shape
carat
color
clarity

NaNoWriMo! NaNoWriMo!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I decided I'm going to start writing, but if I don't finish I won't be mad. I'm working two jobs and have class and am dealing with a whole lot of extras in my life right now, so it wouldn't be fair of me to be hard on myself. That being said I think I have a great idea for a story.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the club, Dragonfly! I think a busy time in your life is the BEST time to take on NaNoWriMo. I'm being serious. The busier I am, the more I get done. Can't wait to hear about your progress!

Dee*Jay--I've never worked with Story Studio but I hear good things. Some of the people who have been coming to my college's write-ins attended their kickoff party, I'll ask them if they have any experience with their editing services.
And I'm with Cehra--I do not have anything worth sharing at the moment! I'll keep an eye out for a good snippet, but I'm not making any promises!

Word Count Check-In Time!
How is everyone doing with their word counts?

I hit 4,333 last night before bed, and that is where my word count remains. I hosted another write-in at work today, but I just can't write during them because I'm too busy hosting. Argh. I'm at home in my PJs now, so my goal is to reach 6,000 words before I go to bed. I'm trying to stay a bit ahead because Thanksgiving is going to be a no-writing holiday for me, that's for sure.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello my happy little NaNoWriMo peeps! Are you still out there... ?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm here! I'm here!

I'm playing catch-up today. I have 7,125 words as of right now. I'm planning to write for a couple more hours after we eat dinner to make my 10,005 words for the day. I slacked on Friday and Saturday, so I had to write a ton today.

How are you doing, Dee*Jay?

P.S. My posting behavior on PS is totally indicative of my procrastinating behavior for NaNo. I've been all over the boards today--what a slacker I am!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm way behind - good thing I was way ahead lol I'm still at just under 4k so I have a lot of making up to do. Good thing the next topic I will tackle will have a lot of juice behind it. I just need to find the time to do it. I'm thinking in a few hours I'll get the time... my daughter is ahead of me and our friend is behind us but apparently writing *very* good stuff... I haven't read it.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can do it, Cehra!

I stayed up until 11:30 to get to 10,028 words last night. I'm feeling it today, but I told myself if I reach the weekend goal yesterday then I can drive through Starbucks and get a pumpkin latte as a reward this morning. It was delicious and well worth it! The perfect NaNo treat for me, as I almost always brew my own coffee at home, but I LOOOOOVE those pumpkin lattes. MMMMM.

How's everyone else doing?

I broke the cardinal rule of never taking off more than one day from my writing, but I feel like yesterday's writing marathon helped get me back into the swing of things.

Have a great Week 2, everyone!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
starbucks here just does NOT have the same stuff... we have dark cherry mocha and cranberry white mocha... but no peppermint mocha, no gingerbread or pumpkin lattes... ::sigh::

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That would bum me out, Cehra. I love the fall and all of the yummy fall drinks that come out. I stock up on World Market's pumpkin coffee for the house, too.

Well, I bought my latte Monday morning and brought it in to work so I could enjoy it while teaching my 8 AM class. And guess what? The nice young man (I really want to call him a little snot) who works in the computer lab made me leave my drink on a drink table outside the computer classroom! I rarely hold class in the labs, and had no idea that they didn't let professors bring drinks in. I spent $4 on a cup of coffee only to let it get cold and old on a little table while I pined away for it inside the lab. ;(

I've been *just* missing my word counts these last two days. Last night I fell asleep at the computer, never a good sign. I woke up to find I'd typed a full page of mmmmmmmmmms into my novel. And tonight I made it to 12,390 (we're supposed to have 13,333!) but I'm too tired to go on. Ah, well. I will make them up this weekend!

How is everyone else doing? WriMos, check in!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have to confess to having turned November (thus far) into ProcrastoWriMo... or maybe LazoWriMo...

That's all I'm sayin'...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I keep slacking off! I was doing so well, but now I haven't written in days. My last word count was 14806.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I have been so bad--but tonight I got myself up to 8,959 words.
Got to stop now, though.It's midnight and I'll turn into a pumpkin.
My mother visited and that got me behind.
Well, anyway, I now have 8,959 words that I didn't have on october 31.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm failing miserably at NaNoWriMO... but I'm making tremendous progress on a coffee table book of old cars, which is going to be a Christmas present for my Dad, from pictures that I took in Cuba two weeks ago. Does that count for ANYTHING?! :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results