shape
carat
color
clarity

Why would a sitting US president need to hold a rally?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
jaaron|1487642015|4131500 said:
ruby59|1487641035|4131486 said:
jaaron|1487640768|4131482 said:
ruby59|1487639351|4131471 said:
jaaron|1487639218|4131470 said:
If someone attributed those statements to me and I had financial means I would be in every court fighting it.

It is almost impossible for a pubic figure to prove defamation--the bar is much higher for them than for ordinary citizens. The have to prove not only that it's false, but malice and damages. Plus, if politicians pursued legal action every time they were libelled, slandered or defamed, they'd clog up the courts and spend all their time doing it, so must choose to turn the other cheek. Example A Barack Obama, Donal Trump, birth certificate. A lesson that I hope 45 has figured out.

If I were her I would have at least put up a stink to show it was not true.

Now I see her mom had some antisemetic sentiments as well.

I think her not suing is a really poor way to judge truth in this instance. Common sense and any decent advisor would tell you that suing would move discussion of this from the realm of Fox News/the ten people who bought the book/Beitbart and into the mainstream public eye. Add to that the fact that she would most likely lose--having nothing to do with whether it was true or false, but based on the criteria necessary to win-- and you have a lose-lose situation.

Plus, not to be crass, but the Clintons have had a boatload of much worse, and much more easily proved as false, stuff written and said about them and have never sued. I would imagine they have a policy of not dignifying that stuff.

I have read that Hillary has a very bad temper and can be very nasty when that happens, and I believe it.

I also feel there are 2 Hillaries - the Persona we see and the real her.

Well, as a Jewish woman, when I see those types of statements and no rebuttal, I become very wary.

Well, Ruby, I'm jewish, too. But considering that fact that the Clintons have been accused of murder, running a pedophile ring, and giving uranium to the Russians, among numerous other things, this seems pretty far down the list.

Steve Bannon has been accused of saying equally anti-semitic things. The allegation made by his ex-wife, I don't put much credence in. But the stuff that Breitbart published under his stewardship, there's no getting away from. I'd be more worried about him, frankly. The Anti-Defamation League certainly doesn't like him much.

http://www.adl.org/sp/stephen-bannon-backgrounder/bannon-backgrounder.html

Like I said I do not care for Steve Bannon at all. I wish he was replaced.

But for me it is not an either or situation. I did not like Steve Bannon after reading some biography on him and the more I read about Hillary Clinton I did not like her either.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't Metzger a very prominent white supremacist?

Edit: Oh wow. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1487643802|4131521 said:

Ya got me. The only Metzger I think of when I hear that name is Metzger's Dog by Thomas Perry. And I don't even remember the book. I just remember it was one of my very favorites of his. :read:

Deb :wavey:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1487644183|4131526 said:

Ya got me. The only Metzger I think of when I hear that name is Metzger's Dog by Thomas Perry. And I don't even remember the book. I just remember it was one of my very favorites of his. :read:

Deb :wavey:

I did a double-take when I saw his name pop up out of the clear blue.

For those who don't know him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Metzger_(white_supremacist)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby, One would think you would be more concerned with Bannon than with what you have read about Hillary. I'm not sure how Hillary is even an issue here. She isn't running the country. Why do you continue to bring her up?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1487643498|4131519 said:
ruby59|1487642861|4131511 said:
AGBF|1487642478|4131503 said:
ruby59|1487633605|4131408 said:
I have no idea how Hillary feels about her sister in law.

I have no idea about Secretary Clinton's sister-in-law, but I know how she feels about her daughter. She and her daughter are very, very close. She raised her daughter, who has her values. The fact that her daughter married a Jew and had children with him (and attends services with him) certainly tells me that Secretary Clinton is no anti-Semite!!! (Especially since Secretary Clinton-unlike Trump-isn't cavorting with white supremacists while not spending time with her daughter!)

Who is Marc Mezvinsky?...http://www.ibtimes.com/who-marc-mezvinsky-chelsea-clintons-husband-10-facts-about-hillarys-son-law-2395319

AGBF

Yes, her daughter married a Jew, but unlike Ivanka, she did not convert to Judaism.

But again, her daughter married a Jew. Short of disowning her, Hillary had no control over it. It does not mean she is happy about it.

In my family and my husband's we both have relatives who acknowledge we married Interfaith, but they were not happy about it. They just became resigned to it.

And while researching this, comments came up that Metzger did not become involved in Clinton's campaign for some reason.

Why should Chelsea convert? Loving someone Jewish doesn't mean changing one's belief systems.

Why would you assume Hillary was not happy with the marriage?

Why should Mark Mezvinsky (I assume you meant him by "Metzger") have gotten involved in Secretary Clinton's campaign? Why would you impute something negative to his failure to become involved in a political campaign?

Deb

My husband and I both kept our individual religions, so why would I have a problem with them doing the same.

You said Hillary could not possibly be anti semetic because her daughter married a Jew. I just gave personal experience that people in my and my husband's families were not happy with it, but we married anyway. So their feelings did not change just because each got an inlaw from a different religion.

As far as the son in law, I do wonder why he did not become involved in her campaign considering his profession could have been an asset to her.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1487644319|4131527 said:

For those who don't know him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Metzger_(white_supremacist)

Thanks, Elliot. I looked him up on The Southern Poverty Law Center website while you were writing this. He's a real beauty.

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1487644508|4131531 said:

I have no idea about Secretary Clinton's sister-in-law, but I know how she feels about her daughter. She and her daughter are very, very close. She raised her daughter, who has her values. The fact that her daughter married a Jew and had children with him (and attends services with him) certainly tells me that Secretary Clinton is no anti-Semite!!! (Especially since Secretary Clinton-unlike Trump-isn't cavorting with white supremacists while not spending time with her daughter!)

Who is Marc Mezvinsky?...http://www.ibtimes.com/who-marc-mezvinsky-chelsea-clintons-husband-10-facts-about-hillarys-son-law-2395319

Yes, her daughter married a Jew, but unlike Ivanka, she did not convert to Judaism.

But again, her daughter married a Jew. Short of disowning her, Hillary had no control over it. It does not mean she is happy about it.

In my family and my husband's we both have relatives who acknowledge we married Interfaith, but they were not happy about it. They just became resigned to it.

And while researching this, comments came up that Metzger did not become involved in Clinton's campaign for some reason.

Why should Chelsea convert? Loving someone Jewish doesn't mean changing one's belief systems.

Why should Mark Mezvinsky (I assume you meant him by "Metzger") have gotten involved in Secretary Clinton's campaign? Why would you impute something negative to his failure to become involved in a political campaign?

My husband and I both kept our individual religions, so why would I have a problem with them doing the same.

You said Hillary could not possibly be anti semetic because her daughter married a Jew. I just gave personal experience that people in my and my husband's families were not happy with it, but we married anyway. So their feelings did not change just because each got an inlaw from a different religion.

As far as the son in law, I do wonder why he did not become involved in her campaign considering his profession could have been an asset to her.

I don't know why. But you pointed out that Ivanka Trump converted and that Chelsea Clinton did not! What was your point in doing that?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1487645140|4131538 said:
ruby59|1487644508|4131531 said:

I don't know why. But you pointed out that Ivanka Trump converted and that Chelsea Clinton did not! What was your point in doing that?

Not everything I post has some deep meaning behind it.

Other then the fact that Ivanka's children are Jewish and Chelsea's are not.

And before you read anything into that, my grandchild is not Jewish either because my son married a non Jew.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1487644721|4131532 said:

Thanks, Elliot. I looked him up on The Southern Poverty Law Center website while you were writing this. He's a real beauty.

Deb

This entire conversation (about who this guy is and why he wasn't involved in the Clinton campaign) is entirely irrelevant and was made to distract everyone from the point of the thread. As usual. Also as usual, HRC is being brought up FOR NO REASON. But yes, this guy is HORRIBLE!

And Deb: you are 100% right about the fact that no one has to convert to any religion when they get married. So the fact that Chelsea didn't and Ivanka did is completely beside the point. It's so irritating to have every thread derailed by red herring nonsense.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1487645623|4131542 said:

Deb

This entire conversation (about who this guy is and why he wasn't involved in the Clinton campaign) is entirely irrelevant and was made to distract everyone from the point of the thread. As usual. Also as usual, HRC is being brought up FOR NO REASON. But yes, this guy is HORRIBLE!

And Deb: you are 100% right about the fact that no one has to convert to any religion when they get married. So the fact that Chelsea didn't and Ivanka did is completely beside the point. It's so irritating to have every thread derailed by red herring nonsense.

I was answering questions from two posters here that have nothing to do with you. So butt out!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deb

I actually think it was a hell of a Freudian slip.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1487646026|4131545 said:

Deb

I actually think it was a hell of a Freudian slip.

Okay, you got me.

I am really their token Grand Dragon.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1487645294|4131540 said:

:cheeky: Not everything? :lol: From what I've seen, nothing you post has deep meaning behind it. For the life of me I can't figure out why everyone is so intent on trying to get you to see things a different way. Or maybe I'm just naive and you are being goaded for entertainment? It's a weird kind of entertainment though.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's really funny you just blurted out the name Metzger. I also think you simply say things that aren't true about yourself and your experiences to "win" arguments here and I'm guessing elsewhere. But it's not your responsibility to change my mind about that.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1487646792|4131552 said:
I think it's really funny you just blurted out the name Metzger. I also think you simply say things that aren't true about yourself and your experiences to "win" arguments here and I'm guessing elsewhere. But it's not your responsibility to change my mind about that.

What did I say about myself that was not true?

Please give me an example.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-antisemitism-idUSKBN1601QY
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/david-duke-trump-victory-2016-election-231072

As a Jew, I would be concerned with having a sitting president who is so closely associated with and cheered by white supremacists. Since he won the election it does appear the amount of anti-Semitic vandalism/threats has increased. So Trump says he is the least racist person ever. I don't believe him. I feel he is OK with people being judged by their race, their country, their religion. And once you start going down that path, many minorities can become targets, including Jewish people. When David Duke said that he helped put Trump into office, and it was a "great win" for "our people", I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about Jewish people.

But hell, Hillary made some unsubstantiated anti-Semitic comment years ago (Bill's ex-wife, yeah that's a non-biased source). THAT's why you didn't vote for her. Riiiight, that totally makes sense.

And as far as not caring for Bannon, there is evidence he is drafting much of Trump's legislation. He is not just part of the administration, he appears to be the man "behind" the agenda of the administration. If you don't find that troubling (as well as the fact Trump doesn't actually read the executive orders he is signing), well not sure what would make you concerned at this point.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1487645729|4131544 said:

Deb

I was answering questions from two posters here that have nothing to do with you. So butt out!

Ruby, you do not own Pricescope.

You want to keep total control over other people? Not happening here. You don't get to decide who gets to post, in your elegant language "butt out!" I do commend you on the correct punctuation for giving an imperative.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1487646499|4131549 said:

:cheeky: Not everything? :lol: From what I've seen, nothing you post has deep meaning behind it. For the life of me I can't figure out why everyone is so intent on trying to get you to see things a different way. Or maybe I'm just naive and you are being goaded for entertainment? It's a weird kind of entertainment though.

X2 although I think the goading, or baiting, is coming from the person who starts many threads with no purpose other than to start a fight.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1487790897|4132264 said:
Maria D|1487646499|4131549 said:

X2 although I think the goading, or baiting, is coming from the person who starts many threads with no purpose other than to start a fight.

That is rich coming from someone who made the most disgusting post I have ever seen about another Pricescoper.

So you can be the one who corrects other people's grammar, because you certainly are not the one with any couth or manners.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay okay okay. Mods are watching, lets all remember the TOS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results