shape
carat
color
clarity

A Nightingale for Gailey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Gailey, this band is going to be a stunner! Can''t wait to see it finished!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 10:42:58 AM
Author: AdiS

me two!!!!!!!!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks AdiS, me too!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 11:11:11 AM
Author: Amethyste

me two!!!!!!!!!!
Me 3 Amethyste!

Bit of an update on the two accent diamonds. Having thought through the whole "pink" thing, I decided not to. Instead I have opted to have the white diamonds bezelled in 18K yellow gold. I passed that on to Lesley yesterday.

I will ask her what happens next. I''m guessing the wax ....

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see it finished!! It''s gonna be beautiful!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2009 11:31:51 AM
Author: Gailey

Bit of an update on the two accent diamonds. Having thought through the whole ''pink'' thing, I decided not to. Instead I have opted to have the white diamonds bezelled in 18K yellow gold. I passed that on to Lesley yesterday.

Hmmm... Gailey: did you happen to notice Shimmer''s thread over in the colored stones forum>

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tester-pink-diamond-melee-arrived-pics.124815/

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 9:43:11 PM
Author: VRBeauty

Date: 9/9/2009 11:31:51 AM

Bit of an update on the two accent diamonds. Having thought through the whole ''pink'' thing, I decided not to. Instead I have opted to have the white diamonds bezelled in 18K yellow gold. I passed that on to Lesley yesterday.

Hmmm... Gailey: did you happen to notice Shimmer''s thread over in the colored stones forum>

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tester-pink-diamond-melee-arrived-pics.124815/
I did VRB, thank you. Very interesting huh? I might have to order a couple of those myself to have a look! I wonder how many I would need for a halo of an 8.0mm stone?

I think Lesley told me they were upwards of $250 each! Big difference to Africa Gems. I suspect the quality is not on par with the calibre of stones that BGD would use - no disrespect to Shimmer''s stones in any way, I thought they looked lovely.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 3:58:32 PM
Author: rhbgirl24
oooooooooo pretty! Great idea!
Thanks Rhbgirl. Lovely rings in your avvie btw. Is there a close up of them anywhere.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 8:21:50 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
Can''t wait to see it finished!! It''s gonna be beautiful!!
Thanks Luckyeshe. Another pretty ring in an avvie this morning. I love elongated stones, I think they look so elegant on fingers.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a "work in progress" shot that I received from Lesley this morning. The bezel isn''t in yet and it still needs to be polished.

This has gone with lightning speed!

wip shot for gailey.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Update:

Got an e-mail from Lesley that the ring was finished last night and will be photographed this morning and shipped this afternoon. Boy that was fast!

You will see the pictures momentarily after I do, promise!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Gailey, your ring is GORGEOUS!!!!! I absolutely LOVE it. Can''t wait to see the finished ring and on your hand.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/15/2009 12:32:27 PM
Update:

Got an e-mail from Lesley that the ring was finished last night and will be photographed this morning and shipped this afternoon. Boy that was fast!

You will see the pictures momentarily after I do, promise!
So excited! Does that mean you will get it tomorrow
6.gif
9.gif
?????

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
No, it won''t be arriving today. But that is largely my fault. Actually, it is exclusively my fault and I feel really stupid.

Yes, dumb-a$$ Gailey ordered the wrong ring! Can you believe it? The Nightingale is actually the second ring that KtIceRN developed. You can see her thread about the two rings she and BGDm developed here. The first ring (the one I wanted) was for her Mum and had a knife edge. That ring is called the "Sally".

I got the two mixed up and asked Brian and Lesley for a Nightingale, when what I really wanted was a Sally. I didn''t notice on the CAD or the work in progress shot that the knife edge wasn''t there. There are none so blind as those that will not see.

So when the pictures arrived yesterday morning, I enquired about the knife edge and Lesley told me about the Sally and I discovered my error. Because I had been so explicit in ordering the Nightingale, Lesley assumed I knew what I was talking about and didn''t think to query it.

Both rings are beautiful and I was more than prepared to accept the ring that Lesley and Brian had built for me - I mean, who on earth would not be delighted with it, right?

But God bless Lesley and Brian. They immediately talked to their head benchman, Mr Le, who sounds wonderful and said that they could fashion a knife edge without having to re-make the ring and they are doing that for me as I type. Both Lesley and Brian were just wonderful to me on the phone about it - which of course made me feel like an even worse clutz than I have been already.

Canuk-gal suggested that the rounded edge might be more comfortable and I think she has a very valid point. But the latent designer in me saw the knife edge as the culmination of the taper in the diamonds.

So hats off to Lesley and Brian, and of course to Mr Le. They have far exceeded my expectations and have been nothing short of a dream team to work with.

Here are the photos of the ring before the alteration. I will post new shots as and when I get them.

BGD 5 stone for Gailey 01.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, Gailey, and three cheers to Lesley and Brian for agreeing to fix it for you. I hope it turns out just the way you hoped!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kittybean

Here are a few handshots I asked Lesley for. I figured they were going to be better handshots than I am going to be able to do. Yes, I know this doesn''t let me off the hook! Lesley''s hands are far nicer than mine! She used to be a hand model!

These were taken before any alterations to the ring.

Gailey ring on Lesley hand.jpg

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really gorgeous! I love the slightly tapered effect with sizes of diamonds you chose
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey, it''s beautiful and I can''t wait til you have it in your hands.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see it on you!! That ring is gorgeous!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! I can''t wait until you get it.
31.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gailey, its beautiful! I can''t wait till you get it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, it is stunning IRL! Where are those pictures Miss Gailey????

cheers--Sharon

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 2:33:09 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Yes, it is stunning IRL! Where are those pictures Miss Gailey????

cheers--Sharon

*Chants*

Pictures, pictures, pictures...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Mea culpa!

OK, here you go. I am not going to bore you with all the fedex box shots that I took, but let''s just say that I have more of the box right now than the ring. I opted to pick the package up from the FEDEX depot personally. When I got it I photographed the box from every angle. Then I opened it and inside was another box and then a padded bag and finally .....

....Voila

Gailey 5 stone arrives 01.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
As you can see fantastically packaged by Lesley. I guess I was a little paranoid after Stephan''s empty box. I needn''t have worried.

And speaking of boxes .......

Gailey 5 stone arrives 02.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Yep those last two were taken right there in the Fedex office. I swear they all thought I was bonkers. I quickly snapped the lid down and went back to my car and the following shots are taken in the car. They are not particularly good shots, my hand was shaking so much. I swear I have never owned anything so lovely. I cried when I phoned Lesley. She is such a sweetheart. She told me to take the ring off and put it back in the box before I drove home. Sensible advice.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Whoops, forgot to add the next pic .....

Gailey 5 stone arrives 03.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I can honestly say that the view on the last pic is my absolute favourite way to look at it. I''m just a culet kind of girl. Now these next ones don''t do the ring justice at all. I have a lot to learn about taking photos of diamonds, which is why I haven''t posted about it since it arrived, but I''m being bitten big time by some PS heavy hitters - mentioning no names of course
35.gif

Gailey 5 stone arrives 04.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I have to say, I am absolutely in love with this ring - and I''m not a gal who has ever wanted round diamonds. I have to thank the lovely Maisie for my initial inspiration and I hope my mentioning it doesn''t upset her. The ring itself is more or less a copy of the ring that Kcoursolle created for her Mum. The diamonds in mine taper as I explained up thread and the tiny surprise diamonds are bezelled in yellow gold. Not that you can tell that from these pictures. Thank you so much Ladies.

Gailey 5 stone arrives 05.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results