shape
carat
color
clarity

Would love opinions on two antique e-rings...

ExpatBride

Rough_Rock
I'm going to London next month to shop for an antique engagement ring. We have a tight schedule, so I'm trying to do as much homework ahead of time as possible.

I'm not very knowledgeable about antique jewelry, so I'm hoping for guidance from those wiser than me :)

Here are two rings that have caught my eye, I'd like to know your thoughts on them overall and in terms of price, etc. Is there anything I should know to ask about them?

http://www.farringdonsjewellery.com/hikashop-menu-for-module-22/product/553-2ct-diamond-original-art-deco-ring-platinum/category_pathway-13

http://www.farringdonsjewellery.com/hikashop-menu-for-module-22/product/572-1-72ct-original-victorian-diamond-ring/category_pathway-13

This is my second time getting engaged. The first time, I was in my early 20's and had a ring I never loved, this time I'm determined to get it right!

Also, can anyone recommend places to look in London? I posted that question in RockyTalky, but no takers, so maybe the question is better suited to this forum.

FWIW, I'm an American living in Denmark, and I'm getting engaged to a Brit, which is why we're looking in London, and not the US, where I gather there is a better selection and friendlier pricing.

Kab03

Rough_Rock
Hi there, your choices are lovely. I'm an American living in London (married to a Brit) and we purchased my engagement ring at Berganza in Hatton Gardens. You could also look at Grays antique markets in London as well - John Joseph usually has a terrific selection. Good luck!

ExpatBride

Rough_Rock
Kab03|1390731805|3601400 said:
Hi there, your choices are lovely. I'm an American living in London (married to a Brit) and we purchased my engagement ring at Berganza in Hatton Gardens. You could also look at Grays antique markets in London as well - John Joseph usually has a terrific selection. Good luck!

Thanks! Berganza and Gray's are on our short list, so it's nice to see those names come up in your post. Were you able to negotiate price at Berganza?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in Berganza recently trying on earrings and they mentioned that they mentioned they could do layaway. When you turn down Hatton Garden from Holborn the 1st or 2nd shop in has some vintage rings in their window. I think it's called Heming. I think it's rather pricey but they are pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results