shape
carat
color
clarity

comfort fit or flat inside for 2mm ring?

luckykit

Rough_Rock
i'm looking to get a spacer to save my e-ring from being any more chewed up by the exposed diamonds on my wedding ring. for a 2mm, does comfort fit vs flat inside matter? for what it's worth, i actually don't know and can't tell what fit my e-ring and wedding ring are (both are about 1.5-2mm)! but i will probably want to wear the plain band on its own sometimes.

thoughts?

kellydean

Rough_Rock
I have I knife edge spacer that I use. I like that it is wide enough to do the job but all but disappears when together.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Comfort fit! I think it does make a difference.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you plan to wear it on it's own sometimes...I'd get the comfort fit. It will have a more finished look, in my opinion.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Comfort fit all the way for me. My plain wedding ring & full eternity are comfort fit, so lovely & rounded on the inside edges. My solitaire is flat edged inside & I notice the difference a lot. If my solitaire is at the end of the stack, closest to my nail, it can pinch the fleshy part of my finger when I bend it. If it's in the middle between the wedding & eternity rings, no pinching whatsoever. In fact, I can't feel them at all besides for the weight of them wearing them this way :))

luckykit

Rough_Rock
thanks all! sounds like comfort fit is worth the extra $, and for a ring i plan to wear all the time it's totally worth it.

it'll be interesting to see whether it's a lot more comfortable than my solitaire and wedding ring, which i believe are both flat inside... watch, now they'll start driving me crazy compared to the comfort fit :loopy: :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb blazer roll me round is comfort fit and I believe e-weddingbands has one too. I'm not sure which vendor will work out to be cheaper for you, but I have spacers from both and am happy with both vendors!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for asking this question luckykit! I too am looking at 1.5 mm or 2 mm bands and wondered if it would matter. Now we know it matters. :sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results