shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW AVC + AVR Bezel Eternity Band by BGD!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! After receiving my amazeballs AVC e-ring, I decided that I would be wearing my e-ring and future w-band on separate hands so as to avoid damaging my e-ring (I also think it is so pretty that it ought to stand alone!). I planned to wear my wedding band with a very narrow plain band and really wanted something unique and of the diamond eternity variety. I was also leaning towards bezels and milgraining so that the band had a little something in common with my e-ring. I did a lot of band-browsing and found that I just wasn't in love with any of the bezel bands out there. I also really liked the idea of having a one of a kind wedding band. So I did what any crazy Pricescoper would do and built my own dream band!

Step 1: Got in touch with the fabulous Marie at Good Old Gold and explained that my one AVC just wasn't enough ( :love: ) and that I wanted to buy many, many more. 12, to be specific. :loopy: A hand-selected mix of AVCs and AVRS, all around .25 ct.

Step 2: Emailed Lesley at Brian Gavin Diamonds. I've worked with Lesley and BGD a number of times in the past and just adore them and really wanted them to be involved in the project. I drew up a few sketches of how I wanted the band to look (light on the metal, heavy on the sparkle, a pinch of milgraining for good flavor...) and sent those off. The project ended up being a bit complicated due to the various shapes/sizes of my AVC/AVR mix, but Lesley and Brian were incredibly patient and helpful and painstakingly designed the perfect band. Lesley was fantastic, as usual, and answered every email and even sent me progress shots.

Step 3: Waited impatiently for my band to be complete. Last night I received an email from Lesley informing me that the band was complete and that sneak peek shots were on their way. The band will not arrive until later this week, but I couldn't wait to share the pictorial journey with my Pricescopers.

Here are a few early shots of my new band! Will post the sneak peek shots as soon as they arrive and hand shots later in the week. And then the band gets locked away for months and months until the big day!

my stones.jpg

CAD 1.jpg

CAD 2.jpg

CAD 3.jpg

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Wow LittleSparkle - your are going to be "SuperHumungousSparkle" once you get that baby on her hand! It looks beautiful in the glamour shot. I can't wait to see more pictures. You have awesome taste. :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see the IRL hand shots. That is going to be an awesome ring!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see the IRL hand shots. That is going to be an awesome ring!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hubba, hubba! That is looking to be one fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine bezeled eternity band!

Um.

::shakes head::

Sorry, I don't know HOW I just turned into one of the guys who hands out the smarmy compliments - but if they're half as sincere as I am, suddenly, I feel much more kindly disposed to them ....

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow! it looks amazing!! i can't wait to see real life shots and handshots! really cool design!

are you really going to be able to resist wearing it though? when is the big day?

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZA! I didn't scroll down to see the pictures straight away... but I was already drooling as you were describing it, what a ring!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
motownmama-thank you!!
moosemom-and I can't wait to see your AVC in its new home! :naughty:
minmin001 and Bella_mezzo-I also can't wait to see, and take, hand shots! I've been checking my email every 2.5 minutes to see if the glamour shots have arrived...
ame-thank you :twirl:
Circe-on behalf of my bezel band, thank you for the smarmy comment! Snorted when I read this one...
slg47 and JuneRose- thank you for the lovely comments! I don't know that I will be able to resist wearing the band so I will be promptly locking it into the safe deposit box, safely out of my house/hands. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait until June to take it out from under lock and key. I had the band created a bit early because I rushed to buy the first parcel of tiny AVCs/AVRS when they became available since I wasn't sure when the next batch would arrive. I was also a bit worried about the next diamond price hike preventing me from creating my dream band...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! It's going to be GORGEOUS. Please tell me you'll post the sneak peek shots for us to ogle even though you can't wear it until June!

ETA I posted too soon! WOW I LOVE IT GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Wear it in good health! (And good luck not wearing that beauty until June! :cheeky: )

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Amazing! I cant wait to see hand shots!

pixies

Shiny_Rock
thing2of2|1317152367|3027106 said:
WOW! It's going to be GORGEOUS. Please tell me you'll post the sneak peek shots for us to ogle even though you can't wear it until June!

ETA I posted too soon! WOW I LOVE IT GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Wear it in good health! (And good luck not wearing that beauty until June! :cheeky: )
I definitely don't have that sort of will power.

I bet this will be a show-stopper. I can't wait for hand shots!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
looking gorgeous

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Beautiful!! Wear it in good health,bet you cant wait for June!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Lorrrd that is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

What a unique piece. Please do come back with handshots once you receive it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, that is stunning!!!!!!! Holy Cow, you can't wear it till June? That is cruel and unusual punishment! What did you do to deserve
such treatment? Oh I get it, you won't get married till June. Still, too hard for me!

mesmerized

Rough_Rock
When I saw the first photos I was thinking wow this is totally unique! Then I scrolled down and saw the wax mold and thought I love to see the progress.
Then seeing the finished ring – it's wow that is so beautiful and boy the milgrain is spectacular and really showcases the diamonds. The milgrain seems to be made for this ring. Perfection.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dayaaaam, that gave me a hot flash. Eagerly awaiting hand shots. Congrats!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Wow--lucky you to have both AVRs and AVCs. This is really going to sparkle on your finger...can't wait to see the handshot!!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
It is really unique and I am sure is one of a kind!! Do post many handshots after you received it together with your E-ring!!
You would definitely like it!!! Oh lovely!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results