shape
carat
color
clarity

It came from the '80's part 2

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I got such a nice chunk of change for the setting for the old ring, I decided to give danielm some business. The whole thing cost less than a trip to the grocery store.
Here's the original:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/it-came-from-the-80s.151199/#post-2742371#p2742371']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/it-came-from-the-80s.151199/#post-2742371#p2742371[/URL]
And the 21st century version from Caren and Dan:
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/36380148

Caren said she was mailing it Monday and with Thanksgiving, I'll have to wait until Friday or Saturday to do any hand shots. I'm pretty pleased from the photos; I think Caren takes great photos. Gemstones can be so tricky; she said she feels like she never really captures them right, but I think she's spot on. I have a feeling they will be getting more business from me after the first of the year.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring, and the tourmaline seems to be less dark out of your old setting, great to see recycled gold money put to good use. :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Much better setting! It lets the light in & lightens the stone. Looks nice.

I'm with LD about recycling old gold money, in spades! Planning to take some of my long-ago early gold purchases to a local jeweler who buys gold. Unremarkable chains I haven't worn in donkey's years, etc. Usually when I see on TV that gold has risen again -- can you believe it was $400/oz only a few yrs ago? -- I groan, "There go the settings I want to do." There is a silver lining, though -- "Wow, I'll get more for that old stuff than I paid for it!" Settings, here I come.

---Laurie

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I wondered whose ring that was !
I bet you are going to be really happy with it!
You made a great decision!

And in my experience, Caren's pictures don't quite live up
to the real deal, witness my Custom Earrings,
my pretty little hammered gold discs with emeralds ~
so bright and sparkly IRL :))
Her pics make them look like two little blackened orbs, heehee

She will actually agree!
It's always nice to open that little package and go "OOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Interesting - I actually think Caren's photography is spot-on, at least for my pieces. Maybe emeralds are just hard to photograph?

Anyway, very nice setting! I just got my own U-prong ring, and I love the lines.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
jstarfireb|1290713724|2779276 said:
Interesting - I actually think Caren's photography is spot-on, at least for my pieces. Maybe emeralds are just hard to photograph?

Anyway, very nice setting! I just got my own U-prong ring, and I love the lines.

HeeHee, nah, not the emeralds, the gold discs!!!! I think the camera focused on the
stones to the detriment of the gold perhaps.
The earrings are very bright and sparkly IRL

Enjoy your ring!!!!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shots, anyone?
Not the best, since I don't have a tripod and my good camera is too heavy to use one-handed, but you get the idea. I am really digging this setting; I would love to see it beefed up a little in platinum for a diamond engagement setting.
Thanks for the comments. I remembered I still have my ex-husband's first wedding ring and his old mangled herringbone chain. I think that calls for something frivolous for me with that old gold money. :lol:
Shiney, those emeralds in your earrings have such great color.

P1010004.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010002.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooo, I think the new setting is wonderful!! It shows the stone nicely. I love recycling old pieces. Reduce, reuse, recycle!! :wink2:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
ooo~Shiney!|1290785732|2779693 said:
jstarfireb|1290713724|2779276 said:

HeeHee, nah, not the emeralds, the gold discs!!!! I think the camera focused on the
stones to the detriment of the gold perhaps.
The earrings are very bright and sparkly IRL

Enjoy your ring!!!!

Texas, beautiful ring!! Gorgeous open setting.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
the new setting definitely lightens up the stone. Great reset.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results