shape
carat
color
clarity

My wide band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeanette

Rough_Rock
Here it is in diffrent light

MVC-179X.jpg small.jpg

jeanette

Rough_Rock
On my finger.

MVC-173X.jpg small.jpg

jeanette

Rough_Rock
I just love it..

MVC-181X.jpg small.jpg

jeanette

Rough_Rock
This one is a little dark..

Jeanette

MVC-175X.jpg small.jpg

jeanette

Rough_Rock

wrstacks

it’s me the gold wedding set was a 1.25 diamond and a wedding ring with .50 diamonds in it they were my mother’s rings.
The wide gold band is a 10mm yellow gold band. I look bad in yellow.
I told my husband I wanted a wide band and not knowing he got it for me.
I wore the set you asked about for around four years. 20 years ago.
None of the rings fit any more from that set and my daughter now has them. She wears them as a right hand set.
I just love my new wide platinum band .

Jeanette

chol

Rough_Rock
Wow! Your sense of style is amazing! Despite the relatively massive nature of your bands, your complete ensemble is graceful and elegant. I''m impressed.

Were you always "into" wide bands, or did your unique style evolve over a long period of time?

jeanette

Rough_Rock
here is the picture a little lighter.

MVC-175X.jpg small.jpg brite.jpg

jeanette

Rough_Rock

Chol

I have always been into wide bands.
I wore a wide band on my right hand from the age of about 15 years old.
When I got married I asked for a wide band for my left hand, my mother heard me ask so she gave my husband my grandmother’s ring pictured at the start.
The 12mm gold band that I wear with my emerald ring has now been on my right hand for over 30 years. My grandmother’s ring was ok for a few years when my fingers were size 5 but now I wear a size 8.
I have long fingers, the thin rings don’t look good on me and they cut into my finger.
Being I am six foot one inch tall I prefer the wider band.
I also wear two wide silver cuff bracelets 2 1/2 inch wide on each wrist.
I like those also.
Jeanette
19.gif

jeanette

Rough_Rock

Here is a picture of a wide band I wore before I was married in fact I think this picture was taken in high school some 3- + years ago.

Jeanette

d6fe_1.jpg

chol

Rough_Rock
Very attractive and striking! You seem to be blessed with both long and slender fingers, plus a vision of a great style. And, you implement it beautifully. I would image that you get a lot of positive comments on your bands. What spontaneous comments do you most usually get from others?

My other question is whether you have found a downside to wide bands. For example, have you had problems with callouses developing on you fingers? Are there some activities you can''t do with your bands on? Do you get into situations where you have to "de-band"? Or do you wear your bands for relatively long periods of time without problems?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
this thread has got me looking at used wide bands on ebay!

jeanette

Rough_Rock

chol

I will usually get comments like don''t you know that thin rings are the in thing!

I never did listen to what the current fashion is I just did what I wanted and what made me happy.

No to the calluses on the fingers I have never found a down side to the wide bands other than sizing.
Once I got the size to fit then there was no problem I leave them an all the time except when I take a bath. I even sleep with them on. My emerald ring I wear under my 12mm white gold band on my right ring finger, Does come off I would hate to damage it while at work. I wear it around the house and non work type environment.
My thumb ring I have had on now for over four or five years and have not removed it.

Jeanette

MVC-185X.jpgXX.jpg

bbbkkk

Rough_Rock
Jeanette
Your bands is very beautiful , your style is graceful. I''m impressed with your style. This picture is the best , simple classic band on long finger. My question is are You happy with your bands and how is feeling when You wear them.
I have wide band , but I don''t have enough courage for wearing it.Wich will be your advice.I think about comments.Post more pics.

jeanette

Rough_Rock
WIB
I am very happy with my bands I have worn wide bands for over 30 years now. I don’t know what you mean how do they feel?
Please wear your wide band and send in a picture
Jeanette

jean.jpg

jeanette

Rough_Rock
A diffrent angle of my new ring

Jeanette

jeanette7.jpg

jeanette

Rough_Rock
Here is how I wore my rings for many years before I was married.
I would wear a marquise cut onyx ring then the 12mm wide band on top of it.
I wore this combo firm high school until I was married when I was 37 yrs.

Jeanette

jeanette8.jpg

jeanette

Rough_Rock
I found a picture of some rings I don''t wear any more their too small.

Jeanette

67_1.jpg

bbbkkk

Rough_Rock
Jeanette
When did you wear this band , what size is it? What size is your new band?

chol

Rough_Rock
I was curious about your 14mm band. I have never seen one wider than 12mm, even in a large jewelry store. Even searching the internet, I found one 14mm band, but it was tapered. Although probably more comfortable, a tapered band is just "not the same" as a basic band. Is your 14mm band "comfort fit" or is it a basic "D" cross-section? Ideas of where to get a 14mm band?

jeanette

Rough_Rock
chol
Hi.
The most recent platinum band I got this last Christmas is the band I always wanted it is a 5/8" Wide basic D design
My husband had it custom made at a place here in Phoenix Az, called London gold.
I know it had cost him a lot but he won''t tell me the exact amount. I had a silver 5/8" silver band before and had just said I liked its size better than all of my other rings. One day I noticed it was missing for about a month. I thought that I had placed in a different area. but...SURPRIZE.
I do not care for the tapered bands at all. I felt that it takes away from the feel and fit of the ring.
Jeanette

chol

Rough_Rock
Jeanette,

I think I know what you mean. I don''t like the tapered bands, either, for the same reasons you described. Although I do like the "comfort fit" or the bands with the "inside round" because they are heavier, have a more massive feel, and appear to fit looser.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
what is a d band verses a tappered band? Thanks

jeanette

Rough_Rock
woobug02

A "D" band has straight wall on the inside a comfort fit is more rounded on the inside.
If you were to cut the ring in half and looked at it on edge, it would have a D shape to it.

jeanette

Rough_Rock
Today is the 25th year of wearing my wide band and emerald on my right hand.

MVC-238X.JPG

jeanette

Rough_Rock
Today is the 25th year of wearing my wide band and emerald on my right hand.

MVC-240X.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been stacking 3 4mm bands and I really love the look on my hand. Not quite one wide band, but I don''t think I''m a pumpkin on a toothpick sort of gal LOL

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
I always loved my wedding band by itself, which is about 8mm at its widest (it''s a claddagh and DH has a matching one), but with my ering, I feel like it overpowers the diamond. I have two 1.5mm diamond stacking rings I can wear with it for added bling, but I''m starting to think about getting a thin wedding band. I want to wear my diamond all the time, and I don''t want it overwhelmed. So bummed because I love my wedding ring. I''m still trying to come up with a solution.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 1:38:19 PM
Author: ebonykawai
I always loved my wedding band by itself, which is about 8mm at its widest (it''s a claddagh and DH has a matching one), but with my ering, I feel like it overpowers the diamond. I have two 1.5mm diamond stacking rings I can wear with it for added bling, but I''m starting to think about getting a thin wedding band. I want to wear my diamond all the time, and I don''t want it overwhelmed. So bummed because I love my wedding ring. I''m still trying to come up with a solution.
there''s always the other hand :) claddagh rings transition well to the right hand... then again, so do diamonds ;-)

jeanette

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of a 12 mm band and my E ring. I wear them both on my right hand

band and E.JPG

chol

Rough_Rock
Do you usually wear the wide band "on top" of the more narrow band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results