shape
carat
color
clarity

My journey has come full circle...

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I started off with a half carat diamond. Happily wore that for almost 10 years. Hubby said on our 10th, he will get my my big diamond. So I saw the Ashoka cut and that let me here to PS.

After some reading, I decided that I didn't like that cut as much as I did. what I found was that I liked the pear shape. Was almost set to get it when the cushion cut caught my eye. After more research I got a .91 cushion cut stone. After a couple months, I found that I preferred a more square stone. More research and I traded that for a 1.06 cushion with l/w ratio of 1.05.

I loved my stone, but something was missing. I reset it into the Legato setting. Now the setting is beautiful and I wore it lovingly. But something still felt missing. I came to realize that what I wanted in a cushion is those big open culets with the chunky facets, an old stone. But those are hard to find in higher colors.

So after a talk with hubby I said for just a bit more I think I finally found a stone I could be happy with. So I pulled the trigger and voila....I finally got it right! All along, I knew deep down I wanted the pear.

1.01 vvs1/d
8.12x5.76x3.61 (1.40)

And a got me self a late b-day gift. The danielle bezel band in sapphires and diamonds. My ring size is 4.5

Thanks for listening.

1.01 p.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
...more..

s.d.b.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
and here are some bad cell phone pics.

Image031.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock

Image032.jpg

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo....beautiful pear! :love: I'm glad you finally found what makes your heart sing. It looks lovely on you.
I adore the diamond/sapphire band, however I'm biased because I have the brian gavin full eternity version.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pear really is gorgeous :sun:
I like that you put it in a simple setting, too, to let it shine!

Can we get more pics of you wearing them?

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Oh me gawd!! That is one awesome pear!! I always had a passion for pears, and yours is a beauty. The bezel band looks perfect along side it.

Your story made me smile, because I went through the very same scenario as you. Although I always had round brilliants, I always changed my mind with my settings after I found "the one." After my original setting, which I still have, I got a setting with the round and the tapered baguettes (because that is what I always wanted). Then I changed to a solitaire (because that is what I always wanted). When that didn't excite me, I ended up with a five-stone set. The ER has the bigger center stone with two smaller stones on each side. My WB matches with five .20 pointers. I am really, really happy this time!

Congratulations to you and your journey on finding "the one!"

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, I love pears.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
That pear is a beauty! I'm glad that you finally found your dream ring :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, you have come full circle! The ring is lovely. I'm a sucker for pears too (and cushions of course!). Yours is one of the prettiest I've seen and the band is divine with it! Wear your "destiny" well!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy you finally got what you really wanted. That pear is gorgeous! but you're going to have to take some more pictures....

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love your pear! I'm hoping to get my upgrade someday and I'd love a pear. Can you post more photos of it on your hand. I wear a 4.75 ring.
Thanks!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I have a soft spot in my heart for pears. My first ER was a pear and I had it reworked into a pendant.
Your stone looks lovely. More pics!! So good to see a pear here and there.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone/ring! Did you get the stone from whiteflash? Its so hard to find a nice pear but you found it!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Very yummy pear, and I like that band!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you ended up with the stone you love - it's beautiful! Looks great with the Danielle band too. Enjoy and happy b-day! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
tyty333 said:
Beautiful stone/ring! Did you get the stone from whiteflash? Its so hard to find a nice pear but you found it!

ditto...this pear is just perfection!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous pear! And I just love the Danielle with sapphires. In fact, you have one of my dream sets, so...
Congratulations! Wear them in good health.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!!! I think you made a great choice! ::)

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
BoulderGal...thanks, I do love the bezel band. Mine is only 3/4 eternity. It's so delicate, but I love the size of the stones.

Yssie...I'll try to get some pics for you. My hubby let his friend borrow our camera.

Venice...Everytime I look at it, I just absolutely love it. I don't think I'll be trading this in. :love:

lknvrb4 and oranges...thanks for looking.

yennyfire....Maybe some day I will find that old cut cushion stone in the color I like.

gemgirl...hopefully I will have the camera back soon.

Tanzigrrl...hopefully you'll get your upgrade sooner than later. ;))

bebe...thank you.

Tyty333...Yes, I got the pear from WF. There is hardly any bowtie noticeable.

Reader...I like my pears fat. :cheeky:

legra....thank you for the b/d wish. I thought I'd get myself something since the hubby forgot. :rolleyes:

slg47...yipee!

KaeKae..I love this band so much that I already am thinking about another danielle band.

Tuckins1...thanks..I love it more and more evrytime I look at it.

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE pears !!!!!!!! :cheeky: :love: (more pics please)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful set! :love: I think you had the same problem that many of us here have...we really love more than one shape of diamond! I love the classic tiffany round and eternity ring, obviously, but I also absolutely love the Good Old Gold August Vintage rounds and cushions! Oh to be able to have about 3 wedding sets! Lol!

You did a great job on this set and I hope it is your forever set this time! :appl:

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE fat pears!!! :love: :cheeky:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your pear is lovely! That photo really captures its beauty! Congrats! =)

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Frenchgirl...hopefully I get my camera back soon. I know those bad cell phone pics don't capture the beauty of them.

diamondseeker2006...sigh...I would love to have 3 sets. Got me pear, want an old cushion, and would love a nice big fat emerald. I can dream, right?

ImpatientOne...you and me both!

hearts-arrows_girl...thanks. I think they go together quite well.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore pear cuts. Your set is beautiful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results