shape
carat
color
clarity

slightly thick to thick girdle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dlg

Rough_Rock
Is there such a thing? I can''t find that choice on the charts....

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Yes, there is such a thing.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes there is.
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2005 10:36:42 PM
Author:dlg
dlg
35.gif

i''m a guy, i don''t wear one.
16.gif
i let the girls chime in on this one.
20.gif
34.gif

smappraisal

Rough_Rock
Hi,

There is definitely such a thing, but more importantly, remember that when you have girdle measurements such as these (and thicker), all this does is add weight to the stone that you pay for, but adds no beauty to the stone. Try to stay in the medium to slightly thick range and preferably medium all the way around the girdle.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2005 10:36:42 PM
Author:dlg

What charts? It is not a veru good thing, so among very ideal round brilliants there might not be many (if any) with a thick girdle.

Otherwise, these are all too common. Try cushion or radinat cut diamonds and that parctically all you get!
11.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
where is Kaleigh?. the girdle expert
31.gif
9.gif

dlg

Rough_Rock
If I love a cushion cut diamond that seems perfect except that it has a slightly thick to thick girdle, should I stay away from it? It seems beautiful...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 9:53:39 PM
Author: dlg
If I love a cushion cut diamond that seems perfect except that it has a slightly thick to thick girdle, should I stay away from it? It seems beautiful...
if you love it, don''t let the girdle thickness get in the way
2.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/16/2005 9:53:39 PM
Author: dlg

AAAAACKKK!

Do you hear what you are saying?

If you love the stone, grab it. If it looks bad, run.

Slightly thick to thick is nothing to worry about. Slightly thick to extrememly thick, yes it is too much extra weight and probably the appearance is affected. Medium to slightly thick would be better, but this should not cause a problem with the appearance of the cushion and it would be very rare to find a cushion or even a round that was uniformly one grade all around the diamond.

Although we have a mountain of information about what makes an excellent round or princess we have very little standards about the other shapes so much of the buying decision must be made by eye. It sounds as if this diamond has already passed the eye exam, please do not let a minor "imperfection" on the paper deter you.

Wink

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2005 6:22:50 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
where is Kaleigh?. the girdle expert
31.gif
9.gif
DF you are a naughty boy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results