shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Taste Test: Need your eyes NOT the specs!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like 3.

ETA: I posted only looking at the first photo of all of them lined up, and the second photo with one of them on your hand so as not to be influenced by others. I've gone back and read and seen the other photos now. I still like 3 the best!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
subscribe - have you made a decision? did you purchase one of these 3? What are your plans for the stone - beautiful cushions (and I hope you picked #3 ;)) )

subscribe

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1349488829|3280313 said:
subscribe|1349487949|3280298 said:
Here is #3. In the lineup with all three stones, it looks bright under the table.
Here, not so much. :shock:

Looks perfectly fine. Lots of contrast, but contrast and patterning aren't bad 'darkness' they are good 'darkness' if you will. Did you see number 1 in exactly the same photo set up? Cause unless you did, I wouldn't rule it out based on that image.

Can you have both sent to you and pick one IN PERSON? That's really the best way to chose.

Thank you for participating in the taste test. ;-)
An excellent point about seeing them in person. And I have! Like everyone has been saying each of these cushion cuts have their own personalities and you have to see them with your own eyes.

Both #1 and #3 are the same color, carat, and vs. Both are great stones.

#1 - Not a traditional shape, I know. Perhaps because of this (and many other factors) it appeared brighter in an office setting under the table. So lights overhead with big windows and big office windows. Less busy then #3 outside of the table.

#3 - On a bright blue day behind a building, both performed well but this one was amazing. The traditional shape made it a more colorful and engaging stone. In other lighting conditions I feel this might perform quite well.

So what we've concluded is that I need to get my eyes checked. I'll look at them again. :geek:

subscribe

Rough_Rock
Enerchi|1349526778|3280482 said:
subscribe - have you made a decision? did you purchase one of these 3? What are your plans for the stone - beautiful cushions (and I hope you picked #3 ;)) )

I thought I was going to get #1, but now I'll need to look again! Haven't picked one yet... sigh.

This has been a learning process for me. In terms of the shape #3 is my favorite too. I'll have to check the performance on these stones again!

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
I'm a bit late on this one but I like #3 best...it looks more "balanced".

PerRana

Rough_Rock
Trade
Another lemming voting for #3!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for 3. #2 is definitely my least favorite of the three stones.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Can I change my mind and say #2? JK!

Bring out your pitchforks and shotguns!

-Edited for spelling

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results