shape
carat
color
clarity

King Stone Gems

Tsavomn

Rough_Rock
I decided to broaden my horizons a little and shop around before i make up my mind. I came across King Stone Gems. They sure do have some faceted stones i am very interested in. If i do decide to pull the trigger on any of them. I never bought anything from Australia before. And being from the US. Makes me nervous with shipping and customs. Not related to this site. I have heard customs being a real nightmare with fees,etc,etc. In other words. Keep your fingers crossed.

Has anyone here from the US bought from them before? If so, how did it go with shipping and customs? And where you happy with your purchase? Many thanks!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tsavomn|1486248575|4124342 said:
I decided to broaden my horizons a little and shop around before i make up my mind. I came across King Stone Gems. They sure do have some faceted stones i am very interested in. If i do decide to pull the trigger on any of them. I never bought anything from Australia before. And being from the US. Makes me nervous with shipping and customs. Not related to this site. I have heard customs being a real nightmare with fees,etc,etc. In other words. Keep your fingers crossed.

Has anyone here from the US bought from them before? If so, how did it go with shipping and customs? And where you happy with your purchase? Many thanks!

I've purchased multiple pieces from Doug (King Stone), and was always thrilled with them. Shipping cost about 20-40, but I didn't pay any customs fees (but that might have been because I didn't purchase anything very expensive). If there's something you are close to buying you could ask Doug about if/when customs fees would apply. Of course with more expensive things it's more likely that fees will be applied, but I don't know enough to say when that might happen. :wavey:

Tsavomn

Rough_Rock
Thanks lovedogs. I emailed them a few days ago. Did not hear back from them yet. Hope to hear from them soon.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tsavomn|1486353754|4124733 said:
Thanks lovedogs. I emailed them a few days ago. Did not hear back from them yet. Hope to hear from them soon.

Hope you hear soon! I know many sellers are in Tucson (or were) for the gem show, so he might just be swamped from that. If you don't hear in another few days I'd email again, or go on his main website (bespoke-gems.com), and get his contact info from there. Dunno if you used the KingStone contact form, but maybe he checks the other one more frequently. Good luck!

Tsavomn

Rough_Rock
lovedogs|1486354500|4124735 said:

Hope you hear soon! I know many sellers are in Tucson (or were) for the gem show, so he might just be swamped from that. If you don't hear in another few days I'd email again, or go on his main website (bespoke-gems.com), and get his contact info from there. Dunno if you used the KingStone contact form, but maybe he checks the other one more frequently. Good luck!

:)) Thanks! Appreciate your help. I emailed him from the King Stone Gems website to [email protected]. Good point about the Tucson Show. I will go to his main website as you suggested. Thanks again!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tsavomn|1486357667|4124744 said:
lovedogs|1486354500|4124735 said:

:)) Thanks! Appreciate your help. I emailed him from the King Stone Gems website to [email protected]. Good point about the Tucson Show. I will go to his main website as you suggested. Thanks again!

Doug has been in Tucson and I agree that he may still be traveling. By the way, Doug also owns Bespoke Gems, you can also try contacting him through that site. (He also posts regularly on Instagram if you use that app.)

S

SparkliesLuver

Doug is absolutely wonderful! Great man. He's usually very prompt with his responses, but he is indeed still at Tucson. I'm sure that's why he hasn't responded yet. I've also purchased several things from him - and I'm in the U.S. - and it's all gone very smoothly.

Tsavomn

Rough_Rock
:)) Many thanks everyone! I heard from him. Exactly like your saying. He's at Tuscon and will be coming back next week. Very high quality cutting is very important to me. And it sure seems like Doug excels in this. Thanks again!

Tsavomn

Rough_Rock

Been dealing with Doug. Great guy. And very helpful. But with an expensive stone that i am considering buying. And at the upper limit i want to spend. I am concerned about possible very high custom fees. Hopefully i will hear from Doug about that soon.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the privilege of meeting Doug at his cutting studio this morning! He just got back from Tuscon with some new rough. He was absolutely lovely to deal with and happy to show me what he had and offered to cut anything I desired. I highly recommend him. :wavey:

Tsavomn

Rough_Rock
HotPozzum|1487578359|4131042 said:
I had the privilege of meeting Doug at his cutting studio this morning! He just got back from Tuscon with some new rough. He was absolutely lovely to deal with and happy to show me what he had and offered to cut anything I desired. I highly recommend him. :wavey:

Thanks! I am in the process of deciding on a stone right now. I can see why you highly recommend him. A very nice guy. And being a bit of a newbie. He's been very helpful and honest too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results