibilities and decided on a vivd (i think) yellow with strong green florescence. I love the character it gives: very yellow and soft indoors and bright lime outdoors. I described to Perry, at Leon Mege, what I wanted and he totally nailed it for a price I could handle.

Well, if you're ever looking for another neon lime green stone that is hard, there are some very neon chrysoberyls out there (very hard and very durable). However, nothing is like a colored diamond. ;)) Beautiful choice :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here's a couple more of my light brown stone that Brian Gavin recut for me. WF is making a custom mount for it that's only a week from completion. These pics give some idea of the color I see in some light. This stone really has a lot of personality and looks very different as the light changes.

LittleBrown.jpg

Brown-Friends.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain|1294792199|2820164 said:
Here's a couple more of my light brown stone that Brian Gavin recut for me.

Andelain, if you don't mind my asking, was getting your stone re-cut very expensive? I'm asking because I have one I'm considering getting recut, but I don't know if it's worth it. It wasn't a very valuable stone, but that may be because I bought it in Indonesia. It's a nice warm M and quite good clarity, but it's badly cut. It has a visible culet and not enough facets on the pavillion. It's a decent size though, 0.67, so if ended up a bit smaller (but sparklier), it would worth it. Can you comment on how you decided?

Anyone else had experience with this?

acebruin - Thanks so much for your kind words! I'll be posting more pics with my full set once my band is resized (I'm getting married in a few weeks).

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The latest incarnation of the Kennyllection of natural FCDs with natural color origin per GIA.

CW from top
0.23 ct Fancy Vivid Green Yellow, strong green fluor
0.26 ct Fancy Intense Green
0.16 ct Fancy Intense Green Blue
0.08 ct Fancy Intense Greenish Blue
0.12 ct Fancy Grayish Violet
0.27 Fancy Deep Purplish Pink
0.19 Fancy Vivid Orange-Yellow

Another is about to ship, a 0.33 ct Fancy Vivid Yellowish Orange pear, strong yellow fluor.

Picture 10.png

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny,
Another stunning photo! You are such an artist!
I love, love, love that violet stone!

Thanks for sharing your beauties!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Wow Kenny, what a collection of kickin' beauties. *Drool* barely covers it. Ahh... must resist FCDs... :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Kenny,
Your stones look surreal, and I mean that as a huge compliment. I love love love that violet diamond.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
The three pears top to bottom: .25ct Dark greenish yellow (red fluor), .35ct GIA Fancy Deep brownish Yellow (greenish fluor) .51 deep yellowish brown (no fluor)
together%20009.png
.35 and .51 for color comparison
compare%200051.png
.51 Fire shot
halfsies%20014.png
.25ct Fancy Light yellow Orange in a 14kt Gold bezel (strong yellow fluor)
stuffs%20029.png
.25ct Dark greenish Yellow
forest%20054.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamonds and pics. :appl:
Great idea in last one for something to hold them.

Can you do a UV shot of that red fluorescence? :love:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

The red is faint forest%20fluor%20002.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am thoroughly enjoying all the pictures--thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
davi_el_mejor|1298759351|2860098 said:

The red is faint forest%20fluor%20002.png

A salt shaker! Brilliant!

You got yourself a red diamond, and I'm green with envy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results