shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding dress is not salvagable...

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Hey, little bit confused, sorry, but is this the dress that is now not-salvagable? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opinion-on-shoes-for-dresses-wedding-and-chinese-qipao.136468/
What happened?
Anyway, I agree with trying to find something ready to go, honestly. David's Bridal has so many designs and styles and thousands of dresses, usually pretty cheap (and otherwise, they run deals like mad). I know that depending on how you play your cards, you could get out of there with some serious discounts on a dress-explain your situation and ask about discounts, employee discounts, etc. or a return policy perhaps. OR, if they could extend their "300-500" dollar off discount they were holding I know earlier this year to you. That would help.
Right now, if I were you, I would want something tangible that is already made up that you can get done in a day or two, something you can hold and have in your hands leaving the store, instead of relying on someone to make it from scratch, then have alterations,etc. done within your time limit.

DB sale:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10052&categoryId=3001888&currentPage=0&subCategory=-49999486%257c3001888&pageSize=9999

Trumpet,strapless:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=3001888&currentIdx=50&subCategory=-49999486%257c3001888&catentryId=6165415&sort=

Trumpet, sweethart strapless:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=3001888&currentIdx=52&subCategory=-49999486%257c3001888&catentryId=6165420&sort=

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
We do not have a David''s Bridal here, but I would add to my previous posts that they seem like a great option. I have seen some lovely dresses from there!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Sweetie, I''m SO SO SO sorry to hear about your gown.

If I was in your shoes, I would be on the phone with every bridal salon within 50 miles, explaining my situation, asking if they have ANY samples under $500 (??) that are available for purchase. I''m sure some shop owner will understand or try to help you.

"Hi there, I''m two days out from my wedding and found out that my dress was made unwearable by a dressmaker and desperately need to find an alternative. I''m THIS size and THIS height and looking to purchase an off-the-rack dress or sample with a reasonably good fit... Do you have any gowns available for sale and pick-up TODAY?"

7.gif
My heart totally hurts for you... I''m sending hopeful, positive vibes your way!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 12:45:05 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom

If I was in your shoes, I would be on the phone with every bridal salon within 50 miles, explaining my situation, asking if they have ANY samples under $500 (??) that are available for purchase. I''m sure some shop owner will understand or try to help you.

''Hi there, I''m two days out from my wedding and found out that my dress was made unwearable by a dressmaker and desperately need to find an alternative. I''m THIS size and THIS height and looking to purchase an off-the-rack dress or sample with a reasonably good fit... Do you have any gowns available for sale and pick-up TODAY?''

7.gif
My heart totally hurts for you... I''m sending hopeful, positive vibes your way!
Agreed. And I''m going to echo the earlier posters reccomending David''s. Several of my friends got their dresses there and absolutely loved them. Also, because of the time crunch, you may have to be a little more open minded about styles, but there are a lot of beautiful dresses out there and I''m sure you''ll be able to find something.

*hugs*

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 12:45:05 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom

''Hi there, I''m two days out from my wedding and found out that my dress was made unwearable by a dressmaker and desperately need to find an alternative. I''m THIS size and THIS height and looking to purchase an off-the-rack dress or sample with a reasonably good fit... Do you have any gowns available for sale and pick-up TODAY?''

7.gif

Yes, I mean, even on SYTTD they have brides come in who need to take their dress home THAT DAY and they find them something. It is doable.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
In an earlier post/thread, you said you were also going to get a Qi Pao to wear as a reception dress. Did you end up getting a Qi Pao? If so, if worst came to worst and you couldn't get a white wedding gown in time for this weekend, could you just wear the Qi Pao to your ceremony too? I understand that it's not the white wedding gown you wanted to wear, but at least its a dress you picked out for your wedding that (I assume) fits you well...

I do hope something works out with a white gown however. Have you looked on craigslist to see if anyone is selling a gown in your area that your seamstress could alter? Or do you have any friends in the area whose wedding gown you could borrow? Or any bridal consignment shops in town? Just some more ideas I hadn't seen mentioned yet. Best of luck!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. I was out looking for dresses this morning.

I was one of the first few people to walk into David's Bridal this morning and I bought a new dress!!!!!
31.gif
30.gif

So excited. The price was alittle more but the dress fit like a glove. Seriously, I put it on and everything was just perfect. Only needed a hem and bussel, which my alterations lady (the one working on my Qi Pao trying to salvage that one
14.gif
) is doing and will be done TONIGHT!!!!! YAYAYAYAY! I will admit, I was skeptical but found a few that would have worked just fine. The dress I bought was the last one I tried on, it's about $200 more than what I wanted to spend but with the 0% interest, it was worth it. Best part is that the alterations lady that I have been working with through all this mess is only charging me between $50-65 for the hem and the bussel, DB wanted $250.
36.gif

I decided that my nerves and the stress just wasn't worth it. Alterations lady is going to fix the Qi Pao, which won't be ready until tomorrow but at least it's fixable--it's going to cost me though. I'll post pics of my new dress tonight when I get it. Alterations lady was really surprised at how pretty and how well it fit me, you should have seen her face when I showed up at her store with a DB bag
2.gif

At least one crisis is solved!

Oh and BC-- YES, I live in Chicago. If anyone wants to go for a drink you let me know, god knows I need one!

ETA: Etsy seller Spookykittencouture.
38.gif
Alterations Lady has agreed to write me a letter to back up everything that is wrong with the dresses so I can get my money back!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy to hear this new development, and I can''t wait to see pics of your new dress!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Here is the link of the dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=3001521&currentIdx=25&subCategory=-49999486%257c3001447%257c3001521&catentryId=6142348&sort=

Best part was that I got to dress shop with my grandma!
36.gif

We all thought the "waves" in this dress was perfect for a beach wedding.

OOPS---here's the link again

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=3001521&currentIdx=25&subCategory=-49999486%257c3001447%257c3001521&catentryId=6142348&sort=

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think my link is working so here is a pic of the front:

dress cupcake.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2010 3:38:49 PM
Author: cupcake*muffin
Here is the link of the dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=3001521&currentIdx=25&subCategory=-49999486%257c3001447%257c3001521&catentryId=6142348&sort=

Best part was that I got to dress shop with my grandma!
36.gif

We all thought the ''waves'' in this dress was perfect for a beach wedding.

OOPS---here''s the link again

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=3001521&currentIdx=25&subCategory=-49999486%257c3001447%257c3001521&catentryId=6142348&sort=
I''m glad it worked out okay. Your dress is beautiful. What a special thing to get to share with your grandma.
1.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I''m so glad at this turn of events. Are you going to wear it with straps? You''re going to be a gorgeous bride!

Please keep us updated about this etsy vendor
29.gif
38.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
YES!! cupcake, i''m sooooo glad you were able to find something at david''s! and THAT DRESS! really, stunning---gorgeous. girl, you def know how to find something beautiful! i think you made a smart, beautiful choice & am so happy you got to spend time w/your grandmother too!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 3:56:36 PM
Author: choro72
Yay! I'm so glad at this turn of events. Are you going to wear it with straps? You're going to be a gorgeous bride!

29.gif
38.gif

Oh no, it doesn't have straps so I'll just wear it strapless. I still can't believe how well it fits. I will post pics once I get it home tonight. She said I could come get it around 7
9.gif

As for the Etsy lady, I will be taking care of that problem after we get back from the honeymoon, no time right now with one crisis after another... FI's epidural shot isn't working so the doctor is saying surgery is imminent now
39.gif

My DB consultant said that she was impressed at how calm and nice and levelheaded I was. I guess she must see some crazy chicks wacked out of their bridal minds on a daily basis. I'm always proud to be a sane specimen for the female population
2.gif

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 4:40:29 PM

Yay! I'm so glad at this turn of events. Are you going to wear it with straps? You're going to be a gorgeous bride!

29.gif
38.gif

Oh no, it doesn't have straps so I'll just wear it strapless. I still can't believe how well it fits. I will post pics once I get it home tonight. She said I could come get it around 7
9.gif

As for the Etsy lady, I will be taking care of that problem after we get back from the honeymoon, no time right now with one crisis after another... FI's epidural shot isn't working so the doctor is saying surgery is imminent now
39.gif

My DB consultant said that she was impressed at how calm and nice and levelheaded I was. I guess she must see some crazy chicks wacked out of their bridal minds on a daily basis. I'm always proud to be a sane specimen for the female population
2.gif

I am so, so, so glad you found a dress that works and it is beautiful! I think the waves are *perfect* for the beach!

I had a similar comment from my own consultant back when I was shopping. I went shopping alone and was pretty non-fussed about it and chill about it all (however, to your credit, I had 2 months before my wedding...not 2 days!). It was somewhat unnerving standing there in front of the mirrors calmly saying that the one I put on last was the dress I wanted, while a young lady next to me was practically squealing "ohmygodIcannotbelieveIamgettingmarriedandthisisthedressIamgettingmarriedinandohmygodcanyoubelieveitIamgoingtobeaMrs!"
I felt for her friends and other bridal shop salespeople who must have been listening to that for a while before I even arrived!

I am sorry the shots are not working for FI.
7.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been MIA for a while too, but I just saw this thread. You poor thing! I''m soooo sorry you''re having 1 problem after another.

However, I LOVE your dress from David''s. I think it will be just lovely for a beach wedding. I''m glad you found something that you can be happy about, and you''ll never regret getting to shop with your grandma!

I wish you all the best for a beautiful wedding and honeymoon!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That dress is gorg! I actually like it better than the original. I''m so glad you found something, can''t wait to see pics!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 4:40:29 PM

Yay! I''m so glad at this turn of events. Are you going to wear it with straps? You''re going to be a gorgeous bride!

29.gif
38.gif

Oh no, it doesn''t have straps so I''ll just wear it strapless. I still can''t believe how well it fits. I will post pics once I get it home tonight. She said I could come get it around 7
9.gif

As for the Etsy lady, I will be taking care of that problem after we get back from the honeymoon, no time right now with one crisis after another... FI''s epidural shot isn''t working so the doctor is saying surgery is imminent now
39.gif

My DB consultant said that she was impressed at how calm and nice and levelheaded I was. I guess she must see some crazy chicks wacked out of their bridal minds on a daily basis. I''m always proud to be a sane specimen for the female population
2.gif
I''ve said this before, and I''ll say it again, I really admire you for the way you''re handling the whole situation. Most brides in your situation will be posting "WOE IS ME!!", and I wouldn''t blame them.

When do you leave? I''m dying to see pictures! Your Chinese one too. I hope your FI can go through the weekend with minimal pain
15.gif

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Your new dress is stunning
30.gif
. I am so happy you found one!

I am so sorry for all that you have gone through, and I hope things are better from here on out. I don''t know if you watch Sex and the City, and I''m sorry to compare all of your situations to a TV show, but in the episode of Charlotte''s second wedding, everything goes wrong. She freaks out, but then someone tells her that it''s better to have everything go wrong for the wedding, and right for the marriage (or something to that effect). I hope that is the case with you. Enjoy your beautiful dress and your day, and I hope things with FI''s health/pain improve soon.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
c*m, I''ve been following this thread and I am SO SO SO excited that you found a STUNNING dress at David''s Bridal!!! Seriously, that is an AMAZING dress, and it will be perfect for your beach wedding.

And I have to second choro...the way you have handled this entire situation from start to finish has been just AMAZING. I am in awe of your ability to remain calm and even positive about the entire thing! Bravo to you!

Best wishes to you and your FI, and I hope he starts to feel better sooner than later!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Choro--We leave on Friday, after work. I am hoping to have FI good and drugged for the trip. We will spend 1 week on Edisto with our friends and family, then get married on Saturday the 19th! The next day we will head to Puerto Vallarta
1.gif
. And thanks, I think I am handling it the best I can if any of you were in situation, I am sure you would do the same.

SBS-LOL, funny that you should say that...this is my second marriage. I married my high school sweetheart when we were 24...yeah...hum...
38.gif
Anyways, I hope we have gotten everything bad luck related out of the way so we can start on the right foot after our I DOs! Come hell or high water...which is all still possible right now--especially with our luck
4.gif

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 7:02:19 PM
Author: vc10um
c*m, I''ve been following this thread and I am SO SO SO excited that you found a STUNNING dress at David''s Bridal!!! Seriously, that is an AMAZING dress, and it will be perfect for your beach wedding.

And I have to second choro...the way you have handled this entire situation from start to finish has been just AMAZING. I am in awe of your ability to remain calm and even positive about the entire thing! Bravo to you!

Best wishes to you and your FI, and I hope he starts to feel better sooner than later!

Thank you :)--- you guys are too kind.

I also just wanted to say, I pick up the pretty lady in just over an hour!!! Who''s up for some pics? MEMEMEME!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Love it love it love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!

Can''t wait to see pictures of you in it! That gown is gorgeous. A+ for you and David''s Bridal! Not a bad price either for that amount of style. I hope you can recoup your funds from Spookykittencouture.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the new gown! The DB''s girl was right, you are one calm and level-headed woman! SO glad you found something new you love!!

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Honey, the new dress is GORGEOUS and you will be stunning! Best wishes to you and FI for much happiness and joy on your special day.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I''m so happy things are FINALLY looking up! I wish your FI was feeling better though. Hopefully they can find some way to keep him comfortable for the next few weeks.

Hurry up with pics of the dress!!! I can''t wait to see!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is gorgeous! I am so glad you found one that you loved and that fits. You had me seriously worried for you. Now, go enjoy your wedding!
36.gif
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous! I can''t wait to see it on you!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely, uber-sophisticated dress! I''m so glad it all worked out for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results