shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you reckon?

dustone

Rough_Rock
Was wondering if this stone is any good? Ta.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dustone|1483950240|4113699 said:

The pic looks eye clean to me. However, it is very dark looking. Very dark. Don't necessarily mind the strong blue fluorescence that GIA has graded it to have, but I can't help saying that it looks very dark.

Proportions are OK but might be a little outside what most PS'ers might consider to be ideal. Crown depth and angle is a little too low for my liking.

What is your budget?

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Darkness is photography, it seems they have kept the back light on for the main photo as well, demonstrated by the bright white contrast points. Slightly outside ideal proportions but should be a lovely well performing diamond. The cut favours bright white light return over fire (not to say it wouldn't have any fire, should still have a nice amount!). If the price is right, could be a great catch with great spread.

dustone

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys.

Budget in USD equivalent is about 6k or AUD $8.2k. Not including the 10% tax when importing.

Apparently this is a ray-traced guess of light performance.
firetrace_0.jpg

dustone

Rough_Rock
gm89uk|1484015886|4113914 said:
Darkness is photography, it seems they have kept the back light on for the main photo as well, demonstrated by the bright white contrast points. Slightly outside ideal proportions but should be a lovely well performing diamond. The cut favours bright white light return over fire (not to say it wouldn't have any fire, should still have a nice amount!). If the price is right, could be a great catch with great spread.

You are right about the fire, the firetrace report shows it has excellent brightness and scintillation but only "very good" fire.

dustone

Rough_Rock
Have the final set of information. I like that it is bright, a bit more fire would be nice but most importantly will it sparkle? Cheers.

photo_73.jpg
hearts_21.jpg
ogi.jpg
img01.jpg

dustone

Rough_Rock
BUMP. Have to make a decision by Monday. Cheers.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dustone|1484367743|4115199 said:
BUMP. Have to make a decision by Monday. Cheers.

dustone, it's not that bad of a stone for the budget you have. Not quite a true hearts & arrow based on the H&A image you provided, but for your budget, this looks ok to me. Depending on how you set it (4 prong or 6?), you can definitely minimise the face up appearance of the inclusions that are at about 2 o'clock in the photo.

It should hopefully face up whiter in sunlight due to the strong fluor in it (plus you can have a new party trick with a blacklight). Set it in white gold or platinum and it might look like it's approaching a H coloured stone (before the effect of the fluor).

melbournelove

Rough_Rock
It looks like a nice diamond, however is your budget including the setting or just the diamond alone?

Have you asked the vendor regarding "clouds not shown"?

The fluorescence shouldn't be a problem, from what I've read, strong blue compliments I & J stones.

dustone

Rough_Rock
melbournelove|1484372623|4115219 said:
It looks like a nice diamond, however is your budget including the setting or just the diamond alone?

Have you asked the vendor regarding "clouds not shown"?

The fluorescence shouldn't be a problem, from what I've read, strong blue compliments I & J stones.

The actual image shows the inclusions.

Budget is for the diamond alone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results