shape
carat
color
clarity

Jackets from IDJ!!! Not sure if they work with my studs...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Jackets from IDJ!!! Not sure if they work with my studs.

I actually don't love the airline, and it seems like you don't either, so I'd return them/let your mom have them. I much prefer them with the pearls because they fit perfectly!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not a fan of an airline- but I think your actually work. I'd keep them :)

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

I am surprised that I don't mind the air line at all, as others have said. I think your studs and the jackets look really great together! :appl:

I also really love the pearl studs with the jackets! That is a beautiful look. Now, I am reallythinking I "need" some jackets to dres up my pearls. I need to stay off PS ... it's dangerous here! :lol:

Efriede

Shiny_Rock

Oy, I absolutely love them with your studs, looks terrific on you. Please keep and enjoy them!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The jackets are fabulous - I LOVE the scalloped edges. As are your studs(of course :cheeky:)!

But oh, I'm just not loving the airline either :sick: It's bigger than I was expecting - I really expected that the prongs would eat up all the extra room. I love an airline in rings but... it just looks a bit too much like a bullseye target on the ear to me :sick:

They are incredible with your pearls though! :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like them. BUT I like airlines in general (in jewelry, not in travel). I like the way they make the halo distinct from the center stone, so it's not just a big glob of sparkle.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Thank you thing2, Amy's Bling, Blueiris, Efriede, Yssie, and distracts for chiming in!

Blueiris - I am surprised by how much I am loving them with the pearls! PS is definitely dangerous, after seeing aljdewey's thread I'm thinking I need a few pairs of colored stone studs if I end up keeping these jackets :Up_to_something:

Yssie and Thing2 - The only reason I'm thinking of keeping these even though I don't love the airline (although its really not as bad in real life as it is in the pics) is that I'll probably end up upgrading to 1 ctw studs, maybe even as soon as this year, and these jackets would then be perfect for my studs. So I'm nervous that if I wait to buy the jackets until then, the price will have gone up... I'm thinking I might try to sell my loose JA diamond rather than setting it in a pendant (I rarely wear necklaces) and use that money to fund the upgrade.

ETA - One question - if I do upgrade my studs, what carat weight do you think will work if I plan to do 8-prong settings again? Normally these jackets are made for 1/2 ct stones but I'm wondering if I would need to go a tad smaller.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock

I love your jackets with the pearls. The combo looks awesome to my eye and I also like them with your studs. I am not a big fan of airlines either but I just picked up my jackets from IDJ today and there is most definitely a small airline in mine too but I think that pictures taken close up really magnify this. I believe that in person the airline is much less noticeable but only you can decide if the airline is acceptable to your eyes. I did end up not purchasing the 3 pointers I had ordered. I ultimately ended up with the same jackets with 5 pointers. Had my hubby and mom with me and the consensus was the 3 pointers were the way to go but I (the lone dissenter) just had to have the 5 pointers! I hope that you will be happy with your purchase.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hmm, hard decision. But I think my answer would be to wait until you get your final upgrade studs and then get jackets. It seems a little risky to me to get them now and then you may later end up with something like .60 each which might not fit in these jackets. I just wouldn't want that restriction. I would be in the same boat having stones that are between sizes of their jackets, unfortunately! But I want a pair for colored stones and pearls, because I love yours with pearls!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock

I also love your jackets with pearls, by the way what is the diameter of your pearls? They fit perfect together!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

JLW05 - I agree that the airline is much less noticeable in real life than it is in the photos. And now your purchase has got me wondering if I should have went with the 5-pointers :Up_to_something: Maybe if I sell these ones to my mom and wait to buy the jackets until I upgrade, I'll consider checking out the 5-pointers.

DS - At first I was thinking the same thing, that I might eventually upgrade to larger than 0.50 ct each. Buuuttt my e-ring stone is 0.79ct and I won't be upgrading that for at least 15 years so while I have my current e-ring, I don't really want to go too much bigger in the studs than 0.50 ct each. I know its probably silly but I feel like the diamonds in the studs should be a certain amount smaller than the e-ring. And I definitely recommend getting a pair for colored stone and pearl studs! After seeing aljdewey's thread, I think I NEED a pair of sapphire studs :naughty:

Efeide - I'm not sure of the measurements of the pearls, I will measure them when I get home tonight. That is a good question though, because that would determine exactly what size diamond studs I would need to upgrade to for them to fit.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock

Stargurl, both the 3 pointers and 5 pointers are lovely and it was a difficult choice. I was looking for something I can wear with evening wear for special occasions and I thought that the 5 pointers had just a bit more pop for that purpose but I would have had more flexibility in terms of wear with the 3 pointers. Truthfully, I would have loved to have purchased both!!!!! Either way I could not have gone wrong.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I say #1. The airline doesnt bother me. I would also buy some inexpensive (yet nice) colored stones to wear with them.
Upgrade down the road when you are ready...no bit hurry IMO.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock

I thought I was going to be bothered by the air line, but not on your ears. I think they look fabulous! You are definately going to start a new trend with the pearls! :naughty:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Ok, so I've decided to KEEP THEM! The airline doesn't bother me terribly but I'm considering upgrading my studs anyways. I'm going to try to sell some jewelry items that aren't getting any wear and hopefully it will help out with at least a portion of the upgrade.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

They are perfect! so glad you are keeping them!!! :appl:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock

Glad you are going to keep them!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

They look great! And they are STUNNING with the pearls. :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results