shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with a custom multi station necklace. Or ideas.

U

User56783

I know that anything is possible, for the right price. However.... I do have some ideas. I'd like some suggestions, help. Etc.

I'd like to have a "diamonds by the yard" custom made. I've seen one picture online, that's even close but the idea is novel.

I'd like to do a 14" box chain so it's more of a choker . .8 or .9mm in Platinum.
15 plus .5ct diamonds with two .75 and one 1 CT in the center.
But here's where it gets complicated. I truly enjoy the look of a true floating solitaire. With the chain passing behind the setting. But I'd like each stone to be set with that. Diamonds in motion kind of deal, of rhthym of love. Or shimmering diamonds. Whichever, but I think you guys get the idea. The thing I hate about those settings though is the bulk. I understand it's kind of required, but how much could be taken away? While still hiding the chain, providing the floating look and not be a danger of the diamonds getting knocked off if she sneezes.

It's also a bit tough because the stones would need to be fixed in place. Even though they appear to float on the chain. The center stone could be the only one mobile. Box chains look weird with the best set stations because the chains dont match the connection or links.

Help? Suggestions?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Need help with a custom multi station necklace. Or idea

Hi, if the necklace is only 14inches long, you've got 17 diamonds plus a mounting for each diamond so there's not going to be much room for movement. I'd do bezel set. The only way to do it might be fix the centre 1ct diamond and have the rest with a slot behind for the chain to run through but have like little fixed balls on the chain so each of the other diamonds can only move within its little section ie between two balls. Alternatively, you might make the spacing between the balls bigger and put two of the diamonds in the section.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results