shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Diamond - Comments Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

needshelpindecember

Rough_Rock
An comments on the following ring:

Cut: Radiant
Carat: 3.3
Color: D
Clarity VS2
Depth: 69.5%
Table: 73%
Pol / Sym: Good & Good
Extra Thin to Thick
Length-Width: 1.25
No Flouresence

Comments please. Will I see a fisheye or is the table too big?

Appreciated.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, in order to judge radiants, you really need to see either pictures of the diamonds or see the diamonds in person. I always use numbers to eliminate stones, but most people on this forum say not to use numbers for fancy cuts. Based on what you posted, I would eliminate this stone. The table is too big, and personally I think it''s a bit deep too. I would try to keep both table and depth in the mid sixties to get the best looking stone. But that''s just me, and I''m not an expert.

RADIANTMAN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Needs:

As Coda said, radiants are very complicated and really need to be seen to be fully evaluated. Even pictures can be pretty misleading, since differences in lighting and focus can dramatically change the appearance.

All you can do off proportion information is look for red flags. The 73 table is definitely a red flag, the 69.5 depth may or may not be, depending on the actual spread (length and width) of the stone, and how the depth is distributed between the crown and pavilion.

If you''re flexible on cut (as in decent is good enough) and the price reflects this, the stone could be ok, but you really won''t know if this is the case until you see it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you buying this sight unseen? If you have seen it already, you know more about the stone than I could possibly try to imagine with only those stats up.

It should be quite impressive by grades and size and value... Perhaps comparing with others also blessed with a very fine cut may tell you if this stone is lacking in some way.

My 2c

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results