shape
carat
color
clarity

Is who the ring is made by make it worth more?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purplehaze66

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have a ring that is a baronness cut and made/designed by the Suberi Brothers. Would these things also factor into its value? I have the ring from a failed relationship and I am thinking of selling it. Because I do not see myself in the foreseeable future getting in a serious relationship. And if I do sell I am just trying to make sure I get a fair value.

Thanks,
Joey

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
who are the Suberi Brothers?

Don''t know that unless it''s something like a Cartier or a Tiffany it would allow brand to have a premium markup...but you could try. It can be hard to re-sell a stone and/or ring many times for a regular consumer. Try consignment or a local jeweler who may have a market for it, eBay, Pawn or Classifieds would net you some %% of the retail but nothing close. You will lose a fair amount of $$ with a resale. Good luck.

purplehaze66

Rough_Rock
Not sure who they are, I know they are out of New York. And I only found out sbout them when I was stationed in MD and I was at the Exchange on Andrews AFB, they had a appraiser there so I decided that I would get it appraised. When I picked the ring before I left the appraiser was like Oh you have a Suberi Brothers. So I just thought maybe they were known in the diamond industry.

Thanks for the reply,
Joey

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t heard of them either???

widget

Ideal_Rock
Ooops.....
20.gif

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget, that thread was about shipping your diamond?? ETA: now it's the right one.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

When you sell a ring (or anything else for that matter), it involves a negotiation between the buyer and seller over what are the important value characteristics. Some designers charge quite a bit for their skills while others will work rather cheaply. Not all designers are succeeding in getting their asking prices. Much of the skill of jewelry design involves working hard at building demand and making their look desirable. Some are making a pretty good living at it while others are left wondering why they need that night job even though their designs are lovely. With most designer products, the secondary market is pretty harsh. Although customers are sometimes willing to pay extra at the designers boutique or a fancy jewelry store, few are willing to pay much of a premium for a used piece. Sometimes you can learn a lot by speaking with the store where you bought it and discuss your issues. They may be willing to consign it at a discount for someone who loves the work but needs a better price than the designer is charging.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

widget

Ideal_Rock
LOL...not it''s not, Kaleigh!! I''m helpless!

I posted a link to a thread about Gabrielle diamonds, not Baroness...

I think I need to stick to colored gems...
20.gif

widget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2005 7:03:25 PM
Author: purplehaze66

When I picked the ring before I left the appraiser was like Oh you have a Suberi Brothers.

He might have meant 'you have an unusual ring'. I know them because of the series of branded fancy cut diamonds of which you have one apparently. These are neither great not bad, but I doubt the branded cuts are very popular. I have found such stones labeled with the generic name of the proxi cut (in your case - 'oval') and sold as such without further explanation.

As far as I understand, the series of fancy diamond shapes has been developed with the goal to produce brilliant yet relatively shallow stones. And this is a good thing - everyone want their diamonds big for the weight. If you can sell favorably depends on... how much you paid in the first place. I would think these branded diamonds are not among the expensive brands, but that only you know at this point.

Are these what you are talking about?

purplehaze66

Rough_Rock
Widget,

They are the sameones who make the gabrielle rings. The ring I have is a baronness cut, but they have 3 other cuts. The Duchess, Empress, and Grace cut. They call these Royal cuts, at least its what it says on my certificate of authenticity.

Thanks,
Joey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results