PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas from Barrett!

image-286742110.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas ladies!

PPM, **NAKE-Y BABY** Love it!. Don't worry about travelling with Eloise, 4 months is still pretty easy to travel. Re post-baby sex, it took us a good 4 months to start, and TBH it sucked for me. So uncomfortable for me we stopped. We tried again and still uncomfortable, but kinda got through it. Not enjoyable. Finally, changing positions made things more comfortable for me. It sounds like your DH is really understanding. And there's nothing wrong with you feeling like you're Mommy 90% of the time. I think it's not necessary for you to feel like Sex Goddess, but feel like a little bit of your pre-baby self. You said you feel like Mommy 90% of the time and Teacher 10% of the time. TBH both of those roles are so "giving of yourself", you 100% have permission to take a little bit if yourself back. What I'm not saying very elegantly: You're allowed to be a little bit selfish, and take some of yourself back. Not necessarily for sexy time, but just for YOU time. Little things like getting a massage, a new haircut, etc. I found when I reclaimed some of ME back, intimacy started getting better.

MP, re: you DH "not missing" sex, he probably doesn't want to pressure you. Have you guys been able to take a date night? Maybe a some time with each other will help. Right now it sounds like the lack of sex isn't necessarily a problem, but maybe you're not feeling as desirable post-baby since your DH doesn't seem to be missing sex? I felt that way too. Especially since J *never* used to initiate sex. But it gets better. Keep communication open with your DH. You guys seem like a great team and that you can talk about a lot. I"m sure things will be OK.

~Lisa

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Holidays! Loving all the first Christmas photos!

img_395.jpg

img_1880.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Merry Christmas eveyrone!!

OMG all these cute babies in their cute outfits! :) So stinking cute!!! :)

It's been crazy here.. We had the 6 week growth spurt from hell that last oh about a week and right when it was letting up.. hubby got the stomach flu and it was coming out BOTH ends every 30 mins for 2 days and right when he was starting to feel somewhat better... I got it.. ya... so needless to say we have had a full 2 weeks of pure craziness. Thankfully we almost recovered.. Just trying to catch back up on sleep and thank goodness hubby has off a full 2 1/2 weeks :)

Hope everyone has had an amazing holiday month!! :) We had a pretty good end of this last week haha.. It was hubbys bday the 21st, mine the 23rd and then Christmas! :) We never had time to go buy each other presents since we were sick so our tree had no presents besides the few I got Chase haha so tomorrow we are SHOPPING! Im excited though! :)

Man sometimes I wish I had y'alls problem with DH not seeming interested... My DH started talking about sex at like 4weeks PP I was like uhhh lol We have done other things which I enjoyed but still havent had sex because at my 6 week they said that I had to abstain from sex till i got my Mirena and then wait another 2 days.. so technically we can have sex tomorrow.. but Im nervous I dont want it to hurt... But it will probably wait till after FIL leaves since we live in a small apt.

I need to go back and re-read everyones posts so I can catch back up! :)

_2596.jpg

sleepybaby.jpg

dsc_0022.jpg

_2597.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww, I love the Christmas/Santa baby babes Mommas!!! :love: :love: :love:

bobbin, I love the Reindeer doggies and santa baby!!! :love:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1356454532|3339591 said:
Re post-baby sex, it took us a good 4 months to start, and TBH it sucked for me. So uncomfortable for me we stopped. We tried again and still uncomfortable, but kinda got through it. Not enjoyable.

Ditto on this. It flat out hurt when we first did it. I figured it was going to be like that for a while. Then, when at vajayjay PT, the therapist said I had a ton of scar tissue. She's been working it out (yes, I'm very intimate with my therapist!) and it's made a huge difference. Last time we did it (time 2 of 2) it only momentarily hurt and then was fine. So if the pain doesn't go away, consider seeing someone.

Guess what I got for Christmas? AF. Boo. First time in over a year. Not a fan.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Love all the pictures. We have the cutest babies on this thread! I will try to post one when I get around to uploading.

You guys are making me nervous to even try having sex. LC, DH assures me he is frustrated we haven't had the opportunity but his actions or lack thereof are speaking louder than words. We will eventually get there I know. But it might not be until we try for number two. ;-)

Random question. Am I the only one whose kiddo pretty much only wears sleepers all day every day? It is so much easier not to mess with pants that are either too short or too big around waist, and he doesn't like having things put over his head. Plus I can't get socks to stay on. Maybe I'm just really lazy, but I just realized that I haven't even had him wear a lot of the other clothes he has. I'm sure he will be wearing something other than pjs when he starts school ;-)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monkeyprincess|1356547934|3340148 said:
Love all the pictures. We have the cutest babies on this thread! I will try to post one when I get around to uploading.

You guys are making me nervous to even try having sex. LC, DH assures me he is frustrated we haven't had the opportunity but his actions or lack thereof are speaking louder than words. We will eventually get there I know. But it might not be until we try for number two. ;-)

Random question. Am I the only one whose kiddo pretty much only wears sleepers all day every day? It is so much easier not to mess with pants that are either too short or too big around waist, and he doesn't like having things put over his head. Plus I can't get socks to stay on. Maybe I'm just really lazy, but I just realized that I haven't even had him wear a lot of the other clothes he has. I'm sure he will be wearing something other than pjs when he starts school ;-)

LOL! My son practically lived in Carter's Sleep N Plays until about 9 or 10 months old. I think they are so cute and comfy and easy. Nothing wrong with that at all! I find I'm dressing my daughter in them all the time, too. Socks never stay on! Plus complete outfits seem so fussy and uncomfortable for her when she's so little.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1356548367|3340157 said:
monkeyprincess|1356547934|3340148 said:

LOL! My son practically lived in Carter's Sleep N Plays until about 9 or 10 months old. I think they are so cute and comfy and easy. Nothing wrong with that at all! I find I'm dressing my daughter in them all the time, too. Socks never stay on! Plus complete outfits seem so fussy and uncomfortable for her when she's so little.

Same here! All rompers and sleepers at this point. O didn't wear actual pants until he was around one!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, I prefer the sleepers also. My mom was here for 3 weeks and insisted that the baby wear real clothes. So, she wore some dresses and pants during the day, but we're pretty much back to sleepers now that my in-laws are here - they don't care. It is nice not to have to worry about socks!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Ellie wears sleepers or the sleep sack dresses pretty much everyday. she's had on a few "real" outfits...she got so many clothes as gifts it seems a shame not to put her in them but the sleepers are so easy!

AFU, my mom is still here helping. I have not cooked a meal or washed a dish or lad of laundry since her arrival (well, really since my mil was here 2 wks before E's birth). I don't know how we'll handle it when she leaves but DH is getting a little cramped. We've had (very helpful) guests since Nov. 20th. I'm slowly recovering from my 3rd degree tear :( Ellie is still sleeping like a champ but she is starting to fight falling asleep. I hope it's a phase :bigsmile: I'm just amazed daily at how amazing she is! literally I could look at her all day!
nursing is still going well but my right nipple is getting sore. I don't notice any cracks or sores & am using lanolin. any suggestions? still waiting on my breast pump (from insurance). I have a manual but am nervous to use it for some reason but would like to have some milk bottled for dh to do night feedings.

attaching a Christmas pic...
image_76.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
A is 13 months and still wears PJs most of the time. It's A. easier for me B. easier for her (she's pretty good at putting on clothes - sticking her arms out into arm holes, etc) and C. What's the point? We just hang out at home all day, no real reason to get dressed.

She has so many clothes that she's never worn...

amc80

Ideal_Rock
B spent the first 8-12 weeks in diapers. He had so many blow-outs (mostly pee), we figured we might as well not even bother dressing him. Plus, he was swaddled at night and it was mid-summer...so too hot for PJs and a swaddle.

Question- do any of your babies every wake up SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER? B does this occasionally. I think I've asked on here before, but he did it again last night so it's fresh on my mind. The screaming continued until we gave him a small bottle (he had just eaten/gone to bed about an hour before it happened). Can babies have bad dreams?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love all the cute Christmas photos! I need to download some.

I am not getting back on a plane anytime soon. K indeed got sick right before we left. She was sick and clingy on the flight, but that wasn't so awful. She was sick the entire trip and I ended up taking her to urgent care the day before we left. Flying home she actualy felt good, but D and I were sick. That was hell. Two sick parents + entertaining an active infant + lots of delays = worst trip ever.

The good news is that D and I are not driving each other crazy. I think a few days away from our crazy schedule helped. We talked about it a little (not a ton as I wanted to enjoy our time and not get into deep relationship conversations) and things are better.

Oh, and post-baby sex. I say take as much time as you need. My husband was very eager to get back to "normal" (he bought a family pack of condoms the day of my 6 week appt. and told me we should use them all that night), but it wasn't all that comfortable at first. Some practice and K moving out of our room was what got us back to "normal".

I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas!!

ETA: amc, I've often wondered if babies can have bad dreams. K only wakes up screaming when she's in pain (ear infection, usually), but a few times she's woken up looking panicked. Panting and looking around everywhere like she's really scared. I wonder what they dream about...

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
AMC, I definitely think babies can have bad dreams. Ethan went through that a few times.

NEL, I'm glad you're feeling better with D. Sorry K was sick then you guys got sick. Hoping everyone's better in a few days. Healthy Dust to the NEL household!

Re: PJs, Ethan was TOTALLY in one piece PJs for the majority of his first 4 months. Now I like putting him in outfits but DH likes the onesies/PJs.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi mamas!

We have a newborn so I figured I'd jump over to this thread, now. Brienz Hart was born on 12/18/12. It's been a crazy ten days, but we are so in love with our boy I can't stand it. He's sleeping on my chest right now, which is my favorite thing in the world right now.

I posted these photos in the pregnant PSer thread, but here are some shots from the hospital two days after he was born:
ry_3d400b.jpg
ry_3d400.jpg

We are definitely still adjusting to life with a newborn. We had his bris at our house on Wednesday. It was a beautiful ceremony, though totally traumatic for me--I cried during the entire thing. We invited only our closest family and friends, and many were out of town, so it was a nice small crowd of about 30 people. Still, it was SO HARD to have that many people in our house so soon after my C-section. DH and I were both exhausted, I was still in pain, and by the time everyone left we were ready to pass out. My sister A is amazing and, together with my mom, they took care of organizing everything--the food, the mohel, inviting people, etc. DH and I cleaned the house, but that was about it.

Otherwise, we're just taking it day-by-day here. I'm breastfeeding, which is going well but I'm really sore and can't wait for the day when things stop hurting during his initial latch. We're sleeping when we can, which isn't much. My recover from the C-section was going really well until the day of the bris, at which point I felt like I took a couple steps backward. I did a lot of standing and holding Brienz that day. But now I'm feeling like I'm getting better every day again.

Anyway, I can't believe we're here! My pregnancy was a bit difficult, but now that I have Brienz in my arms it was all totally worth it. I love this boy so much.

I'll have to do some back reading to catch up on this thread. I laughed when I read about clothes--we haven't put any clothes on this boy yet. We've gotten the most adorable clothes as gifts, maybe I should put some to use!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Haven!!!! Baby Brienz is sooo cute, and you look so great!!! I hope you're taking it easy....everyday will get a little better. I'm 3 months out from my c/s and I'm still sore at times.
Isn't the love you have for your baby boy amazing?? To me, I don't think I truly knew what love was until my son came into my life. I mean, I love my hubby so much, but this is just....well, different. And it's crazy how every day that love for your child just grows more and more. It truly is the most beautiful thing in the world. :))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Haven!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Haven and Baby Breinz. He's so adorable. Do take it easy and rest as much as possible. Seriously let any and everyone help clean/cook/walk the dogs/etc so you can rest and recover. Baby NEEDS mama to be healthy so that's your top two priorities now (baby and yourself)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Welcome haven!

I forgot to update you all on the u/s. I think. I talked to the pediatrician and he wants B to see a surgeon, just to get another opinion and get more tests done. That appointment is in two weeks, so I will let you all know how it goes.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh and Haven, the bf didn't get easier for me until about 6 wks. I still have my days where I'm constantly questioning myself about it. I totally underestimated how challenging it could be, but it's so great once you get it!! I love that it's my special time with L and it makes me feel super close to him which I adore! Hang in there!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
AMC, I hope things are ok for B. Hugs to you, mama, I can imagine you would be in jitters. THings will be OK, little B has the BEST Mama Bear watching out for him and sounds like his doctors are doing everything to make sure the right decision gets made on treatment.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi said:
AMC, I hope things are ok for B. Hugs to you, mama, I can imagine you would be in jitters. THings will be OK, little B has the BEST Mama Bear watching out for him and sounds like his doctors are doing everything to make sure the right decision gets made on treatment.

Thanks. I trying to not think about it, and, more importantly, not consult Dr. Google. Our ped is very direct and I know he would have told me if I needed to worry.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
AMC, yes, best you stop consulting Dr. Google. I'm glad you feel good about B's pedi. Again hugs and I hope everything goes smoothly.

~LC

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Haven! Having a newborn is hard work, but I am learning it gets better and better as you go!

amc, it's so hard not to consult Dr. Google! I'm the worst about that. E has a surgery consult later this week to determine what we are going to be do about the cyst on his temple. The thought of him undergoing any sort of surgery makes me sick to my stomach, but we will deal with that when the time comes.

AFU, I go back to work a week from tomorrow, and I start crying pretty much anytime anyone brings it up. I'm seriously in denial. I wish DH was more supportive of me staying home for awhile because if he was, that is definitely what I would do. He is right that right now it makes the most sense for our family and our family's future for me to go back to work, but I'm a little resentful. I know millions of women do it and many have no choice, but somehow that doesn't make it any easier. I'm sure things will be okay once I get back into the swing of things, but I would so love to stay home with my baby for awhile longer.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies! A belated happy holidays and happy new year to you all!

MP, hugs lady. Going back to work is HARD. I had many days of dread, and sobbed my whole drive to work that first day, but now I can honestly say I am glad I am a working mama. It took me probably two months to get into a groove, but now the majority of the time I feel like I have it together. You'll figure it out, and your SIL will make sure Ev is well cared for. Good luck with his surgery consult.

Amc, I hope B's doctor's appt yields good news.

Welcome Haven! B is just precious.

NEL, yikes to the challenge of traveling while sick! Hope you all are recovering now. Glad you and D are doing well too.

Lulu, congrats on little E. Love her Christmas outfit!

Bb, love those pics of Chase. That Santa suit!

Jgator, love her little smile! That is so adorable!

Hi to everyone else!

AFU, Nora was six months old on Friday. Just got back from the pediatrician – she's 16lbs 12oz (65%) and 26.75in (83%). She's now able to sit pretty well without tipping. She's the happiest girl most of the time and my grandmother even asked me “does that child ever cry?” on Christmas. We started solids a little over a week ago with some avocado. We are doing baby led weaning so far mostly out of laziness, but not sure if daycare will insist on purees, have to chat with them when she goes back Wednesday. We haven't even done it every day and she's really not eating anything yet, mostly playing with it and making faces when she tastes it, but she's had broccoli, naan, some scalloped potatoes, rice, banana, and apple so far. How did you mamas work solids into your schedule? I'd love it if she could eat with us, but we don't eat dinner until after she goes to bed. So not sure if I should make it a regular thing as soon as I get home from work with her or what, and how/when I should move to her having another solid meal or two earlier in the day. Still going strong with nursing and pumping, so happy we've made it this far!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
MP, going back to work is OK. I'd suggest you go back on a Weds or Thurs. Going back on a Monday makes for a VERY LONG week. Hugs, I know it might be difficult for you, but keep an open mind. You might enjoy it. And who knows, things might change and you'll be able to work from home or something. And besides you get to go to work and show off all your adorable Ev pictures :love:

Steph, Hello glad things are going well for you.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LC and Steph, I know you're right that it will be okay in the long run. It just seems so unfair that I have to go back just when E and I have started to figure things out and really enjoy our time together.

Here's a pic from this weekend. Melts my heart every time he wears that hat.

_2706.jpg

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Steph, congrats on Nora's 6 month birthday!

Haven, Brienz is adorable..I love his cheeks!!! Try to rest and take care of yourself..breastfeeding is a full time job for a newborn. The nipple pain does go away. I know the nurse at the hospital told me it doesn't so that totally scared me. Try the lansinoh ointment - and be careful as it stains your clothes. I have a bunch of t-shirts with oily dots on the front!

MP, I am right behind you on going back to work. I have 3 weeks left. I am lucky that I work from home, but we still don't have a nanny locked in yet. We interviewed 5 potential candidates and we are down to 2 who are both Spanish speaking (English is not great) and very loving.

AMC, sending positive vibes your way for the surgeon consultation in 2 weeks.

NEL, sorry to hear about your travel and sickness experience over Christmas. I am dreading flying with our baby. My inlaws are here for 3 weeks now and already said they expect us to visit them in the May/June time frame. They live in Europe so it's an 8-hour flight if we get a direct flight. And, my SIL has already set the precedent of an annual 3-week trip with their son so the expectations are there which they started when their son was 4 months old.

Lulu, Ellie is adorable! We have pretty much had non-stop guests since our baby was 10 days old. My inlaws are leaving in a week. you sound like you have a great mom! I am jealous. My mom is great, she just isn't very domestic. She prefers to go out to eat. My MIL is the opposite - she cooks a lot but it's all Indian vegetarian food and the house ends up smelling like Indian for the entire time they are in town!

AFU, Kareena is 9 weeks old today. We have our 2-month check up on Thursday. We have a potential nanny coming for a trial run on Thursday. I learned not to burp the baby in the car yesterday - we were in the parking lot of a store and I bumped her head on the ceiling. K has been sleeping for 7 hour stretches at night. So, we'll see if she keeps it up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results