shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Introducing: my delicate, pretty, custom made e-ring!

purplelilac

Rough_Rock
This forum has been a great educational tool for myself when I was researching diamonds, designs etc. and I have saved and showed many pictures to my jeweller.

As such, here is my contribution back, the pictures of my own e-ring. I wanted something that was simple, very delicate looking, and of course, sparkly :) I worked with a local jeweller who I'd say is a real craftsman and passionate about what he does and the whole experience of creating something from scratch has been wonderful.

For anyone lurking the boards that is considering custom ring making, I would say, definitely go for it, it is worth it! There is just so much more meaning to a ring when you've participated in the process of seeing it evolve from an idea to it's final shape and form. It is like witnessing a work of art being created (true!).

And here we go ..

ring1_32.jpg
ring3_20.jpg
ring5_17.jpg
ring10_1.jpg

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
WOW :love: :appl: :love:
That is really stunning!! A perfect mix of classic/modern/vintage! What are the stats?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!! Tell us more about the center stone, please! The milgrain is so delicate and lovely. How great that you were able to work with a local craftsman too.

purplelilac

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Full details of the diamond (including close up images) are in my previous topic from earlier this year. Here is a summary:
GIA - rated the main diamond as 1.19 carat, G, SI1 [high grade, just escaped VS rating], excellent cut.
EGL - I had the ring appraised through EGL after it was made. EGL rates it as 1.19 carat, color F-G, VS1, ex-ex-ex. Total of 38 round brilliant cut smaller diamonds that are around D-E colour, VVS1-VS1.

purplelilac

Rough_Rock
I really don't remember .. I'll have to ask the jeweler when I go back in :) Something tells me it was just over 7 but I'll have to confirm.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful, purplelilac!! Very nice- it will be a timeless design that you won't tire of - congratulations!!!! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely, especially on your finger! congrats! :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! What a timeless design, you did a fabulous job designing your ring. Congratulations!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!!! Congrats on your engagement! :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the milgrain and the diamond detail in the basket :love: Beautiful ring!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to, you can share the name of your local jeweler. The workmanship looks incredibly fine and the ring, while oh so delicate, has great presence. I love it, especially on your hand.

KuipersBelt

Rough_Rock
congratulations! Your babe is awesome beautiful, wear it on good heatlh, the last pic shows the basket and it is so delicate :twirl:

please share more handshots and the name of your amazing artisan.

Hugs

:wavey:

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
congrats on your stunning ring

the proportions and finish look superb!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous, your jeweler did a wonderful job on your ring.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1353734386|3313840 said:
If you want to, you can share the name of your local jeweler. The workmanship looks incredibly fine and the ring, while oh so delicate, has great presence. I love it, especially on your hand.

I agree, I was struck by how well crafted this ring is. The millgrain is so delicate and perfect. Congratulations on a stunning heirloom! :appl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1353755909|3313918 said:
minousbijoux|1353734386|3313840 said:

I agree, I was struck by how well crafted this ring is. The millgrain is so delicate and perfect. Congratulations on a stunning heirloom! :appl:

+2 Beautiful ring! I absolutely love the milgrain!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results