carat
color
clarity

New foster kittens!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1353764458|3313996 said:
Those pictures are so precious!

You make me want to move to Australia, foster kitties, wear a massive rock and travel the world! You're doing things right!

Rose, you make my life sound awesome! :lol: I honestly do work too, it's not all fun and games! :wink2:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I am no help with names but I just have to say that these kitties are soooo adorable! How nice of you to be a foster momma!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwww. What cure kittehs. I just adore cats. I have 4 now, because somebody abandoned one and he'd obviously been a house pet and had no biz being kicked outdoors. So, after a few months, he mysteriously got inside somehow and became neutered and vaccinated. He lives here now. LOL

justginger

Ideal_Rock
TC1987|1353774737|3314205 said:
Awwwww. What cure kittehs. I just adore cats. I have 4 now, because somebody abandoned one and he'd obviously been a house pet and had no biz being kicked outdoors. So, after a few months, he mysteriously got inside somehow and became neutered and vaccinated. He lives here now. LOL

Funny how they weasel their way in. You start with one, turn around and there are two, go to work and there are three, get a bite to eat and suddenly you have four cats! :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Ginger! I never doubted that you would win him over! His logic: "I can change my mind any time. She's not the boss of me, and I can let her cuddle me and it doesn't mean a thing..." :lol: I'll remember that ear folding trick, I like that. Your lap really does look perfect and its good to show their size. As to Trifecta, as soon as you said he has three blobs on his head, I went looking for a pic - your next assignment will be to get one of his furry noggin. Ginger, thanks for doing this and for taking pictures. You just made my day.

Oh, and don't tell Stink Eye this, but even the latest pics, his expression is softening... ;))

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh kittens! I fistered this summer. Such fun!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I can't see all the pics for some reason :(

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh I see now. have they started climbing up your legs yet?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh my they are adorable! It's so good of you to raise them. Where do you find the time?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww love the new pics! The wee one is so so so cute!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
innerkitten|1353776210|3314334 said:
I can't see all the pics for some reason :(

Maybe too much posting is overrunning the server?

D

Deactivated member 42515

Mr. Stink Eye sounds more and more adorable! And so does the runt. :love: One of my dogs is a runt and she is also one of those velcro dog. Acts like a baby all the time! Love her to death!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
innerkitten: they climb all over - legs, shoulders, backs, feet, no uncovered body part is safe. I've got claw marks from head to toe, but thankfully their claws are still so tiny they heal in a day or two.

HOT: I actually sort of arrange my whole schedule around kittens when I have them (especially when they need extra attention). I'm still at the hospital all the time with work, but my social life slows down as I make dinners shorter to get home early and put off morning coffee dates to make sure they're fed and patted. :))

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
When we were fostering we used to joke that we needed leather chaps to enter the kitten room. It's amazing how they defy gravity at that age.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1353687821|3313343 said:
diamond cuts:
radiant
marquise
cushion
princess
Oval
Asscher
trillion

Hey - its PS - what the heck! :lol:

Cute!
Or
Ruby
Sapphire
Diamond
Pearl
Silver
Beryl
Jasper
Onyx
Or something along those lines.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
KaeKae|1353691565|3313375 said:
Oh, they are precious, and so lucky to be with you.

Working off Enerchi's idea, how about gemstone names:
Onyx
Citrine
Topaz
Diamond
Spinel
Opal
Ruby
Pearl

I tried to stick with stones that come in the color of cat :wink2: But, sapphire, emerald and amethyst would work, too.
Oops hadn't read this post! Posted before mine. Sorry. Obviously I like your idea :) He he.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great minds think alike!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: So cute!!!! more pictures.. please!!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I loved the gratitude the little runt showed. Name them after explorers I think - it's a good omen for their future lives that will be lived with adventure and courage. Blaxland, Wentworth, Lawson and Brown.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
GJ, I'd love to be able to do something like that (not too sure my kitty's would love it) but I just don't think my work schedule would allow it ATM. As a kid, we used to hand rear all sorts of native animals and I have the fondest of memories. You are really lucky to be able to do that. It must feel great knowing you have kept so many lives off of death row. :))

justginger

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1353840425|3314930 said:
GJ, I'd love to be able to do something like that (not too sure my kitty's would love it) but I just don't think my work schedule would allow it ATM. As a kid, we used to hand rear all sorts of native animals and I have the fondest of memories. You are really lucky to be able to do that. It must feel great knowing you have kept so many lives off of death row. :))

That's so wonderful, HOT, taking care of the native creatures. I know DH's family raised a baby joey once (his mother taught at a community school up north for a few weeks and the locals accidentally killed the mother for food, without realizing she had a baby ;( ). Joey Jumper. They had to stop every two hours on the drive back to Perth to warm up his bottle on the radiator. :D They had him for months, until he started jumping their fences in Bickley, then he went to Caversham. Have you cared for any roos?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, these little babies make my heart melt!! :love: :love: :love:

Thanks for fostering and taking care of them, justginger, you and yr DH are soooo awesome! :appl: I hope they find caring loving parents. If we lived where we are, we'd take at least 1 or 2 of them, in a heartbeat.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
They're all doing SO well now - I'm astounded by how quickly they have adapted to their new environment and become curious, playful, normal kittens. :appl: One of the tabbies is still a bit shy, but she just needs an extra day or two to jump into the deep end with the rest of them.

Tonight we closed up all of the bedrooms and blocked off the sunken lounge, to let them explore the tiled dining room, kitchen, hallway area. Our resident cats watched attentively. One of the long term fosters we have (in all practicality she's our cat and will perhaps never leave) is notoriously a big fat bitch to other cats - hisses, spits, runs away and hides for hours. Thankfully she seemed ok, must sense they're only babies. She hissed once, but then came back again to have another look. :lol:

The runt remains my favorite - he paces on the side of the door and cries for me when he's lonely, and just loves being in physical contact with me. SIL has mentioned adopting him if they didn't have to worry about flying him across the country (a scary experience for a kitten!). It might still be a possibility...if she can pry him out of my hands! :wink2:

D

Deactivated member 42515

justginger said:
They're all doing SO well now - I'm astounded by how quickly they have adapted to their new environment and become curious, playful, normal kittens. :appl: One of the tabbies is still a bit shy, but she just needs an extra day or two to jump into the deep end with the rest of them.

Tonight we closed up all of the bedrooms and blocked off the sunken lounge, to let them explore the tiled dining room, kitchen, hallway area. Our resident cats watched attentively. One of the long term fosters we have (in all practicality she's our cat and will perhaps never leave) is notoriously a big fat bitch to other cats - hisses, spits, runs away and hides for hours. Thankfully she seemed ok, must sense they're only babies. She hissed once, but then came back again to have another look. :lol:

The runt remains my favorite - he paces on the side of the door and cries for me when he's lonely, and just loves being in physical contact with me. SIL has mentioned adopting him if they didn't have to worry about flying him across the country (a scary experience for a kitten!). It might still be a possibility...if she can pry him out of my hands! :wink2:
Awww! I so want you to keep the little runt! You can tell that he has fallen head over heels for you hard! And I'm sensing you have too! DH better watch out, cuz it seems there may be a new man in your life!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
More pictures? I'm in love!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you name them yet? I'm still sticking with the diamond theme --- they are after all, hidden treasures and are "diamonds in the rough" at the moment, but will be polished and well behaved while being fostered by you! :praise:

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Since there are 7 of them, and they are so little, I have to suggest:
Doc
Sleepy
Sneezy
Grumpy (for Mr. Stink Eye, of course!)
Dopey
Happy
Bashful

I stick with Disney characters for my furballs, DH likes video game characters or references, and my in laws go with danerous women, i.e. Annie Bonney, Lizzy Borden, etc.

They are so cute!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Ginger

they are all so adorable... :appl:

and the way that white one looks at you must melt your heart it is the sweetest look I've ever seen - adorable. :love:

And I am so happy to hear that the black kitty is coming around...I can't even imagine the heartache it must be to have a foster that might not be able to find a home :(sad

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aaAhHHHHH kittens! I've had kitten fever for a week now and this is making it so much worse! So sweet!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
This thread makes me so happy! They're so precious - that runt!! The look on his face - just melts your heart.

I chose writers for my cats (Dante and Kipling - one day I'd like to add a Chaucer and Rosetti to the mix).

You could also do painters - Picasso, Botticelli, Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Dali, Frida (for a girl?), Cezanne, Matisse, Leonardo, etc.

Composers - Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Lizst, Vivaldi, Chopin, Wagner, Strauss

Scientists - Curie, Einstein, Turing, Sagan, Kepler, Schrodinger, Fermi, Newton, Tesla

Famous sci-fi authors - Asimov, Heinlein, Bradbury, Clarke (Arthur C.), Verne, Douglas (Adams), Ursula (Le Guin)

Philosophers - Locke, Aristotle, Plato, Descartes, Hegel, Nietzsche, Sartre, Spinoza

Cookies - Snickerdoodle, Gingersnap, Macaroon, Chocolate Chip, Biscotti, Thin Mint, Fortune (cookie), Lady Fingers

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results