shape
carat
color
clarity

I have the wax!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Apple,

I certainly know about changing one''s mind constantly.
20.gif
That''s good that some of your ideas, like the halo, have remained constant. Actually, Quest is doing my ring, not WF. I''m excited (and nervous) about it. Of course, a Leon Marge ring would be fabulous!
30.gif

It definitely helps once the friend wedding madness is over. Then, as my bf pointed out, once we get engaged, we can be the center of attention--the same goes for you & your bf!
36.gif

So, out of curiosity, what do you consider a "smaller" stone to pair with your fabulous setting? (I ask b/c I''m an NYC girl too & have certainly been barraged by lots of huge rocks...)

Are we hijacking poor icekid''s thread here?
40.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to continue with the threadjacking, but I just had to add that:

1) if an octagonal-halo club comes about, I want in!!

2) Apple, YAY!!! I think this is only right and fair.
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
icekid sorry for the hijack...

Bright: Well you might laugh, but maybe not, but I keep a spreadsheet of WF''s inventory of the stones I like with comments as to why I pick some over others and also in file are picks and links to rings I like with comments about what I want. So when I say small I mean like 1.2 ct RB, and a larger would be a ~1.5 ct. Plus I''m all about getting the value on an SI1 or SI2 b/c no one will see the difference.

Actually I''m in Houston, so the BF and are lucky to have WF as a local vendor for us. But with the area of town that I''m in, I see a lot of huge rocks. So I told the BF that we can upgrade every few years.

One day when I was getting my manicure I was talking with a lady that makes rings and all of the ones she was telling me about were 4 cts and stuff. She said she made one and the lady lost it the first week at the grocery store of all places, and it hadn''t been insured yet and it was a 4ct! I think I''d have a heart attack if that happened to me.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
BR, you''re absolutely in the octagonal halo club!
9.gif
Maybe we should actually form one...
27.gif

LOL, apple, I love your spreadsheet idea! I was organizing my pictures file on my computer the other day & was shocked to see just how many ring pictures I''d accumulated. Perhaps I need to be more organized like you!
2.gif
Is your bf going to pick the final stone/setting from your list, or are you going to pick it together? How exciting!

I don''t know why I thought you were in NYC. Yeah, my 1.23 ct RB will probably be on the small size here in the city. Good thing for halos...
31.gif
You should defnitely make use of the value of the SI stones! I''ve seen so many beautiful ones here on PS--if you get a clean one, no one will know the difference!

You''re so lucky to have WF local to you! I''ve heard wonderful things about them & they have a great upgrade policy!

Can you imagine losing a 4 ct (uninsured) rock?
23.gif
My heart skipped a beat just thinking about it!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Bright: I honestly don''t think a 1.2 is all that small, but my BF seems to think so (the funny thing is that he cares more about what other people think than I do). Someday I''d like to work up to a 2.5-3ct stone. I might not want the halo then, but I think of stones 2 cts and under the halos really look great. I told him that I don''t care what stone he picks (as long as Brian at WF recommends it), but that I do care about the setting. Since I still several months before anything starts to happen, I guess we have discuss those things when they get closer to happening. We did meet with Brian at WF back in January and he is such a great man! I love listening to him talk, I wish I had an uncle like him b/c he is precious!

I really can''t wait to see how your FC ring turns out...I was looking at that thread earlier this morning.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Apple,

I guess it''s all relative re: stone size. We just happen to be in areas of the country where people have larger-than-average diamonds. I think it''s giving us ideas... (as if PS weren''t enough!)
31.gif

That''s funny that your bf is more eager to get a big rock than you are! The opposite is true w/ me--my grandparents were jewelers so I definitely have an appreciation for jewerly, but my bf''s family never had much jewelry, though they could certainly afford it, they thought it was too flashy. Oh well.. I''m working on training him...
27.gif

I agree that some stones are too big for halos. Unfortunately, I don''t have the problem now!
2.gif

Maybe your bf can work with Brian and choose the stone from your pre-approved list, then you guys can choose the setting together. Then he can surprise you, but you still get to have input into the final look of the ring. You have time now to figure out exactly what you want!
9.gif

I''m really eager to see what happens w/ my ring too!
36.gif
The waiting is starting to drive me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results