shape
carat
color
clarity

how can i identify unmarked vintage jewelry-eg this pendant

brehid

Rough_Rock
I know this pendant is vintage-art deco period-but can you tell me how to identify the metal, stones, maker? Thank you!

_7634.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Re: how can i identify unmarked vintage jewelry-eg this pend

You could identify the stones with a loupe. I think you could have it acid tested for the metal. Without a maker's mark, you probably won't be able to identify the maker.

Groucho

Rough_Rock

I took a look through my collection of vintage catalogs, but couldn't find anything exactly like this piece. It does appear to be from the late 20s or early 30s. Pieces like yours were usually made entirely from white gold or with a "platinum top" and white gold. Consequently, if you have it tested, make sure that both the top and bottom are tested. The design is lovely but very typical of the period, so it may be difficult to attribute the piece to a particular maker. Very nice item!

brehid

Rough_Rock

Thanks for taking the time to research! I was hoping someone like you would have some reference material and would be interested enough to take a look. I know a jeweler could do some i.d. but I'd like to have as much info as possible beforehand. I saw similar pieces online that were listed as rhodolite, so it's nice to know it may be white gold and platinum. I agree - it is lovely. Thanks again.

Hera

Ideal_Rock

If there's some red stones, they could be ruby or synthetic ruby.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results