shape
carat
color
clarity

How much of a difference is .25 in ring size?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I think I am technically a 4.5 ring size, but I got all of my rings in a size 5 to accommodate for knuckles and swelling in the heat. My rings spin a lot though, all year long, and I've been thinking about getting them resized to a 4.75. Is it worth it though? Will going from a 5 to a 4.75 really make that much of a difference?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are they snug over the knuckle or loose over the knuckle? I would get sizing beads, or a bar instead. That gives you a little assistance on the spinning, but won't make them super snug in the summer.

I have the same issue, and sizing beads/bar make a big difference. In Winter, less of one, but enough that my rings don't drive me totally nuts. Just make sure whoever does them does NOT size the ring first.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
ame|1487954138|4132960 said:
Are they snug over the knuckle or loose over the knuckle? I would get sizing beads, or a bar instead. That gives you a little assistance on the spinning, but won't make them super snug in the summer.

I have the same issue, and sizing beads/bar make a big difference. In Winter, less of one, but enough that my rings don't drive me totally nuts. Just make sure whoever does them does NOT size the ring first.

I would do this as well- try sizing beads or bar first.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
My rings are all weird sizes. :lol: My left hand ring finger is 5.25 but my knuckles are kind of stupidly large, and my right hand ring finger is a 5.75. I've found that stacking helps tighten things up, if things feel loose, or wearing fewer rings helps if things feel tight. I was told that rings should not be loose enough to come off without a bit of a wiggle over the knuckle, so I've grown used to having them be somewhat tight. But also keep in mind, if it's winter, sometimes fingers can swell more when it's hot, so I wouldn't resize in the winter unless you're absolutely sure. I think sizing beads might be a good option.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I definitely can notice the quarter difference in ring size. I would recommend to resize it 0.25 down, shank will be more comfortable without beads. If it's difficult to put the ring on, just use liquid soap to put it on, and after that rinse and dry your hand.
Interesting, my two hands also have different ring sizes! :wink2:

retroglam

Rough_Rock
If your rings are always loose then I agree with everyone else that either resizing or beads are the way forward.

For anyone like me who's rings fit in summer but are loose in winter, I've recently discovered The Invisible Ringo ring fitters. They work better than noodles as they only fit between the ring and your finger: the noodles I've tried stuck out on both sides of the ring and were annoying. They stop a lot of the spinning and have definitely made my rings fit better this winter.

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
I think 0.25 makes a huge difference. I have a size 7 ring that while I can wear it on my ring finger on my right hand it hurts all day. I have another ring, same width band that is a 7.25 and on the same finger it is loose enough to spin slightly.

Also my ring fingers are almost 1 size different in size. 6.5 on my left hand and 7.25 on my right.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.25 will make a big difference in spinning

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results