shape
carat
color
clarity

opinion on shoes for dresses (wedding and Chinese Qipao)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies, I know alot of you on here are shoe divas, so please help me. I am getting married on the beach on Edisto Island in June. I am going to be wearing a replica of the Jim Hjelm 8813. The lady that is making it is doing a great job and it looks just like it. In ivory.

cupcake 8813.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
http://www.dessy.com/accessories/duchess-bridesmaid-ballet-flat/ (in cornflower)

I am thinking about these for the beach ceremony (our colors are blues and purple/lavenders):

I am really looking for comfortable flats, they don't have to be blue. Opinions?

cupcake dessy_edited-1.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
After the ceremony, we will be on the grass area by the rental house. So I was thinking of wearing heels, especially since my Qi Pao is knee length.

Here is that the Qi Pao will look like but it will be in red:

chinese dress 1.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Here is the fabric for the Qi Pao. There is gold in the pattern but you can't see it here.

I am thinking gold/silvery shoes will work for both dresses once on the grass. Here were the ones I was looking at:

Jcrew Nicolette Gold Platinum

RL Aela in Platino

Nine West Accolia

I was really looking for a peep toe but couldn't find any that looked good. Help please! I suck at shoe shopping. I would like to be around 3", size 8. I do ok on heels but I don't want to be super tall or fall on the grass. Are there even such things as comfy heels?

cherry blossom brocade.JPG

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I just have to say that those green shoes are super cute... I may have to get me a pair. If you want comfy heels I would suggest Cole Haan Nike Air pumps. He has a lot of peep toe shoes. His designs tend to be a bit more classic understated though. But you can't beat them for comfort. I have a pair of the Carma OT Air Pumps, and they're fabulous. Another thing to consider about grass. Will you be directly on top of the grass, or on a patio near it? Because if it's the former then you might want to consider wedge shoes, unless you're really good at keeping your heels from sinking!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Carma pumps in soft gold.

D28120_A.jpeg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies!

I might be crazy but I ordered 5 pairs of shoes off Zappos and Piperlime so I am going to try them on tonight. I''m pretty sure it''s not normal to order that many pairs of shoes in hopes of finding one that works ;-) Hopefully one of them works. I will post pics later and if you guys can weigh in, that would be great.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I must say the dresses are beautiful. I like the flats and the first choice of heels.

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
May I ask who is making your replica dress? I''m also thinking of having a Jim Hjelm replica made (but a combo of 2 dresses). I''ve found some online companies, but not sure if I should steer clear of those. TIA

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 12:54:30 PM
Author: lisamarie84
May I ask who is making your replica dress? I''m also thinking of having a Jim Hjelm replica made (but a combo of 2 dresses). I''ve found some online companies, but not sure if I should steer clear of those. TIA

Hi Lisamarie,

I bought the dress from "Spookykittencouture" on Etsy. I had put an ad on the Alchemy portion of the Esty site and got about 20-25 bids. From there, I had everyone send me photos of their previous work. I ended up with Spooky because she sent me a few photos of other bridal dresses and one of them was the Monique Lhullier dress that Kevin Costner''s wife wore. She did and excellent job. I am expecting the photos of the completed dress today. So I will post some of the "in progress" photos I have so you can see. She hand sewed each of the pearls and crystals on the lace. All this for 10% of the original retail! I have relied on Etsy for EVERYTHING!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Front of the dress
30.gif

cupcake dress front.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Back of the dress

cupcake back dress.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, I can''t upload the lace shots!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
This is to get an idea of the lace

cupcake  muffin lace.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Close up of the pearls--before she sewed on the crystals

cupcake lace closeup.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
It''s done! Being over-nighted
36.gif
First fitting is this Saturday.

cupcake front final.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Not sure why the ivory sash shows up pink/mocha-y but it''s ivory. I might switch it out. Don''t know yet.

cupcake back final.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results