shape
carat
color
clarity

Yipee! My Whiteflash experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock

Hi, I wanted to give you all my personal experience with WF. Some people have current threads going where they are debating about trusting an internet diamond vendor and worried about diamond quality, or having diamonds sent through the mail.

I think I posted earlier that I bought a pair of .8 ctw diamond stud earrings set in 18k white gold martini setting from WF. They were ACA diamonds and I should have loved them. Well they arrived and I opened them in great excitement and my heart fell. I thought, "Bleah!" I felt bad because these were my first diamonds and I wanted to LOVE them! I contacted WF right away, got a return authorization number, and sent them back registered mail. I expected the return mail to take a long time (because I''ve heard that registered mail takes longer, but is very safe). However, they received the earrings back within a week and emailed me the day they received them to confirm arrival. Furthermore, I got my refund check promptly too.

This time I set about doing my homework. I did a lot of shopping at B&M stores, and my husband (Canadian) wanted me to buy Canadian diamonds. I went out and looked at Hearts on Fire earrings, I looked at Tiffanys, I looked at Ben Bridge "Signature" diamonds (with extra faceting) and their Canadian "Ikuma" diamonds. After looking at so many diamonds in person I realized why I didn''t like the WF diamond studs I''d bought: 1) I needed a bigger size and 2) I really like the contrast of yellow gold against diamonds. I realized I don''t like white gold or platinum at all (going against the flow here).

So I went back to the WF site. I found two lovely, bigger ACA diamonds. I contacted Denise, and she sent me photos of the two diamonds side by side, the Idealscopes, and I could see the AGS reports myself. I loved the photos and asked them to set them in 18K yellow gold for me.

Well, they just arrived this morning. I opened them a few minutes ago (with a little worry because I did not like the first pair). My heart just stopped when I saw them. They are breathtakingly lovely! They glitter and sparkle like crazy and there is all kinds of fire shooting off them! I love the way they look with the accent of the yellow gold. I love the color. At the top (or is it bottom?) of the near colorless range, I can''t see any color at all. Or maybe the contrast of the 18k gold lends a little warmth to the white diamonds. They are .521 and .523 carats, both G/VS2.

As for my savings, the Ikuma diamonds were $5,375 (including tax) for a shade under 1 carat and SI2 clarity. These were $3644. I saved $1,700, got a shade more than a full carat, and two clarity grades better!

As one who has bought, returned, and bought again from WF, I can''t recommend them highly enough! Every step of the way they were courteous, professional, prompt, and I know that I got top quality diamonds for much less than I would have gotten from a traditional B&M store!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s wonderful...any chance you can post some pics
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats, we wanna see pictures!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
They sound gorgeous...Congratulations!
36.gif

I also would love to see pictures of them!

I love that you decided that the problem with the first pair was that they were too small!
31.gif

(In addition to the color of the gold.)

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll try to take pics, I don''t have a macro feature on my camera. . . WF sent me pictures of the diamonds side by side, but I can''t figure out how to post the picture here . . .

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, can''t wait to see pics of your new earrings, they sound fab.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad you were able to get a pair of earrings you love and at a great price! Can''t wait for the pictures.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
They sound fantastic! I cannot wait to see some pictures!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooh they sound lovely! and wf''s return policy is certainly first rate. so now... show us some pics!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
These are portar''s diamonds! Yummy!
18.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oops! Here ya go!

portars diamonds for earrings.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Those are the perfect size for earrings, too! What beauties!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Great to hear about your experience with WF. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the beautiful earrings!

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
its so funny portoar,

But I returned my .5 tcw earrings and got .8 tcw in white gold from WF......I wonder if I got your first set?

If so you can be happy knowing that they went to a good home! I love them and can''t stop watching the flashes when I ride down in our mirrored elevator.

Glad you found some lovelies for yourself!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that is too funny! I bet you did get the set I returned! Are they ACA, exactly .4 carats each, in the white gold martini setting? It''s funny, they were beautiful earrings, but so much white doesn''t look good against my skin, I really need the yellow gold; also, being almost 6'' tall, they just looked too small on me. Don''t you just love them? Hee hee

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow those are awesome, yummmm.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results