shape
carat
color
clarity

Recut a round heirloom diamond

girlguineapig

Shiny_Rock
The largest, highest clarity diamond, before & after.

3-aset_before__amp__after.png

3-di_before__amp__after.png

3-ha_before__amp__after.png

3-id_before__amp__after.png

girlguineapig

Shiny_Rock
Final SARIN reports.

1-sarin_final.jpg

2-sarin_final.jpg

3-sarin_final.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Amazing! They are going to be gorgeous studs and pendant!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - they really will be a beautiful set!! Can't wait to see them!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ehr-mer-gorgeous !

Those "before" images though - eek!!

:???:

girlguineapig

Shiny_Rock
Here are the initial SARINs and recut estimates again.

I finally got the AGS grades yesterday!
1. 0.506 ct Id Cut, Ex Polish Ex Symmetry, J color, VS1 clarity, Negligible Fluor
2. 0.548 ct Id Cut, Ex Polish, Id Symmetry, H color, SI1 clarity, Negligible Fluor
3. 0.787 ct Id Cut, Id Polish, Id Symmetry, H color, VVS1 clarity, Negligible Fluor

BGD said for the larger stone that is AGS000, I have the option of having it labeled a Brian Gavin Signature Hearts and Arrows Diamond with the logo inscribed on the girdle, etc. It would cost $500, and I would have the opportunity to upgrade it in the future. $500 is a little steep but I might just go for it for the pride, hah.

I'm very pleased that the large stone was graded AGS000 and VVS1 clarity which is rather novel for me. :) Looking forward to my pendant!

The H/SI1 diamond is fine. I'm actually feeling very not mindclean about the smaller J color diamond. When buying a diamond I never consider anything below I color. That combined with the fact that the face-up diameters of the two smaller diamonds is 0.11 mm apart. So I decided to tell BGD to just send me those two loose so I can see them in person first. Wish I wasn't so neurotic about diamonds but that's how it is! I think I would have been OK if the J color was graded I color.

Still can't wait to get a look at these babies in person!

1-recut_estimate.jpg

2-recut_estimate.jpg

3-recut_estimate.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible difference! :love: I certainly think you made a very wise decision to have them recut!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a difference a recut makes...you made a good decision...They are going to be lovely! Pics when you get them back!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing results! They're going to be stunners now while still maintaining their sentimental value! :appl: ::)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! well done!... :love: :appl:

girlguineapig

Shiny_Rock
BGD managed to get me my diamonds on Valentine's Day. I haven't taken any good neck shots yet, but I'm very very pleased with my new pendant! I've been wearing it every day, and feeling happy to have something from this family member close to me all the time. I attached some glamour shots from BGD. :) I did end up certifying them as BG Signature H&A diamonds, and BGD said the trade-in value woul be $4,106.

I've set aside the two smaller rounds for now since I prefer princess studs to round studs. The H SI1 is very eyeclean to me so that's great. Maybe someday someone else in the family will find these two useful, and GOG said they could probably give me $1,450 for both of them if I ever decide to sell.

All in all a very slow, but very successful project! Anyone else interested in something like this should be prepared for a VERY long wait.

briangavin_basket_2b_021417.jpg

briangavin_basket_3b_021417.jpg

briangavin_basket_021417.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! Amazing what a recut could do...now you can enjoy and cherish it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results